The DEFCON Warning System user base is overwhelmingly pro-Trump.

Just a casual observation some might find interesting. I started voting in the little sidebar polls on the main page just to see what the average person thinks here.

Most of the polls lately have been about the president. Do you approve of Trump? Does he deserve a second term? Should he be impeached? Was the House abusing its power by voting for impeachment? Has Trump broken any laws while in office?

The results are always 70-90% in favor of the president, with several thousand votes being taken into consideration.

I just find it interesting to know what kind of demographic uses sites like these. I was surprised the poll results aren't more like 50/50 across the board.

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
This might be due to the fact that this site deals with nuclear war, and Republicans have traditionally always been viewed as "hawks" when it comes to geopolitics, while Democrats are seen as the "no nukes!" crowd. Not saying it's true; just saying that's the perception and stereotype. Also, while a valid observation, you would need to study the numbers across multiple presidents to get a truly accurate reading.

Still, an interesting tidbit of information. Thank you for posting it.

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
antonindvorak said:
Just a casual observation some might find interesting. I started voting in the little sidebar polls on the main page just to see what the average person thinks here.

Most of the polls lately have been about the president. Do you approve of Trump? Does he deserve a second term? Should he be impeached? Was the House abusing its power by voting for impeachment? Has Trump broken any laws while in office?

The results are always 70-90% in favor of the president, with several thousand votes being taken into consideration.

I just find it interesting to know what kind of demographic uses sites like these. I was surprised the poll results aren't more like 50/50 across the board.

I believe we ran a poll a while ago asking people their political persuasion and it came down to about 50/50. I was surprised by that result. I expected it to be far more lopsided.

RiffRaff said:
This might be due to the fact that this site deals with nuclear war, and Republicans have traditionally always been viewed as "hawks" when it comes to geopolitics, while Democrats are seen as the "no nukes!" crowd. Not saying it's true; just saying that's the perception and stereotype. Also, while a valid observation, you would need to study the numbers across multiple presidents to get a truly accurate reading.

Still, an interesting tidbit of information. Thank you for posting it.

Glad someone else found it interesting as well. On a whole, I have met more Republicans who are more interested in the idea of war in general, so it makes sense. War history buffs tend towards conservatism in my experience, as an example.
DEFCONWarningSystem said:
I believe we ran a poll a while ago asking people their political persuasion and it came down to about 50/50. I was surprised by that result. I expected it to be far more lopsided.

That is an unexpected result. So would the combined data indicate that you have a roughly equal amount of users on both ends of the political spectrum, but the majority still support the president?

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
antonindvorak said:
That is an unexpected result. So would the combined data indicate that you have a roughly equal amount of users on both ends of the political spectrum, but the majority still support the president?

I don't know about that. I think that war and nuclear war especially can attract the interest of both sides. I think it helps that we are politically neutral.