• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Taiwan & China Crisis

Note particularly the nature of the payloads. Not having a military background but being an avid Clancy reader from years ago I seem to remember something like this happening in one of his books before a conflict started.
Yeah, it was a fractional orbital bombardment system situation. Also was used in Warday. I always thought the assumption that space would be off limits in a conflict was questionable at best. If you're willing to use a nuclear weapon, or even look at one while you're thinking about using it, you're going to be willing to do whatever you have to do in space.

I've saying this for months now.
I remember a book by Soviet defector Anatoliy Golitsyn called "New Lies For Old" in which he discussed how the Sino-Soviet split was not genuine, how the fall of the Soviet Union was engineered by Moscow (which would make some sense if thought about from the standpoint of why all those communists one day stood up and said "we're not communists anymore") and how the Russians and Chinese would eventually try to take out the USA then point their guns at Europe/Asia say "stick em' up" and bring about a shift in the balance of world power permanently. I believe he was ignored by our alphabet agencies, but looking at it now, seems like he may have not been nuts.

Russia and China don't like each other. At least, that used to be true. Right now, they see advantage in ganging up against the West.

Problem is, Russia may be heading down the road Australia was: Thinking China is a friend when they aren't.

I've saying this for months now.
I remember a book by Soviet defector Anatoliy Golitsyn called "New Lies For Old" in which he discussed how the Sino-Soviet split was not genuine, how the fall of the Soviet Union was engineered by Moscow (which would make some sense if thought about from the standpoint of why all those communists one day stood up and said "we're not communists anymore") and how the Russians and Chinese would eventually try to take out the USA then point their guns at Europe/Asia say "stick em' up" and bring about a shift in the balance of world power permanently. I believe he was ignored by our alphabet agencies, but looking at it now, seems like he may have not been nuts.
Russia and China don't like each other. At least, that used to be true. Right now, they see advantage in ganging up against the West.

Problem is, Russia may be heading down the road Australia was: Thinking China is a friend when they aren't.
Oh I dont doubt for a second that its a relationship of convenience, but if "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" then they may have more in common with each other then either do with us. If they were to ever pull off the destruction of the United States and hold the rest of the Western World hostage, at some point, they'd turn on each other.

Hey Dark Noon
What they have done is shut down...or made unavailable shore based AIS services that were here to fore available on the web at places like

or

if you look at the sites you see everything along the coast of mainland China is tagged sat-ais. The ais data is still there but not for anyone other than a subscriber to the satellite service ais data which for example is available here

so by and large the shore based ais transponder receivers from the Chinese mainland are no longer available on the internet like those are from across the strait in Taiwan. The sat-ais markers indicate those ships close to mainland China shore have activated ais transponders. Could there be ships there that have been instructed by the Chinese government to shut their ais transponders off?? Absolutely. Then you wouldnt see them at all anywhere except on a skin paint radar. Its the Chinese receivers that are no longer commonly available on the web. Given the high density of traffic alongshore I feel sure that ais shore based receivers are still operating....for traffic managers along the strait and elsewhere. The shore based data isnt any longer available on the web though.

Regards

The main servers for that entire system are in Russia. They along with others hacking it have made the system as a whole pretty useless in regards to knowing where the military ships are.

When they want to cause an accident and ram one of our ships they will spoof where tankers are near our ships in the China Sea. The accidents only happen when our crews are exhausted and negligent but that is what happened when our ships were getting rammed years ago.

One only has to see the rust on our ships hulls to see the poor state of Navy. Over worked and not maintained.

Anyone notice the very fake Chinese DF-5B missiles in that parade? They must think people are stupid. Just look at the wheels on the trailer lol. That carry my 21ft boat but no intercontinental ballistic MIRV missile lol.

US lost in Korean (stalemate they call it) and then later in Vietnam, now they say war for Taiwan, will they never learn they won't defeat China...they don't play by the rules set up by the world powers, the US ties the hands of their troops so it's inevitable they will loose...again. However, Vietnam is now a friend of the US.