• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Ukraine April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiev authorities has prepared & released a map of possible cover in the city, in case of invasion of the Russian Federation.
View attachment 1117
Wait a minute, they're preparing for military action in Kiev that would require their citizens to seek shelter???

Wait a minute, they're preparing for military action in Kiev that would require their citizens to seek shelter???
Not really, it seems to be just a local city government initiative to make this map. Also adds fuel into fearmongering media policy.

Not really, it seems to be just a local city government initiative to make this map. Also adds fuel into fearmongering media policy.
I agree it could just be that, or might not.
Fear is as important now as action
(for both sides)

It's not the same thing AT ALL, but that gives one the unfortunate chill of the "evacuation gambit" from the good old days. It is also interesting to see the way most American sources seem to be reporting on the Kerch Strait issue. A quote from an AP article:

"In Thursday’s statement, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry protested restrictions that Russia has imposed on shipping in the Black Sea starting next week and lasting until October because of its naval drills in the area."

Crimea has just reduced residents' access to fresh water by 50%, from 10 hours per day to 5.
This is a very important information. I would like to be sure, considered that I am not English, neither American: as "fresh water", do you mean "drinking water", or "water in general"? It is important. People, thinking about "water", always think about the water to cook or to drink, that is "drinking water". But farming, even if is not so developed, it is always the major use of water. So, if the use of water is reduced to 50% 5 hours per day and we are speaking about "water in general", the situation is bad, but if this rationing is refered to drinking water, it means that people is not far to be thirsty and that farming is completely gone. It is a form of siege. And we are in a season where the water for the fields is vital. If the things are like that, It is a very huge problem that cannot remain unsolved. Russia, in this case, have to intervene.

This is a very important information. I would like to be sure, considered that I am not English, neither American: as "fresh water", do you mean "drinking water", or "water in general"? It is important. People, thinking about "water", always think about the water to cook or to drink, that is "drinking water". But farming, even if is not so developed, it is always the major use of water. So, if the use of water is reduced to 50% 5 hours per day and we are speaking about "water in general", the situation is bad, but if this rationing is refered to drinking water, it means that people is not far to be thirsty and that farming is completely gone. It is a form of siege. And we are in a season where the water for the fields is vital. If the things are like that, It is a very huge problem that cannot remain unsolved. Russia, in this case, have to intervene.
Half of the time people are served with fresh water, in dire situation water is switched to technical. Farmers are obviously supplied with "technical" water which is also limited.

On another note I would like to clarify from Russian sources that sea blockade is imposed on military and para-military ships, not commercial liners.

On another note I would like to clarify from Russian sources that sea blockade is imposed on military and para-military ships, not commercial liners.
Yeah, so it's not a full-on blockade. Though it disrupts Ukraine moving things around, which is something for them to be upset about. And it prevents NATO from sending in forces, which they aren't planning to do at the moment.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this question. Water for agriculture did not occur to me; I interpreted it as fresh water for human consumption and hygiene. But I could be wrong.

I work at sewer plant. Buy state guidelines the effluent from the plant is must be considered drinkable.
No one has tried it though😂

I suppose the guidelines between countries might vary.
In the US most drinkable water comes from same sources as irrigation.
Wells, reservoir, or rivers depending on river and extraction location. It is up to local municipalities to “treat” the water before supplying for potable water uses.
So the question of drinking or farm use could be confusing where it’s done different.

Very short speech. Mostly stuff we already know here. Mentions his desire to deescalate, his team discussing plans to meet with Putin over the summer at the summit, and reaffirms US support of Ukraine sovereignty.

Status
Not open for further replies.