• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

SEC chairman warning...

There were some weird Internet outages yesterday. Coincidence?

There were some weird Internet outages yesterday. Coincidence?
YouTube was down world wide for a hour. Was quite alarming because it was not just YouTube.

I was supposed to get direct deposit today or rather yesterday evening and my jobs H.R can't give me any reason why and other co-works are having same issue with payroll.

Apparently Hulu, Netflix, and WIFI in most parts around here just flat out stopped working yesterday for a rather long period my Husband says. Husband was home yesterday. I was busy working so did not notice the outtage.

Oh, good. We need some more chaos in our lives.

This man his accent, doesnt sit well with me

That's a staggering number

Yeah. You have to be careful how you set up your intrusion prevention logs on network security because if you try to log every single attack the hard drive will be full in a week. I tired that once for a few hours. Not only did it heavily degrade network performance, the machine I was using kept maxing the memory and swap usage in the process. Granted, this is my home security server, not an enterprise-grade server, but still.

Also, about 80% of that cyberattack traffic is coming from China. If you don't do business in China and you don't care about not visiting any websites hosted in China, I would just block all network traffic originating from there. North Korea and Russia too.

BREAKING – US Treasury Department and a second agency successfully breached by a 'sophisticated' hacking group 'backed by a foreign government' stole information from both.

The timing of this breach is suspicious, to say the least...

The number of prime targets being hacked across the globe in the past weeks tells us the Cyber war is getting more intense. I can't recall such a high amount of prime targets being hacked in such a short amount of time. Let's hope infrastructure related hacks will not be on the menu the coming months.

— "Same hackers that breached the U.S. Treasury have also compromised the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Reuters)."