• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Subreddit?

jjjppp11

Power Poster
I know some of the mods are opposed to doing such, but, personally, I think it would be pretty convenient. I am rather experienced in making subreddits, so if you are all SERIOUSLY interested, then please PM me.

Ryan said:
I don’t want anything to do with reddit. I know for sure DWS doesn’t. If Tanith or Zach would like, I give you permission now.

I don't really know a lot about reddit, but from what I hear I probably wouldn't want to go there.

From a practical standpoint, it'd just be one more thing to have to deal with. I can't even imagine what that would be like during a crisis given how this board alone can blow up.

Any other alternatives? I have always thought it would be cool for DWS to have their own place for information drudging.

I've heard about reddit and tumblr... much of it isn't good, especially at 3 AM.

However, it's not my place to judge this, as I'm not a moderator or an administrator.

Tanith said:
The FB page, in particular, is woefully under-utilized.

I really don't know much about Facebook. Not because I'm a technophobe, but because I just don't like Facebook. :lol:

I do realize it's a tool. though my understanding is that Facebook skews to an older audience, with the young seeing Facebook as ancient tech.

How do you think Facebook is being under-utilized and how can we change that? (Subject for a different thread maybe?)

DEFCONWarningSystem said:
Tanith said:
The FB page, in particular, is woefully under-utilized.

I really don't know much about Facebook. Not because I'm a technophobe, but because I just don't like Facebook. :lol:

I do realize it's a tool. though my understanding is that Facebook skews to an older audience, with the young seeing Facebook as ancient tech.

How do you think Facebook is being under-utilized and how can we change that? (Subject for a different thread maybe?)

I am currently not signed up for facebook, and, honestly, I never really plan on it.

However, I do know that you can create a CLOSED group on facebook; only allowing the mature users in, and the shitty ones out.

Tanith said:
jjjppp answered the question before I did, boss. We can create a closed group, and when something happens, those with the needed permissions can post an update to all members.

For example, the developments in the ME this weekend. Let's say Iran goes nuts. Members of the closed group would see the message "Saudi Arabia cuts diplomatic ties with Iran, Iran retaliates by launching..." And so on. Nothing's been launched, btw, just using that as an example.

But they would then come here to the forums for more information, and site activity would pick up. So it could be beneficial in more ways than one.

I agree. Facebook would just be our dumping ground for information...all the information would be analyzed, and the true stuff could then be posted here.

On top of this, information can be reposted with the click of a button...making it easier to share content.

I'm no mod, but just an idea.

Oh.

I went to the facebook page. Wouldn't let me look at it without being logged in. Is that a Facebook thing? Or can it be set so anyone can see it?

Oh.

I went to the facebook page. Wouldn't let me look at it without being logged in. Is that a Facebook thing? Or can it be set so anyone can see it?

It can be, but if that was so, EVERYONE would be able to look at it, and thus pollute the page.

I have just joined the group under my twitter name, Soviet-Warporter.

I do use reddit, and I think that it -could- be of use in the future. I don't think now is the time, though.

WE WERE ALL TOO LATE. NOOOO!

https://www.facebook.com/defcon-warning-system-714603448669444/?fref=ts

Ryan said:
jjjppp11 said:
WE WERE ALL TOO LATE. NOOOO!

https://www.facebook.com/defcon-warning-system-714603448669444/?fref=ts

Ill get that removed. We already have our own page though.

"Ill get that removed."

You can do such thing?

P.S: I cannot join the group for some reason

NVM...I joined...I realized that pages cannot join groups, so, I had to create an account with my real name; Justin Pedenyosky.

Anyway, I just made my first post! Hopefully it works, and you all like the system.

Don't post your Facebook name in this thread. Remember this is a pubic thread and is crawled by search engines.

I'm already hunted by bots, and crappy catered search results...Come get me! :lol:

jjjppp11 said:
Don't post your Facebook name in this thread. Remember this is a pubic thread and is crawled by search engines.

I'm already hunted by bots, and crappy catered search results...Come get me! :lol:

SkyNet says "hi." :lol: :lol:

Supercomputer generated advertising...that'll be the day. You think nuclear war is bad?