• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Turkey, where do we go from here?

AgentOrange

Recently Turkey has been presenting itself as a re- emerged geopolitical power. It is activly involved in a number of wars, buidling military bases across continents etc. Despite the Lira being demolished and cries for the fall of Turkey the facts show the Turks will be a revived strong power to deal with. Erdogan has got direct political influence into Western EU mainly in Germany and the Netherlands. Turkish nationals hold positions in national and local politics or institutions. Berlin is one of the biggest Turkish cities in the world thats why Merkel throws the Greeks under the bus just because she needs the Turkish vote next year. The Dutch will always shy away from anything Turkey as Turkish secret service Epsteined a number of very high ranking Dutch officials a number of years ago and can blackmail at will ( Demmink case ).
Looking at the current Armenian Azeri war I am very surprised by the success of the Turkish drones. The Turkish swagger combined with their domestically produced weaponary will make Turkey and Erdogan more powerfull.
So in the coming weeks we will see how all evolves and if Turkey can win both the currency war and the proxy wars it is involved in now. The re- emergence of Turkey also means NATO is at a cross roads and could be close to it's end.

NATO might be at a cross roads due to Turkey's recent behavior, but it won't be the end of the alliance. Frankly, I'm surprised Turkey has not been kicked out of NATO already. Their strategic importance for NATO military bases has waned significantly in the 21st century To be blunt, we don't need them any longer.

I know the key level was for the USD/TRY 7 to 7.10 above that the Turkish banking system would implode....it is still standing...The fact that they have such low national debt might give Erdogan some wiggle room.

https://tradingeconomics.com/turkey/indicators

Tensions keep rising with regards to Turkey while the Turkish Lira is getting smoked. Looks like the USA and Russia have a silent pact to squelch this fake world power? Remember that Spain goes bust when Turkey goes bust. Spanish banks have invested billions in the the Neo Ottoman empire. No way that Erdogan will give in, he is calling bluff on the Christian world.