• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Leaving Asia to Help With Afghanistan Troop Withdrawal

Drumboy44

Power Poster III
The Pentagon is expected to move the only aircraft carrier currently based in the Asia-Pacific region toward the Middle East to support the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, defense officials said.

The USS Ronald Reagan, whose home port is in Yokosuka, Japan, will head toward Afghanistan beginning this summer, the officials said, and will operate there for up to four months.

While it is away, the Navy will go without an aircraft carrier presence in the Asia-Pacific region for at least part of that time, the officials said. The U.S. Seventh Fleet, based in Japan, has dozens of other ships and aircraft, but the redeployment of its only available aircraft carrier represents a significant diversion away from Asia, which President Biden has called a priority for the military.

The Pentagon is expected to move the only aircraft carrier currently based in the Asia-Pacific region toward the Middle East to support the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan, defense officials said.

The USS Ronald Reagan, whose home port is in Yokosuka, Japan, will head toward Afghanistan beginning this summer, the officials said, and will operate there for up to four months.

While it is away, the Navy will go without an aircraft carrier presence in the Asia-Pacific region for at least part of that time, the officials said. The U.S. Seventh Fleet, based in Japan, has dozens of other ships and aircraft, but the redeployment of its only available aircraft carrier represents a significant diversion away from Asia, which President Biden has called a priority for the military.

Last I heard, the Roosevelt CSG was near the Phillippines. Did they get deployed elsewhere and I missed it?

Here's an article not behind a paywall:

Please explain this to one me. Why in the hell do we only have one carrier to fill this role? Did Biden and Obama sequester them AGAIN? I know this is not a Navy call. It has Biden giving China a gift written all over it. Oh we cant get an aircraft carrier in time to stop China from taking Taiwan. They better be on their toes!

Not to happen till July
Last I heard, the Roosevelt CSG was near the Phillippines. Did they get deployed elsewhere and I missed it?
they returned to San Diego from trials in N Pacific. They could easily be redeployed to w pac before Reagan departs. A carrier group can cover a lot of ground in short period of time.
So I won’t get too excited yet.
Now if I had my rather’s right now I’d keep two in w PAC right now but no one asked me.
There are three close in land bases in w PAC Japan Guam and Taiwan.
Thats a lot of aircraft potential and range in a pinch.

We should stay in Afganistan... Not so much for fighting the terrorist but keeping somewhat of a lid in the Middle East on US projection. Now the US only has one true asset to fall back on is Israel in the Middle East. No the US does not trust the Saudis enough to use them in a fashion as we use Israel.

Best part with Afghanistan is we where in. When I mean in, I mean we basically where on every level of the Afghan government.

You watch once we pull out of Afghanistan, Russia or Iran is going to fill that power projection vacuum. Yes its more than costly to assert ourselves in Afganistan BUT there is no price to be put on the control of the Middle East.

It goes far beyond fighting terrorists in the Middle East. The US uses the media campaign to fight terrorist in the Middle East as a reason to be there. But so much more than that.

But what are we, or where we doing?
Think about it, can we police the world?
How can we continue to police the world.

Wea two ocean continental power with two basically amiable and stable countries on our boarders.
Enforce our boarders, patrol the oceans improve our missile defense and delivery.
Simply tell those who think to attack that we will respond with overwhelming force and not hang around to rebuild.
OR

If we’re going to be an empire and have our forces all over the world.
then we will have to behave as an empire and seize them and their resources as an empire would to be able to afford it.
Foreign policy is not a altruistic endeavor nor is it a missionary vision to spread “democracy”

Think about it, can we police the world?
No as powerful as the US is we cannot police the word and I can tell you as a fact that has never been the goal or intrest in US foreign affairs.

It simply comes down to control not policing. We live in a globalized society and everything has to work just so in the ENTIRE world for the American economy to keep growing or not taking jabs.

So its in all American interests to keep control or as we say power projection around the world to keep order OUR order to keep the global economy stable.

A unstable world means a unstable global economy, a weak or disruptive global economy = great unfathomable consequences for the US economy.

So again a mitigated Middle East or better yet a mitigated world wielded by the US only means prosperity and abundance not only for the US but the world itself too!

So again a mitigated Middle East or better yet a mitigated world wielded by the US only means prosperity and abundance not only for the US but the world itself too!
I have always said when America does well economically, the rest of the wold benefits its a fact look up how well the world benefits financially when America does AND THAN look how bad the world hurts financially when America is in a pinch.

Only way for that the global economy to stay true is if America keeps its global projection ESPECIALLY in the Middle East

And do not get me wrong I support the work and sacrifice everyone made over seas. None of it was wasted or for naught.
I supported the invasion’s unequivocally.
I didn’t support staying for a generation or more.

The ONLY reason why there is any kind of global economy is because for a very long time the US has used its Navy to safe guard global shipping routes. Just this simple power projection globally by the US Navy has brought prosperity and abundance to the world like never before!

I have always said when America does well economically, the rest of the wold benefits its a fact look up how well the world benefits financially when America does AND THAN look how bad the world hurts financially when America is in a pinch.

Only way for that the global economy to stay true is if America keeps its global projection ESPECIALLY in the Middle East
We have a projection in the Mid-East and I don’t oppose having bases in various countries.
But Being continually involved in police actions is not it.
And personally I don’t care about the global economy. What’s the number one cash crop out of Afghanistan? Off the books of course.
All we’ve heard for 30 years is the global economy and spreading democracy.
We have a 20+ trillion dollar debt.
Almost all those good paying, work at for life manufacturing jobs are spread out across the globe today.
Another term comes to mind hearing global economy.
Bannana Wars, that was a great legacy, Smedley Butler was right.

All we’ve heard for 30 years is the global economy and spreading democracy.
We have a 20+ trillion dollar debt.
Yes because those actions have proven more than 110% works. Its never going to be perfect but it works.

As for the debt that is a whole other issue. You should look up how much countries owe us. Debt is nothing more than a illusion really for the US as the US dollar is used in all world trade and most of the world base their value of currency off the US dollar. America can rack up 50 trillion and wouldn't make a difference as the US dollar is almost immortal in a economical view. There is almost no possible value estimate or at least ones that are realistic for the US economy and its dollar for how far it can "stretch"...

The ONLY reason why there is any kind of global economy is because for a very long time the US has used its Navy to safe guard global shipping routes. Just this simple power projection globally by the US Navy has brought prosperity and abundance to the world like never before!
I agree and encourage our navy to build up their fleet to close to 380, and do something to get more than five of our 20 aircraft carriers to see at anyone time.
Probably 10 more ballistic subs added to the fleet.
mom not saying shrink our military or withdraw to conus.
just stop getting us I’m never ending police actions.
At some point in the first five years those actions need to come to an end and if we need to withdraw.

or as I said we decide to become an empire and exploit the hell out of them and rule them with a boot and leave.
that’s what empires do after all.
maybe we should take chinas example and breed the Tibetians and Uighurs out of existence.
WW2 victory was an anomaly not the norm.
very rarely in war are their white hats riding into save the day.
There are no white hats just differing people groups who come into conflict over territory or resources.
The rest is just window dressing.

and their was a global economy before the US. People were making things and shipping them all over the world.
Don’t confuse global economy with international corporations.

Yes because those actions have proven more than 110% works. Its never going to be perfect but it works.

As for the debt that is a whole other issue. You should look up how much countries owe us. Debt is nothing more than a illusion really for the US as the US dollar is used in all world trade and most of the world base their value of currency off the US dollar. America can rack up 50 trillion and wouldn't make a difference as the US dollar is almost immortal in a economical view. There is almost no possible value estimate or at least ones that are realistic for the US economy and its dollar for how far it can "stretch"...
As inflation continues to climb through the roof or taxes get raised more let me know how illusionary they are then.
You worked for the gov and that’s fine I do sincerely appreciate your service.
But I hear this from my brother. he worked as a cop for thirty years. Oh I’m public sector my pensions guaranteed.
They are, what happens if the state or federal gov defaults? What pension?
The US dollar is almost immortal, based on what possible metric of history can you base that on. In its current formed not tied to gold it’s only 57 years old.
The dollars we print are bought almost exclusively by the Federal Reserve right now, Thats better known as “private” central banks. International Banks own most of the US debt. We would be at 100 trill in five years if or when interest rates went up again.
thus the rates will not go up anytime in the near future. So we’ll go for QE6 and inflation will continue to climb and rinse and repeat because we just continue to dilute the value of our productive economy With exponential growing pile of cash chasing the same goods and services.

The US dollar is almost immortal, based on what possible metric of history can you base that on. In its current formed not tied to gold it’s only 57 years old.
Thats what makes America Great really. Our predecessors from many pervious generations made sure no matter what the US dollar is in a way the global currency.

No matter the debt accumulated the US dollar will hold its value simply put due to it being a "global currency".

Entire regional markets and countries almost entirely base their own currency and market around the US dollar.

Americans previous predecessors or rather our past few generations guaranteed the US dollar to be immortal... Only way the US dollar or economy completely falls will be the day the world itself falls.

Last edited:
Inflation will continue to climb
It has since the literall creation of currency itself,.. always inflates and no matter what always will. But again luckily the US dollar cannot fail as it is used not just in America but the whole world too. Its as they say to big to fail.

In order for the US dollar to fail the world economy would have to end or the world economy renounces US dollar for trade which neither will never happen.

The dollars we print are bought almost exclusively by the Federal Reserve right now, Thats better known as “private” central banks. International Banks own most of the US debt. We would be at 100 trill in five years if or when interest rates went up again
Even at the dollars weakest it is always trusted because its STABLE. No matter what the United States is a extremely stable country and its markets touch every part of the globe making it always and likely forever the "global standard" regardless where the money is held figuratively speaking of course.

Last edited:
We should stay in Afganistan... Not so much for fighting the terrorist but keeping somewhat of a lid in the Middle East on US projection. Now the US only has one true asset to fall back on is Israel in the Middle East. No the US does not trust the Saudis enough to use them in a fashion as we use Israel.

Best part with Afghanistan is we where in. When I mean in, I mean we basically where on every level of the Afghan government.

You watch once we pull out of Afghanistan, Russia or Iran is going to fill that power projection vacuum. Yes its more than costly to assert ourselves in Afganistan BUT there is no price to be put on the control of the Middle East.

It goes far beyond fighting terrorists in the Middle East. The US uses the media campaign to fight terrorist in the Middle East as a reason to be there. But so much more than that.

That is insane. That is exactly like saying we should stay in Vietnam in 1974. Nobody will be going into Afghanistan but the Pakistani ISS who has been playing both sides since we invaded. We should have bombed the crap out of the Pakistanis missile and nuke sites right after we caught them helping the Taliban. The Afghanistan problem could have been solved real quick if we taught Pakistan a harsh lesson but we did not and now Pakistan s thugs will roll right back in. Russia learned their lesson and they are hated in Afghanistan probably worse than we are as they did not care who they killed.

Iran wont dare try to go into Afghanistan. They would be squaring off with Pakistan and that would end badly for Iran. They know from history that the place just is not worth it.

Israel needs to be and stay our #1 ally. The government of Saudi Arabia is a huge asset to have in the region yet their new leader has pissed off a lot of nations and people. He cant win a war with Iran alone so we need to get control of that country again. Having Centcom in Qatar is just dumb beyond belief. They are a huge state sponsor of terrorism. From supporting Hamas to Al-Nursra they are just pure dirt-bags. Moving the operations to someplace deep in Saudi Arabia makes more sense, far away from any prying eyes ringed with missile defense systems. Qatar is also way to close for a wide verity of missiles let alone drones from Iran.

We are putting a lot of special forces and 650 troops from the 75th Ranger regiment in Afghanistan with Specter gunships to get some payback should the Taliban try to pull a Veitnam style raid on our forces while trying to leave. I think we still have a few B-1s in Doha to put warheads on foreheads quickly should they need them. They even sent 2 more B-52s to Doha should they need some steel rain or GBU-43/Bs scare them back in their caves. Then the loads of fighter cover from the Reagan. I still think leaving the china sea without a carrier nearby is really dumb. China may see this as their only opportunity to attack Taiwan for a long time.