• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

START PREPPING!

Ps22009

department of homeland security is telling us to start prepping right now. Their saying that we should stick up on supplies that would last for 6 months. The reason for this is because our power grid is a prime target for terrorist organizations. The article that I got for this, for some reason, decided to change "says dhs" to "says council" which is relevant.

[Link of article will be in description cause my fuckin phone is being retarded and wont let me paste the fuckin link which is pissing me off rn]

Commentary about this situation--> https://youtu.be/__OhOPAhDxo

Cant get the website pasted here cause this website disabled me from pasting the link. Fucking bullshit

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/start-prepping-electric-grid-prime-target-of-terrorists-profound-threat-says-dhs

I read a similar article a couple days ago. It might have been the same article. Here it is: https://defconwarningsystem.com/2018/12/07/military-warns-emp-attack-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order/

I can't tell you how many times we blow the trumpet, telling people to get ready for disaster. But time and again, people wait until it is right in their face and then it is too late. The store shelves are empty, and people are fighting over scraps.

/sigh

I'm planning for the worst right now.

The same website put this article out 11 days before the one linked by the OP:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/military-warns-emp-attack-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order

RiffRaff said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/military-warns-emp-attack-could-wipe-out-america-democracy-world-order

I remember seeing that article also, but due to homeland security telling people to stack up on supplies could mean were at a serious situation right now. President gotten word about this, but hasn't reached out to the public about this yet
(In my opinion there probably trying to give Donald Trump a statement that's sugar coated so panic wouldnt break out so suddenly because if he were to tell people to stockpile on supplies, panic would go through the cities).

Ps22009 said:
RiffRaff said:

I remember seeing that article also, but due to homeland security telling people to stack up on supplies could mean were at a serious situation right now. President gotten word about this, but hasn't reached out to the public about this yet
(In my opinion there probably trying to give Donald Trump a statement that's sugar coated so panic wouldnt break out so suddenly because if he were to tell people to stockpile on supplies, panic would go through the cities).

I've talked to a lot of people about the advantages of maintaining even a minimum stockpile of supplies if for nothing more than severe weather and/or power outages. In my experience, a burning bush could appear telling people to stock up on supplies, and a large number of people would still choose to ignore it.

I understand human psychology *after* a disaster has occurred, and I'm trained to deal with that. But the psychology of "it can't happen to me" still baffles me. Perhaps preparing for a disaster in advance makes the prospect too real for some people.

There’s the default mindset of Americans today who for the most part even their parents have never seen cataclysmic event happen in last 60 years.

Let alone have no historic memory of a larg scale event happen and there not be the government or aid groups come in with help relativity quickly.
We’re americans we can always find away to rebuild and help other regions. When power infrastructure is damaged in one area linemen are transfered in to help from all over the country.
This is unknown in much of the world and definitely in history. Life in america and lot of the west is an anomaly in history.
Eventually at some point in time this type of response and support will not be there.

I don't think this thread belongs in the Terrorism category but I will chime in. I think it is good to have a minimum amount of preparations, but the dynamics involved in a true crisis would steer me away from stockpiling huge amounts of goods. My property (Where I live) includes a water source (pond) with fish, and adequate space to grow plenty of food. The problem is the adjacent population would most likely rob, lute, take, burn or use anything I have stockpiled. Even if a person has weapons as a deterrence, most people could not defend against a massive amount of people. Therefore my prepping is based on being mobile. I have a long term back pack crammed with everything from handheld radios to food and shelter, to a short term hunting backpack with shorter range radios and short term supplies. I have a tri-band programmable hand held, that I can use to communicate with all my radios in both backpacks if I need to give the smaller backpack to friends or family members.

TheChrome said:
I don't think this thread belongs in the Terrorism category but I will chime in. I think it is good to have a minimum amount of preparations, but the dynamics involved in a true crisis would steer me away from stockpiling huge amounts of goods. My property (Where I live) includes a water source (pond) with fish, and adequate space to grow plenty of food. The problem is the adjacent population would most likely rob, lute, take, burn or use anything I have stockpiled. Even if a person has weapons as a deterrence, most people could not defend against a massive amount of people. Therefore my prepping is based on being mobile. I have a long term back pack crammed with everything from handheld radios to food and shelter, to a short term hunting backpack with shorter range radios and short term supplies. I have a tri-band programmable hand held, that I can use to communicate with all my radios in both backpacks if I need to give the smaller backpack to friends or family members.
I put it here because it somewhat had to do with terrorists targeting our power grid, I wasnt too sure where to put it, so I put it here

On a personal preparations I purchased several SW handhelds with useful antenna modifications and will be seeking out the local ham club soon.

Also parted with the money for a PVS-14 white phosphorus monocular and Steiner IR weapons laser.

Not for hunting men, but I can mount it on my crossbow which will give me an edge in the wild game department hunting quiet and at night.
Experimenting with small game snares as well. Seems like a good skill/hobby for my middle age body.
Slow and steady and above all quiet.

Rational preparations to me always included both preparing to stay and also being able to go.
We live along way from any metro area but still fairly high rural population density. Both a potential strength and weakness there.

We’re also 200 miles upwind of a nuke plant and same distance from airbase and one of the army’s biological training facilities.
Way too many unknowns in my mind to ignore either eventuality of bugging in or going.

One of my ancestors climbed on to a covered wagon in 1849 at 72 years old with sons family and made one of the first trips west to California.
I’m way too young to throw the towel in if the world goes to hell.

I don’t know where else to go to ask this question but what is cyber terrorism?

Guest said:
I don’t know where else to go to ask this question but what is cyber terrorism?

Cyber terrorism is where computers are used to hack into the computers of a target or targets in order to damage them, infect them, or otherwise interfere with their operations. This could be for financial goals by extortion for money or for disrupting an entire country by shutting down infrastructure. But whatever the goal is, the weapons used for attack and defense are all computers.

Stock up on tinned food and camping gas. If worst comes to worst can always live like you on holiday ! Make fun out of it for the kids. Can get the guitar out and do some singing etc. It might do us all some good to get away from the computers tbh \o/

Keep in mind, you aren't supposed to live off your preps. Your preps are there for when you can't kill, cultivate, barter, or trade for supplies. That's why they're there, to fill that void. You shouldn't rely on them for day-to-day survival.