Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarkNoon

Power Poster
The very body is manipulate, poisoned, & rendered the body useless by personal national interests from global and regional powers seeking global domination by any means & not for the sake of global stability which the body was made for IMHO.

Only way I can see the U.N having any real credibility anymore is if it had its own REAL independent military/peacekeepers force NOT influenced by their host nations at all, but supplied by all nations. Doesn't matter the conflict or whom it involves, this independent global force would be in the middle of any conflict without national influence.

The U.N has no power because nations around the world don't give it the power. All I am saying is that the globe and all the nations in it need to give it power, otherwise it might as well be dismantled. If a body of government (s) has no power what is the point really. Sure humanitarian missions but even those hardly work with the U.N due to blockage from it's members.

Last edited:

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
The concept of the UN is much more important than the UN itself. There needs to be a global organization devoted to peaceful resolutions of crises between nations, a place where countries can choose to talk to each other. The fact that countries choose not to avail themselves of that option is a failure of human nature; not the UN.

The UN maintaining its own independent military forces would be contrary to the reason for its very existence. So would it having "power" of any kind. And the UN is not really a "body of government," per se. It is a meeting place for other bodies of government to communicate each other.

Is the UN very effective right now? No - I agree with you on that much. But you don't abandon an ideal just because it's difficult to achieve.

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Is the UN very effective right now? No - I agree with you on that much. But you don't abandon an ideal just because it's difficult to achieve.
Exactly this would be a different approach to the U.N which is why the body needs independent power not influenced by any host nation. Yes it's a forums where governments talk, but there has to be a neutral party or force in the world preventing war and aiding in humanitarian disasters with zero restrictions. With no external influence and only goal is to be a buffer between potential conflicts or stop conflicts and humanitarian missions not held back in anyway.

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Exactly this would be a different approach to the U.N which is why the body needs independent power not influenced by any host nation. Yes it's a forums where governments talk, but there has to be a neutral party or force in the world preventing war and aiding in humanitarian disasters with zero restrictions. With no external influence and only goal is to be a buffer between potential conflicts or stop conflicts and humanitarian missions not held back in anyway.
Nothing fancy or big. Just a normal size force acting with impunity that if needed can be dropped in-between waring nations, civil wars, genocide, and bring aid. This force wouldn't be used against anyone directly and would likely be seen acting in third world conflict only like in Africa, South America, Middle East and most parts in Asia where disaster and civil unrest is frequent and bloody.

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Power Poster
Nothing fancy or big. Just a normal size force acting with impunity that if needed can be dropped in-between waring nations, civil wars, genocide, and bring aid. This force wouldn't be used against anyone directly and would likely be seen acting in third world conflict only like in Africa, South America, Middle East and most parts in Asia where disaster and civil unrest is frequent and bloody.
This force I speak of would basically ensure mass refugee crisis's constantly ongoing can be stabilized. Mass flux of migrant and refugees weather from war or disasters globally is a very big risk for instability and chaos for every country in the world.

Basically a watchdog force for the "poor house" equivalent of countries in this world. I know the US already does this sort of thing but we can't keep it up forever and we also can't always act with impunity either, as a nation our motives can be questionable sometimes.

Last edited: