• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Sig Intel March 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafshortwave

Emergency Action Messages (EAM's) are encrypted messages sent through the High Frequency Global Communications System (HFGCS).
While the messages can not be decrypted by the average person, the frequency of broadcasts, and types of broadcasts are interesting.

I'm going to try to start posting in here daily, however no promises.

The last 3 days have been somewhat below average with 10-15 EAMs each day, compared to the previous days, usually a stretch of quieter days leads to very active days though.

Last night was again, below average, but right around the time of callsign change (0000 UTC) 5 very fast paced and urgent sounding EAMs came over over a span of 7 minutes, followed by 2 SKYKINGs about 2 hours later, also very fast paced, nothing seems out of the ordinary and no nuclear missiles have been launched so I'm decently sure it was nothing.

8 EAMs in the past hour which is above average, but nothing of importance seems to be going on in the world.

Extremely early SKYKINGs noted yesterday, one at 1950z from Andrews and a second a few hours later from Offutt, SKYKINGs are usually transmitted late at night.

Brad Dormer said:
Extremely early SKYKINGs noted yesterday, one at 1950z from Andrews and a second a few hours later from Offutt, SKYKINGs are usually transmitted late at night.

I had read that do you know the timing in relation to the attack counter attack in Syria. Did it come before during or after?

Being perminatly banned from twitter does have a few draw backs with monitoring some intel post.

Obreid said:
Brad Dormer said:

I had read that do you know the timing in relation to the attack counter attack in Syria. Did it come before during or after?

Being perminatly banned from twitter does have a few draw backs with monitoring some intel post.
One was right before or right at the start of the attacks and the second came later on, towards the end of the attacks.

Also, I should note that SKYKINGs from Offutt are pretty rare, as far as I know there's only been 3 or 4 that I've logged in the year and a half I've been monitoring

Brad Dormer said:
Obreid said:
Brad Dormer said:

One was right before or right at the start of the attacks and the second came later on, towards the end of the attacks.

So they probably were related, but we'll never know definitively. Thanks

EAM activity has been picking up significantly over the past couple of days with 28 on Sunday and 35 on Monday (may tweak those numbers because I'm not sure if that's the exact number, but it's somewhere around there) Those 2 days were the busiest so far this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.