• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

US, Australia & UK to announce landmark new defence pact helping Australia develop nuclear sub capabilities

Drumboy44

Power Poster III

Gooooooodmornnnnnning Beijing!

Australia, the United States & Britain will unveil a landmark new security pact to share advanced technologies, including nuclear submarine technology, in a major international announcement on Thursday morning.

As part of the pact, to be known as AUKUS, the US would help Australia develop a nuclear submarine capability, which could result in Australia dumping its $90 billion submarine deal with France, sources confirmed.The working group will enable the three countries to share information in areas including long-range strike capabilities, artificial intelligence and underwater systems in a thinly veiled bid to counter China citing a White House official and a congressional staffer.

The announcement will be made at 7am AEST, when the White House said US President Joe Biden would deliver “brief remarks about a national security initiative”.

Last edited:
Australia & Britsh PM speaking with Biden live about creating & deepening alliance in Asia with the West to counter China, & explaining how US will help build nuclear subs for Australia:

⚠️
Australia PM makes clear country has no want or desire for nuclear weapons or nuclear weapon capabilities.
⚠️

Last edited:
I dunno, I have a feeling that they may will be fitted out for, and trained to fire nuclear, but no one's saying.
There has always been quite a bit interchange of military and space reconnaissance exchange with Australia and US.
I have never heard of any ballistic tech going that way. But it would be pretty easy to pull off through the years.

Yes arm Australia with nukes, It is far from the British and American mainland.
If they go to war with China, they will be toast, but better them than us. :sneaky:

Well that would be up to Australia’s citizens, it’s their call.
I still maintain Chinas economy has them by the short hairs.
why do you think they are so hell bent on a surveillance state. It’s not because Beijing is all warm and fuzzy and has their best interest at heart. Their scared of revolution.

The French seem to be pissed
Yea they are. It's overtaking the news of US, UK, Australia pact. France is getting ridiculous amount of attention from the overall West media attention about how sour they are about this.

Australia had 'deep and grave' concerns about French submarines' capabilities, PM says:

"We had deep and grave concerns that the capability being delivered by the Attack-class submarine was not going to meet our strategic interests and we had made very clear that we would be making a decision based on our strategic national interest," he said.

France’s Macron to talk to Biden amid crisis over submarines:

French government needs to get over itself. This is no crisis & if it is considered one than people really need to redefine the word crisis. No one really cares how France feels about this because it effects no one on a grand scale & China is the real problem.

Also if France can't get behind a alliance countering China than France needs to step down as a international player for the West.

Kinda low on how they are stealing media attention from what really matters like countering China with a unified front from the West.

Note I have nothing against the people of France. Just their laughable instuitions that has failed them for centuries.

Last edited:
I haven’t really followed this.
Did the US and UK really screw the French in some deceitful way.
or is France just butt hurt