• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russia Suffering from Countless Internal Saboteur/Rebellion Incidents

No one can say anything that happens within Russia with absolute certainty. But when given a closer look the signs point to Russian saboteurs likly mad from a lost family member killed in Ukraine and/or the loss of wealth too from the sanctions.

It should be clearly noted the DWS feels it's not that big of a threat IF these incidents are caused by Russian saboteurs and is in fact a good thing, more so for Ukraine. @DEFCON Warning System feel free to add anything I missed.
I'm not totally sold that these are Russians sabotaging these places. How secure are these areas? Why can't Ukrainian saboteurs be doing it? Or at least Ukraine behind it, paying off Russians or third parties.

I'm not totally sold that these are Russians sabotaging these places. How secure are these areas? Why can't Ukrainian saboteurs be doing it? Or at least Ukraine behind it, paying off Russians or third parties.
Though if it is indeed Russians acting on their own interests it's not to big of concern correct? Is also a good thing for Ukraine as it would tie up Russian resources.

This right here for me is what sells the idea its Russian saboteurs. If they blamed Ukraine it would shed more light on them. More people looking at these incidents might find somthing embarrassing for Putin like Rebels.
You'd think if it was Russian saboteurs, Russia would go even further to blame the Ukranians. It certainly would give the public motivation to keep the war going.

You'd think if it was Russian saboteurs, Russia would go even further to blame the Ukranians. It certainly would give the public motivation to keep the war going.
Intresting take. I suppose. Just baffling why else they would try and act like this is nothing, simply minor accidents to them. One after another.

But it's fair to say if this is Russian dissidents then there isn't to much to worry about so long Putin doesn't think/told its Ukraine...

Has anyone done the map work to see how far this refinery is away from the main battle line?? Another question...... has anyone tried to posit how good Russian radar coverage both inside Ukraine and along the Russian-Ukraine border might be at this point? Do any of the Ukraine jets have legs long enough to get here and back particularly fast and at low altitude? Could it be a drone strike?? How far is the refinery and base from the line of contact?? Would be interesting to know this.

Do not underestimate the abilities of cyber. The Iranian centrifuges were brought down just by randomly disrupting the rpms and spoofing rpm reported speeds.
I work in a industrial facility. it is always amazing how many ways the SCADA system controllers can cause serious mechanical issues most minor but some could be catastrophic.
My entire shift is nothing but monitoring two SCADA systems at two separate locations to make sure operations stay with in norms and make occasional corrections. Then making periodic physical inspections that the SCADA s are reporting accurately.
And believe me SCADA op systems have been around for awhile and they are very prone to errors and inaccurate reporting as well as being online and open to hackers.
If I was doing this in a flammable industrial setting I’d demand a raise.

Do not underestimate the abilities of cyber. The Iranian centrifuges were brought down just by randomly disrupting the rpms and spoofing rpm reported speeds
This is true. I have also read recently how NATO/US have been sending tech equipment and cyber attack/defense trainers into/for Ukraine.

Could be attacks carried out by Ukraines newly upgraded cyber army.

A drone could evade radar. But it would have to fly really low where it would be bound to be detected by human eyes and shot down many miles before reaching these targets.
Maybe, maybe not. How close are Russian anti air emplacements along the border? Agree with what you say about a drone but I question whether it could be easily shot down on line of site. It also would depend on the drone, shape, radar absorbent coating, rcs and so forth. If it had a small rcs and radar absorbent coating depending on how good the Russian radar is, it might not have to fly extremely low to avoid radar. Where are the holes in the Russian radar coverage of this border? Are there areas where two sites barely overlap, in those areas it would have to be a target with a large rcs and possibly broadside on to the emitter to be picked up?? Just a lot we dont know. Dissidents? Possibly are but maybe not.

Do not underestimate the abilities of cyber. The Iranian centrifuges were brought down just by randomly disrupting the rpms and spoofing rpm reported speeds.
I work in a industrial facility. it is always amazing how many ways the SCADA system controllers can cause serious mechanical issues most minor but some could be catastrophic.
My entire shift is nothing but monitoring two SCADA systems at two separate locations to make sure operations stay with in norms and make occasional corrections. Then making periodic physical inspections that the SCADA s are reporting accurately.
And believe me SCADA op systems have been around for awhile and they are very prone to errors and inaccurate reporting as well as being online and open to hackers.
If I was doing this in a flammable industrial setting I’d demand a raise.
How often do you do software updates to your SCADA systems?