• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

The general chat thread. What's going on in your life? Maybe tell a bit about yourself.

Travis The Dragon

Power Poster
Hey everyone! What's going on?

Here is something a bit interesting about me I guess. I'm actually a huge conspiracy theorist and believe that the Illuminati chooses who the president is and others who are in power as well, but I know that it's really now allowed to try and talk about that in other parts of the site, but I figured it would be OK here since, well, anything goes. Other than that, life here in Minnesota is pretty cold right now!

Illuminati chooses who the president is and others who are in power as well, but I know that it's really now allowed to try and talk about that in other parts of the site, but I figured it would be OK here since, well, anything goes

Anything goes, but we still have the forum rules, and that includes no conspiracy theories. We don't want the forum to go down that road. Remember that this is all publicly viewable and searchable.

But yeah, anything goes, as long as it conforms to our rules.

Ha ha this seems like the "tell people something crazy you believe" thread. I'll bite.

I believe this iteration of "civilization" is just the latest in a long string of human civilizations that go back farther than anyone can even begin to guess. We think we're the end of a long chain of people building one discovery on top of the other, but I truly believe that every time we get to a sophisticated level of technology, we get knocked down again by some kind of disaster and the human race has to start over.

Otherwise, you have to believe it took us 200,000 years to go from caves to space travel and I find that highly unlikely. (To know what I'm talking about please see the work of Graham Hancock, Dr. Robert M. Schoch, Randall Carlson, John Anthony West and The Comet Research Group)

What crazy thing do you believe?

It sometimes is really hard to understand.
Almost everyone distrust or at minimum has a low view of government bureaucratic efficiency. Depending upon which party is on top at the time individual disdain for gov waste is universal.
Yet there’s always these voices calling for their gov to get more involved. Too provide more services more safety nets.
And after a century of waste, mismanagement and deficit spending the siren song continues to wail.
That is what is really being fought over today.
More inefficient control and waste or freedom to live and possibly fail but at least to have dared.

Ha ha this seems like the "tell people something crazy you believe" thread. I'll bite.

I believe this iteration of "civilization" is just the latest in a long string of human civilizations that go back farther than anyone can even begin to guess. We think we're the end of a long chain of people building one discovery on top of the other, but I truly believe that every time we get to a sophisticated level of technology, we get knocked down again by some kind of disaster and the human race has to start over.

Otherwise, you have to believe it took us 200,000 years to go from caves to space travel and I find that highly unlikely. (To know what I'm talking about please see the work of Graham Hancock, Dr. Robert M. Schoch, Randall Carlson, John Anthony West and The Comet Research Group)

What crazy thing do you believe?
It doesn't necessarily have to be something crazy. It can be anything or just what's going on in your life lately. Either way, it's all good.

At the fall back shelter now with all the family hunkering down. Prepared for any number of things like biological, civil disorder/unrest to nuclear war/winter, and a few other things. So its pretty cozy here. I bought this house somewhere you will never know in bumfuck no where out of fallout range of target sites and nuclear power plants. Have a nice aquifer under the house and if some how radiation seeps in I have about 2 years worth of bottle water just in case here. Food stocks are 2 years plus. Again it is a normal house on the outside and upper floors, but basement has been expanded further out than the house it self. Shelter down stairs along with supplies. We can also seal the air in shelter and have a air vent system that can take out radiation, biological, chemicals in the air to keep a nice clean amount of oxygen for us for years.

Its pretty much life as normal expect we cut ourselves off from the world awhile ago. But this isn't the first time we have done this so we know our drills, checks, counts, make rations with ease, know our chores do our part. We have fun, we got game systems, internet, board games, and if for some reason power ever goes out we have enough different fuel for heating and fuel for powering the house for quite some time.

My preperations I have took me a lifetime of work to build, I wanted to make sure my family and my DNA survies if things go completely wrong. Can't really say much is going on though otherwise on my end, which is good hope everyone else is staying out of the way and staying safe!

Should note my peace-time house also has considerable reinforcement as well in the event we can't make it to our fall back shelter. Of course the fall back shelter isn't our only bet or hope.

I'm short on stored water. I do have a year-round creek that feeds our well, and I'm close enough to another water source, so fortunately I don't need to stock up on that.

Food-wise we can go on our own for more than a year. Haven't been to the store for a few days. Going to make another trip tomorrow to see how the shelves are doing.

I told my brother today that I feel like I’m living in a G rated zombie movie.
Health issues put us in a really high risk group and we have to consider that no matter how this goes she is in practical isolation till there is a vaccine. Unless it’s irradicated with containment measures which is highly unlikely we’ll have to isolate for a long time it appears.
The Zombies in this movie are anonymous not necessarily fatal and you won’t know you’ve been bit till it’s to late.
Anyway I just wanted to tell everyone here I appreciate the conversation and feedback from everyone. If I ever get testy in a response take it with a grain of salt. The frustration will never be with anyone here, just life.
Try not to take it personal it’s never meant that way.
It’s a big help with my sanity.

@obried
my daughter and myself are at very high risk. I am glad I made the choice before it was to bad to move to our fall back shelter. Funny tho the day we got set up school was cancelled which just further reassured my actions.

You all take care. It’s going to get even more interesting. Staying healthy if your prepared will be one of the easier things you will have to do I fear.
I asked my older brothers and sisters what they were going to do if the economy, specifically the underlying financial stability of our dollar and stock market collapse.
They just shrug we’re on fixed pensions. No concept that their union and gov pensions are not bullet proof.
The concept that the American financial system and economy could fold in on itself just like any other country is incomprehensible to them.
No work - no taxes - more spending - more debt - faith that the dollar is good for it and then poof it’s over.

Local stores are pretty well stocked of items and food except for the usual: Bathroom tissue and disinfectant. There are some paper towels. Not much, but at least something is there.

My major concern is that, even when the pandemic ends, economic chaos will upend everything. So I am working on not using any of my larder supplies. I still go to the store and get what I can and use that. Still stocking up where I can, under the assumption that things are going to get worse.

Forgot to note before that me and my family in the fall back shelter have sealed ourselves off from world physically at least. You @DWS mentioned not eating your supplies but we have since we got here but this shelter as mentioned is more than enough for us to survives for two years. Rather start eating supplies than me or my daughter dying from pre existing conditions and my age from going to the busy pact stores.

My main fear now is the economy. Can the bedrock of US economics break? If so what happens if the economy breaks? Or say the dollar breaks... Where already in a great global depression how worse can it get before it gives? Seems every day its a economic downturn. I have learned from friends that countless businesses have gone under and up for sale in what seems every town & city in what seems to be almost a blink of an eye.

Last edited:
I live at home with my parents and help them to take care of my brother who has severe autism and can't talk. For the most part, we don't go out very often except to get food and supplies so we're just basically living as we always have and hoping for the best. If it came to the very worst, hard to say what we would do. There is one way out, but I don't want to go down that path.