UA-RU | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incognito

I believe we don't need to fear Russia any longer. Russia is incompetent. I just wonder how FUBAR their nuclear weapons are.

Now, can we have high hopes that China has the same blunders as Russia. I doubt it but I didn't think Russia was so bungling until Feb. 2022.

C

Clangeddin

I believe we don't need to fear Russia any longer. Russia is incompetent. I just wonder how FUBAR their nuclear weapons are.

Now, can we have high hopes that China has the same blunders as Russia. I doubt it but I didn't think Russia was so bungling until Feb. 2022.
Fubar or not, nuclear weapons can still kill millions. It's not something you want to find out.
As for China, it's unlikely they will make the same mistakes of Russia, they'll make other mistakes (everyone does), but I'm pretty sure they're monitoring this conflict very closely to avoid similar blunders.

Incognito

Fubar or not, nuclear weapons can still kill millions. It's not something you want to find out.
As for China, it's unlikely they will make the same mistakes of Russia, they'll make other mistakes (everyone does), but I'm pretty sure they're monitoring this conflict very closely to avoid similar blunders.
Oh, I whole heartedly agree that just one will kill millions. I was just poking fun of how many of their nuclear arsenal will malfunction, not hit their target, or even not get off the ground, or even get the order to launch. But your are right, nuclear war is serious even if it is screwed up.

Incognito

Let's discorver that. You go first! Than you tell to us.
I've said it before, I live near a major railroad yard. I tend to drive to it when the nuke alarms go off and stand their waiting for the missile to get there. I want to go with the blast rather than stay living in the aftermath.

Oh, I whole heartedly agree that just one will kill millions. I was just poking fun of how many of their nuclear arsenal will malfunction, not hit their target, or even not get off the ground, or even get the order to launch. But your are right, nuclear war is serious even if it is screwed up.
Say what you will, but a lot of Russia's warheads are from Soviet times or based on Soviet designs. Same with the missiles.
The Soviets invested lots and lots of money into their nuclear weapons programme. The Russians do the same (although to a lesser degree). I'd be willing to bet that a large majority of Russia's nuclear weapons would work. They've been extensively tested.

rudemarine

Power Poster II

With the ammount of missiles they have, that's just never going to keep them from destroying the US if they launch one barrage and frankly I will say their nuclear missiles have generally been better than ours to date. They have a lot more and bigger ones, with ten warheads each plus decoys. Our Minuteman misiles are a joke compared to their land based missiles with only one smaller warhead. The only thing that has kept us from getting nuked is our Subs. They are the insurance policy that Russia is laid to waste should they strike at the US.

bartok

For what it concerns Russian incompetence, in Italy there is a saying that in English sounds like that: "who works makes mistakes". The corollary is tacit: who doesn't work, he makes no mistakes. This is the first conventional war in the world since Korean war, as to say virtually since WWII: even the most experienced senior general in the world doesn't know for experience what a conventional war actually is. I wonder how much better US (and NATO in general) would be better than Russia in a conventional war. I guess that if we want to speak about military capabilities, for what is concerns a lot of NATO Countries, we would have some unpleasant discoveries.
For example: let's think about a mobilization, that is the step 0 in order to make a conventional war. How many NATO Countries could even just start a mobilization, if they don't have the conscription anymore, they don't have the required barracks, and so on...? And this would be ONLY the step 0.

Last edited:

lcurle

For what it concerns Russian incompetence, in Italy there is a saying that in English sounds like that: "who works makes mistakes". The corollary is tacit: who doesn't work, he makes no mistakes. This is the first conventional war in the world since Korean war, as to say virtually since WWII: even the most experienced senior general in the world doesn't know for experience what a conventional war actually is. I wonder how much better US (and NATO in general) would be better than Russia in a conventional war. I guess that if we want to speak about military capabilities, for what is concerns a lot of NATO Countries, we would have some unpleasant discoveries.
For example: let's think about a mobilization, that is the step 0 in order to make a conventional war. How many NATO Countries could even just start a mobilization, if they don't have the conscription anymore, they don't have the required barracks, and so on...? And this would be ONLY the step 0
US Military can deploy a battalion-sized element, anywhere on the globe in less than 24 hours. With forces in Poland, we could be up Putin's ass in less than 2 hours. On the other hand, Russia couldn't deploy to Ukraine without the guise of "training".

---

Please Continue Here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.