Translation of putins speech

william

Power Poster II
I wish every single person in the West would listen to Putin's speech. Obviously, that won't happen so let me summarise as a professional translator for 10+ years. He states, as he has done from the outset, what his intentions and complaints are in the plainest terms possible.
Konstantin Kisin

Setting aside his brief comments on the recent "referendums", he spends most of his speech discussing the West. His primary complaint isn't NATO expansion, which gets only a cursory mention. The West is greedy and seeks to enslave and colonise other nations, like Russia.

The West uses the power of finance and technology to enforce its will on other nations. To collect what he calls the "hegemon's tax". To this end the West destabilises countries, creates terrorist enclaves and most of all seeks to deprive other countries of sovereignty.

It is this "avarice" and desire to preserve its power that is the reason for the "hybrid war" the collective West is "waging on Russia". They want us to be a "colony". They do not want us to be free, they want Russians to be a mob of soulless slaves - direct quote.

The rules-based order the West goes on about is "nonsense". Who made these rules? Who agreed to them? Russia is an ancient country and civilization and we will not play by these "rigged" rules. The West has no moral authority to challenge the referendums because it has violated
the borders of other countries. Western elites are "totalitarian, despotic and apartheidistic" - direct quote. They are racist against Russia and other countries and nations. "Russophobia is racism". They discriminate by calling themselves the "civilised world".

They colonised, started the global slave trade, genocided native Americans, pillaged India and Africa, forced China to buy opium through war. We, on the other hand, are proud that we "led" the anti-colonial movement that helped countries develop to reduce poverty and inequality.

They are Russophobic (they hate us) because we didn't allow our country to be pillaged by creating a strong CENTRALISED (emphasis his) state based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism. They have been trying to destabilise our country since the 17th century in the Times...
of Trouble (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Troubles). Eventually, they managed to "get their hands on our riches" at the end of the 20th century. They called us friends and partners while pumping out trillions of dollars (his irony game is strong today).

We remember this. We didn't forget. The West claims to bring freedom and democracy to other countries but it's the exact opposite of the truth. The unipolar world is anti-democratic by its very nature. It is a lie. They used nuclear weapons, creating a precedent. They flattened German cities without "any military need to do so". There was no need for this except to scare us and the rest of the world. Korea, Vietnam. To this day they "occupy" Japan, South Korea and Germany and other countries while cynically calling them "allies".The West has surveillance over the leaders of these nations who "swallow these insults like the slaves they are".

He then talks about bioweapon research (haven't heard about them for a while) and human experiments "including in Ukraine".

william

Power Poster II
The US rules the world by the power of the fist. Any country which seeks to challenge Western hegemony becomes an enemy. Their neocolonialism is cloaked in lies like "containment" of Russia, China and Iran. The concept of truth has been destroyed with fakes and extreme...propaganda (irony game still strong).

You cannot feed your people with printed dollars and social media. You need food and energy. But Western elites have no desire to find a solution to the food and energy crises *they* (emphasis his) created.

They solved the problems at the start of 20c with WW1 and the US established dominance of the world via the dollar as a result of WW2. In the 80s they had another crisis they solved by "plundering our country". Now they want to solve their problems by "breaking Russia".

Russia "understands its responsibility to the international community" and will "do everything to cool the heads of these neocolonials who are destined to fail".

They're crazy. I want to speak to all Russian citizens, do we want to replace mum and dad with parent 1 and 2?

They invented genders and claim you can "transition". Do we want this for our children? We have a different vision.

They have abandoned religion and embraced Satanism - direct quote.

The world is going through a revolutionary transformation. A multipolar world offers nations freedom to develop as they wish and they make up the majority of the world.

We have many like-minded friends in Western countries. We see and appreciate their support. They are forming liberation, anti-colonial movements as we speak - direct quote. These will only grow.

We are fighting for a fair world for our country. The idea of exceptionalism is criminal and we must turn this shameful page. The breaking of the West's hegemony is INEVITABLE (emphasis his).

There is no going back. We are fighting for our "great (as in big), historic Russia". Our values are (irony game crescendo): love of our fellow man, compassion and mercy.

Truth is with us, Russia is with us.

That's the end of the speech. As I said from day 1, the purpose of what Putin is doing in Ukraine is to throw the West off its pedestal. This isn't about NATO or Ukraine, this is the big play to replace the current world order.

REALHumanRights

Power Poster
I wish every single person in the West would listen to Putin's speech. Obviously, that won't happen so let me summarise as a professional translator for 10+ years. He states, as he has done from the outset, what his intentions and complaints are in the plainest terms possible.
Konstantin Kisin

Setting aside his brief comments on the recent "referendums", he spends most of his speech discussing the West. His primary complaint isn't NATO expansion, which gets only a cursory mention. The West is greedy and seeks to enslave and colonise other nations, like Russia.

The West uses the power of finance and technology to enforce its will on other nations. To collect what he calls the "hegemon's tax". To this end the West destabilises countries, creates terrorist enclaves and most of all seeks to deprive other countries of sovereignty.

It is this "avarice" and desire to preserve its power that is the reason for the "hybrid war" the collective West is "waging on Russia". They want us to be a "colony". They do not want us to be free, they want Russians to be a mob of soulless slaves - direct quote.

The rules-based order the West goes on about is "nonsense". Who made these rules? Who agreed to them? Russia is an ancient country and civilization and we will not play by these "rigged" rules. The West has no moral authority to challenge the referendums because it has violated
the borders of other countries. Western elites are "totalitarian, despotic and apartheidistic" - direct quote. They are racist against Russia and other countries and nations. "Russophobia is racism". They discriminate by calling themselves the "civilised world".

They colonised, started the global slave trade, genocided native Americans, pillaged India and Africa, forced China to buy opium through war. We, on the other hand, are proud that we "led" the anti-colonial movement that helped countries develop to reduce poverty and inequality.

They are Russophobic (they hate us) because we didn't allow our country to be pillaged by creating a strong CENTRALISED (emphasis his) state based on Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism. They have been trying to destabilise our country since the 17th century in the Times...
of Trouble (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_of_Troubles). Eventually, they managed to "get their hands on our riches" at the end of the 20th century. They called us friends and partners while pumping out trillions of dollars (his irony game is strong today).

We remember this. We didn't forget. The West claims to bring freedom and democracy to other countries but it's the exact opposite of the truth. The unipolar world is anti-democratic by its very nature. It is a lie. They used nuclear weapons, creating a precedent. They flattened German cities without "any military need to do so". There was no need for this except to scare us and the rest of the world. Korea, Vietnam. To this day they "occupy" Japan, South Korea and Germany and other countries while cynically calling them "allies".The West has surveillance over the leaders of these nations who "swallow these insults like the slaves they are".

He then talks about bioweapon research (haven't heard about them for a while) and human experiments "including in Ukraine".
Thank you for sharing this. I understand many will dismiss this because it is the Russia Dictator Putin. But I heard a similiar speech on a number of key topics by the new Italian Prime Minister recently. Globalism requires a lot of work to be successful, and a lot of trust that has evaporated, especially in this century. Nation-states cannot make all of their change by demand. There must also be efforts for change within the nation-states that people of conscience seek to influence. While of course, we condemn the Russia Dictator Putin and his abuses, we also need to realize that many of our own Western nations have their own problems (which we ignore). We can condemn and reject the cruel Russia Dictator Putin and still realize these facts as well. That is not a binary decision.

REALHumanRights

Power Poster
The question to be asked is: Does he believe this personally, or is this for public consumption?

I think he believes it personally. And so this makes him incredibly dangerous.
Of course, he believes this personally. And even though he should be condemned as a cruel dictator, like any effective propaganda, there some elements of facts in what he says, and there are other in Europe and USA with similar sentiments. The speed of cultural change will never operate at the speed of globalist change. And USA has baggage of its own (whether we like it or not) that it must face, while it preaches to the rest of the world. Other nations don't see all of USA in the same way Americans see themselves.

Socom7

You cannot feed your people with printed dollars and social media. You need food and energy. But Western elites have no desire to find a solution to the food and energy crises *they* (emphasis his) created.
This struck me as the modern-day version of the "king cotton" fallacy (worth googling if you've never heard of it). Depriving your enemy of an important resource has been tried many times in warfare, with a success rate that's arguably close to 0%. It just doesn't win wars. What it does is it forces your enemy to innovate and get around the problem.

That said, it's perhaps useful that Putin seems to believe in it.

Saguenay

I listened to his speech with 3 different translations
French media, there are translation differences.
When he speaks of colonialist, he speaks of Anglophones
(United States, Great Britain).
He speaks of money as the main value of the West.

The 3 French media in their analysis agree that he expressed facts while exaggerating, of course!
Russia does not want to be told a course of action
by the United States (China also).

Saguenay

The question to be asked is: Does he believe this personally, or is this for public consumption?

I think he believes it personally. And so this makes him incredibly dangerous.
It was addressed partly to the United States and to its vassals, the rest of the West.
I advise you to listen to it, translate it into English and take
more than one version. You want to know if he's lying, not always, anyway
way, all politicians lie.

REALHumanRights

Power Poster
The former USSR has been clearly addressing the USA in recent weeks.
I had a list of these (which I learn was apparently moved to the Ukraine discussions forum). Four most recent that I have seen are:
  1. September 21, 2022: Russia President Putin threatening USA with nuclear response if "territorial integrity" threatened
  2. September 27, 2022: Dmitry Medvedev Deputy Chairman of the Security Council address
  3. September 30, 2022 as part of "annexation address"
  4. September 30, 2022 - Russia Foreign Ministry Tweet
They may all be "bluffs," or they may not be "bluffs."
I don't recall such a compressed period when former USSR was making such threats to USA, and it is notable.
As of course, this is primarily a USA/Western board on former USSR nuclear threats, I don't think there is sufficient discussion on why former USSR opposes unipolar superpower leadership, because naturally we would see this as a good thing. But from a global world peace issue, it is a complex issue.

Seriously

The former USSR has been clearly addressing the USA in recent weeks.
I had a list of these (which I learn was apparently moved to the Ukraine discussions forum). Four most recent that I have seen are:
  1. September 21, 2022: Russia President Putin threatening USA with nuclear response if "territorial integrity" threatened
  2. September 27, 2022: Dmitry Medvedev Deputy Chairman of the Security Council address
  3. September 30, 2022 as part of "annexation address"
  4. September 30, 2022 - Russia Foreign Ministry Tweet
They may all be "bluffs," or they may not be "bluffs."
I don't recall such a compressed period when former USSR was making such threats to USA, and it is notable.
As of course, this is primarily a USA/Western board on former USSR nuclear threats, I don't think there is sufficient discussion on why former USSR opposes unipolar superpower leadership, because naturally we would see this as a good thing. But from a global world peace issue, it is a complex issue.
I tracked with them as you posted most of them.
The problem with his warnings is his definition of terms. Ukraine is Slavic and he expects or tries to redefine the nature of spheres of influence.
After the fall of the USSR Russia lost much of its influence in eastern Europe.

It was subverted, rejected, evolved what ever cause one might assign to it.
But one by one most of the old Warsaw pac countries moved completely into the influence or alliances with the west.

I personally didn’t support the overthrow of the Putin’s man. But it happened and more importantly the people of Ukraine seized on it and began to build their national identity and goverence.

So since 14 when Russia began to whittle away at Ukraine territory I then and now see that as a destabilizing factor in world peace.
What Russia is trying to do with Ukraine is reestablich colonial rule over another nation.
In virtually no other possible scenario would this be acceptable today.
So irregardless of Putin’s claims of history. Ukraine seeks independence from unwarranted Russian intervention.
As far as unipolar world two things.
If you will remember it was not the US in the early winter who was leading the charge to speed up the equipping of Ukraine with weaponry.
It was the Baltics and Norway Canada and several other nations.
Those where not and still not the workings of a unipolar world. If a unipolar world was oh so extremis then Sweden and Finland two notoriously independent nations would not be seeking membership in NATO.
They like the Baltic and several other rather independent Eastern European nations recognize exactly what Putin is doing.
Those are the actions of a multinational groups of nations responding to aggression from one singular nation.

If the cost of fighting a unipolar world is invading a nation which has repeatedly rejected your influence. Then that cost is to high.
What I hear you say and I could be wrong is it is acceptable to sacrifice the desire for independence of a nation of 41 mil people to pacify an aggressor state.
You will possibly respond the risk of nuclear war is to great, it is great. But who has placed that burden once again on the world.
It was not Ukraine, there were no western missiles in Ukraine let alone Nuclear weapons and still no talk of it.

What happens if his nuclear threat gambit pays off?
Will he use the same argument over the Baltic state nato membership and will they too have to return to Russian influence alone.
Will the cost just be too high to honor those agreements and commitments as well?

Lastly as far as being compressed pronouncements. Of course they are there losing territorial gains. And the mobilization has not been recieved unanimously well by Russians.
That is cold sweat desperation.
So Ukraine and the west need to continue the messaging this is only and always has been about helping Ukraine defend its own values territory and that in no sense is an invasion or attack on Russia planned.

Yingyang

Power Poster
It was addressed partly to the United States and to its vassals, the rest of the West.
I advise you to listen to it, translate it into English and take
more than one version. You want to know if he's lying, not always, anyway
way, all politicians lie.
That is the difference Putin is not a politician in the same sense as the west. To assume this is huge mistake.