• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Tropical Storm Elsa Updates

I live in the expected impact zones or being side swiped on the west coast of FL. I don't expect anything major occurring but with Earth's climate being sporadic, weather patterns are becoming more harder to predict.

So best to start a thread as I know for a fact I am not the only one who lives in Florida's west coast here.

• Florida Prepares for Elsa: Tropical Storm Warnings Raised for Gulf Coast | Weather Channel |
    • Florida emergency management director says residents should prepare for extended power outages.
    • Florida's governor declared a state of emergency in 15 counties.
    • Officials in Florida county issued a voluntary evacuation order Monday as warnings were raised along the state's Gulf Coast for Tropical Storm Elsa.
    • Floridians are being advised to monitor the storm. Tropical storm warnings were issued from the Florida Keys along the Gulf Coast to the Suwannee River, including the Tampa Bay area.

The main concern isn't wind damage but flooding. It is storm season and I can tell you as a fact it has rained constantly the past 3 weeks. So it's flooding that is the biggest concern.

I live in a highland area on the west coast of Florida. If you live in a low lying area you should consider evacuation. Not because the storm is going to create wind damage but major major flooding for the Tampa Bay Area.

Again flooding is going to be partially bad for this tropical storm since storm season has been very very very wet for Florida this year. Not a single inch of West Coast Florida has seen a dry day in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
This is not looking good. If you live in the Tampa Bay area you should immediately prepare and buy supplies. Expect prolonged power outages, expect major flooding, and expect a bad storm surge mixed in with heavy rain. This will LIKELY turn into a hurricane by the time it reaches Tampa Bay Area. This will LIKLY turn into a hurricane by the time it reaches Tampa Bay Area.

Tropical storm warnings are in effect for the Tampa Bay area, storm surge warnings are in effect for the Tampa Bay area, a hurricane watch is in effect for the Tampa Bay area, and a tornado watch is in effect for the Tampa Bay area.

The Tampa Bay area is highly susceptible to flooding and storm surge. It is best if you live in this area to stay tuned to your local broadcast and prepare for extended power outages.

Last edited: