Taiwan-China | 2022

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member
Which makes china look even sadder. They have the money, alright manufacturing but zero innovation. Completely reliant on western research. Pitiful.
Yes this has always stumped me. China has the means but does not utilize it. They could be very powerful and in numbers. But they seemingly choose not too.

JPod

Yes this has always stumped me. China has the means but does not utilize it. They could be very powerful and in numbers. But they seemingly choose not too.
I suspect thier scientific community is handicapped by corruption and internal struggles for power rather than actually researching new technologies. That and they likely have almost no freedom to communicate and explore ideas. Communication lockdown is the death of science. That's one reason why the Manhattan project had all the scientists live togther. The scientists could freely speak with eachother and work on problems and an acceptable level of secrecy was met.

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member

Exclusive: U.S. considers China sanctions to deter Taiwan action, Taiwan presses EU:

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member

Lithuania set to open Taiwan representative office and risk further anger from Beijing:

• The Baltic state has previously indicated the mission would open on Monday and named its first envoy to the island
  • Last year’s opening of a Taiwanese representative office in Vilnius was seen by Beijing as a major violation of its sovereignty

Irag8er

Major Contributor
I didn't join the army to fight for Taiwan

Very interesting article, some valid points. Of course the underlying question could be asked of any war (discounting 1/2 of WWIl/Pearl harbor). A decent rebuttal might be that China has world domination as its goal, so do we have to attempt to stop them in Taiwan?
Russia might have domination of Europe as its goal, so do we attempt to stop them in Ukraine with billions of dollars in aid, or worse yet, do we fight to save Europe.......again.