• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Unexpected Flashpoint....Heavy battles broke out between Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan forces ...developing

AgentOrange

Did not see that one coming, its chatter on the Telegram channels ....trying to get more details

I did not realize the borders in that area are so tight. Seems like a boundary drawn to create conflict.

The video material that is coming by clearly shows this happened sudden and all is chaotic. As I said I had no clue anything was brewing in that area,...maybe some other users have input on this one? I expect the Russians to squelch this ASAP.

Two "stan" countries going at it both directly to the south of a "stan" country that has a military cooperation with Russia. Ol' Vlad looking to push south, too? He really wants to resurrect the old glory days of "Free shoes available at The People's Shoe Store! All brown in color, size 12, left foot only."

Just for clarification, because it got me slightly confused first: Is it correct that the thread title is incorrect and should have been "...between Kyrgystan" or is it me not getting the point?

Just for clarification, because it got me slightly confused first: Is it correct that the thread title is incorrect and should have been "...between Kyrgystan" or is it me not getting the point?
That is correct.

It started as a stone fight...

Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan agree to pull back troops after clash - ABC News (go.com)

MOSCOW -- Neighboring Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan have agreed to withdraw troops from their borders after an outburst of intense fighting that killed about 40 people and wounded 175.

The heads of national security for the two former Soviet republics in Central Asia agreed to the pullback during a meeting on Saturday.

The fighting broke out Wednesday when Tajik officials attempted to mount surveillance cameras to monitor a water supply facility near the village of Kok-Tash in Kyrgyzstan.

Both nations have claimed the area around the water supply facility, a dispute dating back decades to when they were both part of the Soviet Union.

Residents of Kyrgyzstan opposed the surveillance attempt; Kyrgyz and Tajiks began hurling stones at each other, and troops quickly entered the fray.

Kyrgyz officials say 33 people were killed on their side and about 7,000 area residents were evacuated. Tajik officials have not announced casualties on their side, but media reports say about eight people were killed.

Must be something about the Central Asia ROE.
didn’t that dust up with India and chinas on the boarder start up as a fist fight with clubs?
A central Asian fight club? 😏