• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

What Social Media Should We Use?

It's just facebook's retarded algorithm hiding what you probably interact less with.
Either set your feed to chronological order or go on Defcon's page and select "see first" or something along those lines.

Or just stop using facebook at all, but that's just me.

It's just facebook's retarded algorithm hiding what you probably interact less with.
Either set your feed to chronological order or go on Defcon's page and select "see first" or something along those lines.

Or just stop using facebook at all, but that's just me.
He is correct. FaceBook doesn't show you everything, only what their AI determines what it *thinks* you want to see. I see some DEFCON posts on FaceBook, but not all of them. They're all there.... just not all of them make it to my news feed. Twitter is much more reliable for that than FB is.

The potential is there for us to develop the alert app we already have to serve as more of a social media platform, where followers could comment and interact. But it would be complicated and expensive. I don't think we're there yet.

He is correct. FaceBook doesn't show you everything, only what their AI determines what it *thinks* you want to see. I see some DEFCON posts on FaceBook, but not all of them. They're all there.... just not all of them make it to my news feed. Twitter is much more reliable for that than FB is.

The potential is there for us to develop the alert app we already have to serve as more of a social media platform, where followers could comment and interact. But it would be complicated and expensive. I don't think we're there yet.
Email alerts?
It would seem less prone to algorithm problems. As well as provide staff with some control in what goes out.

Email alerts?
It would seem less prone to algorithm problems. As well as provide staff with some control in what goes out.
This is doable, but it would be complex from an administrative standpoint. We would have to make sure it is exclusively an opt-in service for people that want it, and every alert that goes out via that method would have to have an opt-out or unsubscribe option to meet federal regulations. We would also have to make sure any replies get sent to /dev/null so our server doesn't get inundated with thousands of replies, or worse, reply-alls.

We already have something like this. It's our mailing list.

To add another one would require the messages be sent out manually.

We could do that. Extra work though. No way to automate it. (i.e automatically echoing a Twitter post.)

There are lots of platforms with varying functions, like Rumble, Bitchute, Gab, Sociall, Ruqqus, Raddle, Invidious, Mastodon, Diaspora, etc. Some sites use many of them, but that means more work and still not enough views because users are spread out across them.

For now, Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook still remain prominent because they have the largest user bases.