USS Portland Fires Laser Weapon, Downs Drone in First At-Sea Test

Obreid

Power Poster
Do you ever feel like the books; Brave New world, war of the worlds, 1984, buck Rodgers, terminator; are all beginning to sound like prophetic books.

Shmooglavoue

Do you ever feel like the books; Brave New world, war of the worlds, 1984, buck Rodgers, terminator; are all beginning to sound like prophetic books.

Sci-Fi/Cyperpunk has that effect. Deus Ex was released in 2000 and predicted that the twin towers would be destroyed in a terrorist attack. And that game is a fun little ball of conspiracies.

Obreid

Power Poster
Sci-Fi/Cyperpunk has that effect. Deus Ex was released in 2000 and predicted that the twin towers would be destroyed in a terrorist attack. And that game is a fun little ball of conspiracies.
Some call it predictive programming.
I don’t put much stock in the theory but the coincidences do seem to stand out sometimes.
I

KimPossible

Power Poster
Do we know how long it took for the laser to take down the drone. It seems like they played the video in slow motion right?

If that was in real time I feel like it could be much faster in taking down the plane. Granted even if it is slowed only took 5 secondish.

I only say this because computers/machines are fast and if the laser can take one down in a split of a second... then one laser gun would only be needed for one ship as it could take on 30 drones in 30 seconds.