• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Volcano eruption on La Palma could cause a Mega-Tsunami

Status
Not open for further replies.
The volcano emits large clouds of pressurized smoke.
Is an explosion imminent?

The volcano is active again and erupts stronger than before, the lava is very hot and flowing rapidly one a much wider surface downhills, easily endangering many more houses.
At this speed I think the lava could reach the ocean in ten hours.

For once I can't downplay your natural disaster content. This is a very real possibility. Hope it doesn't happen this time! If it happens I know where to go in FL and quick got about a 7-8 hour warning window.
All day I have been saying, I have heard of that volcano and that's not good at all for some reason yet didn't have time to look . Now I know, dam. I just hope they are johnny on the spot with the emergency warning system.
Well if Florida ever had a chance to be tipped on its side ๐Ÿ˜†. Everyone on the east coast trying to get to the west all at once.
I know myself and millions of others would be sitting in our anchored boats. Anchors in the tops of trees.

Last edited:
UNCONFIRMED:

The mountain has sunk more than 9 inches. Granted the measuring is being done by mediocre geologist or geo-enthusiast.

But no confirmed sources from USGA or any other reputable scientists.

I think that the only way to confirm that would be Satellite data. If true, that's not cool at all. Millions of people would be killed if it sent a wave at the states

If true, that's not cool at all.
  • The cone is collapsing, some of it already has.
  • Fissures are collapsing.
  • Minor landslides are occuring.
  • Cracks are forming all over the island.
Those four things alone can tell you the mountain is sinking and crumbling from the inside without any measurements.

This is something to be taken very seriously and very worried that the news isn't getting out enough to the eastern seaboard of the Americas.

If you have freinds or family on the east coast of both the Americas please, please, please warn them and get the word out.

Last edited:
DarkNoon said:
UNCONFIRMED:

The mountain has sunk more than 9 inches. Granted the measuring is being done by mediocre geologist or geo-enthusiast.

But no confirmed sources from USGA or any other reputable scientists.
I think that the only way to confirm that would be Satellite data. If true, that's not cool at all. Millions of people would be killed if it sent a wave at the states
9 inches is not that much, I've seen it bloat under the internal pressure, and it's constantly changing all the time, there could be like 6 feet of height difference or more every day after an eruption just because of all the ash, rocks and lava that add to it.
Some thousand tons a day who would care about a couple inches. It does what ever it does, what could be dangerous is if the whole volcano collapses at once or when the lava put's pressure on the breaking points that could trigger the land slide.
And as long as the volcano erupts the pressure that could cause a strong Earthquake on La Palma is also relieved.

That would have to be a Deep Impact size tidal wave to cause that kind of casualty-level.

Not saying it wouldn't be a disaster, but "millions" is an exaggeration.
Talk to the many Discovery Channel film producers then who have had scientist theorize just that if the western wall sheers off. Not unlike like St. Helens yet this will be caused by trapped water in between the sedimate layers.

Not saying it wouldn't be a disaster, but "millions" is an exaggeration.
Millions of people died of Corona, you can't down play that.
But you can always say it would be less until it has happened, yet you didn't add the deaths on the days after the Tsunami.
The radiation โ˜ข๏ธreleased by the destroyed nuclear plants is more than enough to kill millions.

Not until one reaches just north of Hati will we know one is coming for sure.
We would likly get our first warnings in America when the mega tsunami hits Africa and EU.

Europe will mostly luck out only being clipped relatively speaking compared to what the Americas Coasts will face.

Seems highly unlikely any infrastructure will be left working on the island chains after the mountain splits. So no way to report half the mountain breaking away immediately after the fact.

Last edited:
Seems highly unlikely any infrastructure will be left working after the island splits. So no way to report half the mountain breaking away immediately after the fact.
But only if satellites don't see the collapse,but they even have satellite high res images of the WTC from 9/11 2001.
So in reality there is no way not to see it coming because alot of spy satellites will focus on it 24/7.
But what if they just don't want to tell you? :D
I heard nothing in the news about this topic so far.

but "millions" is an exaggeration.
Yes even worst case scenarios plenty of cities with large and tall skyscrapers, highrises across the Eastern US. Mountains are not incredibly to far away from the east coast either if where not factoring in traffic.

Also the good old human spirit to survive is incredible. Many will die, but not millions. MOST of the deaths will occur after the fact from lack of food, water, power, meds which is why you should prepare for any disaster.

I am more concerned of the property and economic damage. You must consider that NYC alone becoming a inhabitable island would destroy our economy. But where talking about multiple economic hubs (not just NYC) essential to our economy virtually destroyed in a day.

It would be the biggest economic catastrophe any country has ever faced or seen in human history.

Last edited:
It would be the biggest economic catastrophe any country has ever faced or seen in human history.
That's not true, Central Europe was only ruins after WW2 it's hard to outmatch this kind of human made "catastrophe."

Status
Not open for further replies.