• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Sig Intel Nov 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

usafshortwave

Upon request I will be reviving this thread, I will be following the other intel channel topic layouts (making a new one every few weeks or if it exceeds a certain number of messages) and will be posting mostly in the afternoon and evening or whenever I find time, anyone else is more than welcome to post as well. I will also be uploading a simple tutorial on how to use webSDR and other SDRs as soon as I find time to make one. For those wondering, I will be posting EAMs, SKYKINGs and other information from USAF frequencies

Please note: These EAMs and SKYKINGs are coded and cannot be broken by anyone other than the person sending and the person receiving them. Please do not ask me what they mean as I do not know.

Cheers for that. It's always good to have signal intel. Even if we can't decode it, we can tell something is happening when there is a significant increase in traffic.

EAM Swarm underway on 4724USB at around 3.02 kHz.
4 30chars back to back, followed closely by a 148 character EAM.
Operator of that particular callsign was spitting out his all stations initial portion of the transmissions.
Either a decent chunk of information passing hands, or it may be related to SecDef's travels this week/weekend.

Situation requires further monitoring.

Update: An additional 4 standard length messages have followed in quick succession.

Update: Minimum of 3 additional standard length EAM's back to back from the same call sign "Art Show"

Update: Four additional standard length transmissions from same call sign since last update.

Swarm abated shortly after 2PM Eastern Standard Time.

Justicar said:
EAM Swarm underway on 4724USB at around 3.02 kHz.
4 30chars back to back, followed closely by a 148 character EAM.
Operator of that particular callsign was spitting out his all stations initial portion of the transmissions.
Either a decent chunk of information passing hands, or it may be related to SecDef's travels this week/weekend.

Situation requires further monitoring.

Update: An additional 4 standard length messages have followed in quick succession.

Update: Minimum of 3 additional standard length EAM's back to back from the same call sign "Art Show"

Update: Four additional standard length transmissions from same call sign since last update.

Swarm abated shortly after 2PM Eastern Standard Time.

Did you by chance catch any recordings?

Seems to be a pretty busy day compared to the last few, although Vigilant Ace is underway and some of these EAMs are likely related to that.
EAMs since 9:50am CT:
FIYHJ5 - ZGUORJRFFN4HTQYIPE475MG6 - BOOT JACK
BOOTJACK STANDING BY FOR TRAFFIC
DGGZHP - R6A5DK2VWBGJ7NZRJ5CZYZ5P - BOOTJACK
DGMLEN - MHS3FIN66MFRQIRLQ2NZ6333 - BOOTJACK
FIKX2W - T7C7WEFOE5YKXBXHR5N5UFHQ - BOOTJACK
DGZRUU - YLYFSQCGQPFYLNB6I755THNT - BOOTJACK

Brad Dormer said:
Seems to be a pretty busy day compared to the last few, although Vigilant Ace is underway and some of these EAMs are likely related to that.
EAMs since 9:50am CT:
FIYHJ5 - ZGUORJRFFN4HTQYIPE475MG6 - BOOT JACK
BOOTJACK STANDING BY FOR TRAFFIC
DGGZHP - R6A5DK2VWBGJ7NZRJ5CZYZ5P - BOOTJACK
DGMLEN - MHS3FIN66MFRQIRLQ2NZ6333 - BOOTJACK
FIKX2W - T7C7WEFOE5YKXBXHR5N5UFHQ - BOOTJACK
DGZRUU - YLYFSQCGQPFYLNB6I755THNT - BOOTJACK

Appreciate your efforts on signals. Hard to track this with a phone and precious bandwidth, thanks

There was a beefy SKYKING swarm last night around midnight CT, 6 SKYKINGs within 20 minutes, one was disregarded and everything has been normal since.

There was a "Standby for High Precedence Traffic" last night followed by a swarm of 3 normal length EAMs. High Precedence Traffic (HPT) is usually a good indicator it's likely to be legit emergency/priority traffic beyond the normal orders, diplomatic cables, etc.

There were multiple (5+) messages to SKYMASTER last night, SKYMASTER is one of USSTRATCOM's Airborne Command Post planes. The last time any traffic to or from SKYMASTER was heard was in the beginning of November, 2017

Hopefully I will be posting daily activity now, if anyone is wondering my source of this information is eam.watch, multiple people post EAMs on here and there are some nifty charts that show activity through the month, week, and year available. At some point when I have more time I hope to post a guide on how to use webSDR as well.

EDIT: EAM.Watch has been shut down.

ACTIVITY THIS WEEK:
All Station calls: 85
Skykings: 5
Radio Checks: 54
ACTIVITY THIS MONTH:
All Station calls: 255
Skykings: 19
Radio Checks: 149

willrod1989 said:
EAM watch is now offline and seized by Homeland Security. Any idea why this might happen?

Yep, found about about it from another forum, and can now confirm. This can't be anything good, I've got a bad feeling about this... :?

Confirmed, I believe the issue was that they were RECORDING the messages as in the actual voices and uploading the recordings to the website, it's not smart to do that and I wasn't a part of recording the EAMs, just logging them. I have not been talked to, detained, or anything like that so I'm assuming and hoping I'm good, the owner of the website and the moderators of that website have gone MIA though. Just to be on the safe side, I'm not going to be listening, logging, or anything that has to do with military comms anymore, meaning you'll either have to listen yourselves or live without signal intel, unfortunately.

I do however find it interesting that they decided to do this now instead of immediately... the website was made in December of 2017..

Yingyang said:
Can a moderator give any more info on this.

The DEFCON WARNING SYSTEM is in no way affiliated with that website.

From the owner of eam.watch: firstly, I would like to apologize about the confusion, and stress that this may have caused, but it was in order to assess an internal security concern in regards to one of our “partners” who was providing assistance in the automated recording and transcriptions setup process. I know many people will believe that this was a publicity stunt, but if it were I would not be providing this background now, or further background and screenshots at a later date. I would like to reassure everyone that I have been in control of the domain and website this entire time.

I find it quite amazing how quickly people who claim to provide factual information relay unverified information and proceeded to distance themselves from this community while also removing messages that showed support for this community and what we do.

I would also like to thank those who actually did some research and were questioning the validity of what was going on with so many fairly clear signs pointing to the fact this was not an actual seizure.

My goal is to ensure those who say they support this community truly do, when I get the feeling the community is being used for others purposes, and people are unable to back up their own claims and maintain a single stance through unknown times I have to do the best thing I can to get to the truth.

Again, I apologize for any stress and confusion, I’ll be providing additional details once I finish a write up, and will be in voice later to address any further issues or concerns

I was not going to provide this information until I was fully available to address any concerns, but once I am actually available I’ll be here to address all concerns. The security of the community, and the community not being mislead by outside groups was the primary reason this was done in the shadows. Again I truly apologize for the confusion, but needed to ensure I got to the bottom of the situation and received the truth.

TL:DR, it was fake, eam.watch was never seized by DHS, their activities do not violate any law or regulation, and the site is back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.