• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russian shells hit the storage of radioactive waste during the shelling of Kyiv

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
Russian shells hit the radioactive waste storage facility of the Kiev branch of the Radon Association, the press service of the State Inspectorate for Nuclear Regulation of Ukraine reports.

“As of February 27, 2022, 01:20 am Kyiv time, as a result of the mass bombardment of Kyiv with all types of anti-aircraft and missile weapons available in the Russian Federation, shells fell into the radioactive waste storage facility of the Kiev branch of the Radon Association. This was reported by phone by the personnel of the enterprise, who is in hiding as a result of the ongoing mass shelling. There is no possibility of assessing the scale of destruction,” the report says.

The inspectorate also clarifies that "the assessment of the radiation situation will be carried out with portable devices after the shelling is completed."

According to preliminary data, there is no threat to the population

Well, it now makes sense as to why gas masks were issued to the Russian army either earlier today or late yesterday. I really thought it would be chemical.

After letting the DWS post have time to soak in for a few minutes, this now brings on a question that's going to be difficult to answer. Now, I'm not trying for accuracy right now, but I think that most of the countries that surround Russia and Ukraine might be in NATO. Well, there are questions that are going to have to be answered. Radioactive waste can be many different things. It can be anything from the protection suits to be destroyed (on the light side of seriousness) to spent fuel rods (the opposite side of seriousness) being the most dangerous.

If it is spent fuel rods and radiation is escaping, with the prevailing winds, this would endanger possibly the Nato countries in that area. It makes me wonder in the back of my mind IF that would be enough of a justification for NATO to get involved in that mess over there.

Hitting that facility, in my opinion is a very serious game changer or possible game changer. It's going to take a day or so, until results are truly known (if we ever really know the truth.)

On a personal level, I'm just about at a solid 2 God, I hope I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, whether they tried to or not (and I'm not sure. if they were trying they probably would succeed. ), but this level of carelessness and the seeming orders to "fire at will", alongside the gas masks being handed out, show just how bad this war could get, especially if its prolonged.
The only hope for ukraine, the russian people, and world peace, is a coup/violent uprising in Russia, I feel. The Ukrainians may fight, and chances are they will do a decent job repelling Russian forces. But Putin's not going to war for more than a few weeks, unless the Ukrainians also start ignoring war "rules", and fighting back with all possible weapons at there disposal. Even then, Putin will take extreme measures to insure he gets what he wants.

"...as a result of the mass bombardment of Kyiv with all types of anti-aircraft and missile weapons available in the Russian Federation.."
Lol, if that true, Kyev now is a mess. But online cam show that:

"...as a result of the mass bombardment of Kyiv with all types of anti-aircraft and missile weapons available in the Russian Federation.."
Lol, if that true, Kyev now is a mess. But online cam show that:
Yes, because 4 webcams show all of Kyiv, a city with 3 million inhabitants and a surface area of 324 square miles/839 square kilometers.

I just wish that somewhere, the readings would be released, but it's probably going to be like the attempted cover-up when Chernoble blew up.

Are you now really comparing nukes to conventional weapons?
Can read and understand words in phrase?) There was "all types of missile weapons available in the Russian Federation".