US State Department Releases Fact Sheet on Wuhan Institute of Virology Referencing Bioweapons

RiffRaff

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
I'm posting this under Military because even though this information is related to the pandemic and quite likely politically motivated in nature, it nevertheless could become a catalyst for a military conflict with China.

The US State Department released a Fact Sheet yesterday detailing information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology and its link to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. While stopping just shy of directly calling the virus a bioweapon, it nevertheless very clearly establishes a link between the lab and secret bioweapon research for the Chinese military.

The timing of this release is suspicious, at best, and reeks of an attempt to further destabilize relations with China as much as possible before the Biden administration takes office in four days. That being said, all of the information contained in the release matches information I had available through OSINT sources back in February and March. I first got wind of a potentially problematic and as-of-then unnamed virus originating in China on January 17, 2020, almost a year ago to the day. I have been studying and researching the virus ever since then. Political games aside, there is a valid case to be made for the claims made in this release.

I think we need to A: consider the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 could actually be a Chinese bioweapon that accidentally escaped containment sometime in late 2019, and B: discuss the potential ramifications of this release from the State Department, especially coming so soon after they publicly announced they were no longer recognizing the "One China Policy," both of which are going to have serious repercussions on US/China relations.

Thoughts?

DEFCON Warning System

Director
Staff member
consider the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 could actually be a Chinese bioweapon that accidentally escaped containment sometime in late 2019
I am willing to go with the premise Willrod put forth several months ago: That this was just something China was researching and it got out accidentally.

The fact that the facility was military does lend credence, however, that its research could have military implications.

The document makes several accusations, but this is standard for China. They don't want to admit they screwed up. So used to censoring their own people, they want to censor others now. So I see nothing particularly nefarious about this coverup. This is just SOP for them.

Is it possible that it could have been a bioweapon? Mmmm......idk. It wouldn't be an effective one. Takes too long and is too wild.

discuss the potential ramifications of this release from the State Department,
This ought to irritate them. But China will continue to lie about it and deflect responsibility.

Overall, I don't think this accusation will change anything.

RiffRaff

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Is it possible that it could have been a bioweapon? Mmmm......idk. It wouldn't be an effective one. Takes too long and is too wild.
Let me clarify: a bioweapon that was accidentally released while it was still in development stages; not a finished product. Had it been complete, China would have already had the vaccine for it.

rudemarine

I'm posting this under Military because even though this information is related to the pandemic and quite likely politically motivated in nature, it nevertheless could become a catalyst for a military conflict with China.

The US State Department released a Fact Sheet yesterday detailing information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology and its link to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. While stopping just shy of directly calling the virus a bioweapon, it nevertheless very clearly establishes a link between the lab and secret bioweapon research for the Chinese military.

The timing of this release is suspicious, at best, and reeks of an attempt to further destabilize relations with China as much as possible before the Biden administration takes office in four days. That being said, all of the information contained in the release matches information I had available through OSINT sources back in February and March. I first got wind of a potentially problematic and as-of-then unnamed virus originating in China on January 17, 2020, almost a year ago to the day. I have been studying and researching the virus ever since then. Political games aside, there is a valid case to be made for the claims made in this release.

I think we need to A: consider the possibility that SARS-CoV-2 could actually be a Chinese bioweapon that accidentally escaped containment sometime in late 2019, and B: discuss the potential ramifications of this release from the State Department, especially coming so soon after they publicly announced they were no longer recognizing the "One China Policy," both of which are going to have serious repercussions on US/China relations.

Thoughts?
Accidentally escaped my arse lol.

rudemarine

Let me clarify: a bioweapon that was accidentally released while it was still in development stages; not a finished product. Had it been complete, China would have already had the vaccine for it.
It was intentional because they told the world they did not see a cure for it coming in years, then they bought every last company they had not already owned in China for pennies on the dollar. Immediatly after buying everything they announced they no longer had a virus problem. Three days after owning all those companies they made over a billion dollars, they were the ONLY nation on earth that showed positive earnings.

Then enter in their crying about another province being affected after Trump, Austriala, half of NATO and a few others started sharpening their swords for war.

It was all to crush our economy and help theirs while doing what they could to get Biden elected.

rudemarine

Rule number 1 of biological warfare is you do not release the pathogen until you have the antidote for your own people. They didn't.
How do you know they didnt? China released it during their new years celebration, what are the odds of that being an accident? China has always seen their massive population as a burden and the first woman that the W.H.O sent to Wuhan from Hong Kong said its a Bio weapon, she has been running for her life ever since and the Chinese have arrested her mother.

willrod1989

To further lend credence to this theory- in 1971, there was an accidental release of a prototype of weaponized smallpox from the Soviet Union's bioweapons research facility in the Aral Sea region. These things can and so happen. Had this been a deliberate biological attack, it's more likely that the attack would have been perpetrated on foreign soil, giving China more time to prepare to protect the populace.

I find it very interesting that the State Department mentions gain of function research and chimeric viruses. While I always figured that it was more likely to have been a natural virus which escaped containment, it's definitely not impossible that this was part of a gain of function project.

RiffRaff

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
How do you know they didnt? China released it during their new years celebration, what are the odds of that being an accident? China has always seen their massive population as a burden and the first woman that the W.H.O sent to Wuhan from Hong Kong said its a Bio weapon, she has been running for her life ever since and the Chinese have arrested her mother.
We have way too much open-source intelligence that puts their Covid fatalities in the tens of millions, not the 5,000-ish they officially claim. Plus they continue to lock down cities full of millions of people if they detect so much as a dozen new cases. China is extremely scared of this virus. If they had a vaccine prior to release, they would not have the high body count nor would they be freaking out every time a new outbreak rears up. Everything we have access to points to an accidental release.

RiffRaff

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
To further lend credence to this theory- in 1971, there was an accidental release of a prototype of weaponized smallpox from the Soviet Union's bioweapons research facility in the Aral Sea region. These things can and so happen. Had this been a deliberate biological attack, it's more likely that the attack would have been perpetrated on foreign soil, giving China more time to prepare to protect the populace.

I find it very interesting that the State Department mentions gain of function research and chimeric viruses. While I always figured that it was more likely to have been a natural virus which escaped containment, it's definitely not impossible that this was part of a gain of function project.
As I understand it, SARS-CoV-2 is both chimeric and biphasic, but I don't have the background you do, so if you tell me that's incorrect I will take your word for it.

willrod1989

As I understand it, SARS-CoV-2 is both chimeric and biphasic, but I don't have the background you do, so if you tell me that's incorrect I will take your word for it.
Well, I'm an epidemiologist, but I have some colleagues who are virologists. It is definitely biphasic, and, from what I understand, almost certainly chimeric.