• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

V22 Osprey

Soldiereye

Active member
Joined
Sep 4, 2020
I just saw two brand new looking V22 Osprey fly super low over a downtown city in New York. I’ve never seen anything like that over a heavily populated city. There are no air shows or air fields near here. VERY impressive, but also a bit concerning. Thought I would share.
 
I just saw two brand new looking V22 Osprey fly super low over a downtown city in New York. I’ve never seen anything like that over a heavily populated city. There are no air shows or air fields near here. VERY impressive, but also a bit concerning. Thought I would share.
They can fly low level helicopters routes at (sometimes usally urban) reduced speeds. Last time I was up there (long time) it was 90kts and 120kts (lower/higher which is relative like 200’ 300’ 500’. 200’ working short hops (pad to pad) 300’ inbound/500’ outbound)

Probably TMI and its probably old snd changed yet those altitudes AGL were in place many years ago in the 1950’s and again codified in 1970’s. It was unchanged in 2010 😎🛩️🚁
 
Back
Top Bottom