Why isn't DEFCON currently 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xenon3450

Guest
With the situation between the united states and iran it seems as though war is imminent. Iran is going to retaliate, and if they gain access to WMDs we would have another cold war on our hands. So why is DEFCON still at 5, implying all is safe?
 

Erecon

Member
xenon3450 said:
With the situation between the united states and iran it seems as though war is imminent. Iran is going to retaliate, and if they gain access to WMDs we would have another cold war on our hands. So why is DEFCON still at 5, implying all is safe?

( This is not intended to scare you )
1) Dont rely on the internet to warn you.
2) If communications disappear after hostilities has broken out, grab your stuff, and move to a secure site ( 20 miles at least from military or urban targets )
There is always the chance Irans Allies/Support have been drawn into the conflict, and they have nuclear capabilities ( Russia, China )
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
xenon3450

We already have a new cold war situation globally. With Iran specifically the dynamic is just a plain old war. Not cold. Hopefully that won't last.
 

rudemarine

Power Poster
If we attack today then it will be moved in real world just as a notice to Iran, Russia and China that we are ready if they move anything out of the ordinary. Only prudent to do so.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Erecon said:
xenon3450 said:
With the situation between the united states and iran it seems as though war is imminent. Iran is going to retaliate, and if they gain access to WMDs we would have another cold war on our hands. So why is DEFCON still at 5, implying all is safe?

( This is not intended to scare you )
1) Dont rely on the internet to warn you.
2) If communications disappear after hostilities has broken out, grab your stuff, and move to a secure site ( 20 miles at least from military or urban targets )
There is always the chance Irans Allies/Support have been drawn into the conflict, and they have nuclear capabilities ( Russia, China )

Iran already said they want to de-escalate
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
DEFCON 3 since last night. Whenever AWACS are flying laterally in the USA and discussions of B-52 bomardments are coming from Pentagon press briefings you can be assured the Airforce is in 15 minute alert status i.e. DEFCON 3.
 

RiffRaff

Deputy Director
Staff member
derpderpderp said:
DEFCON 3 since last night. Whenever AWACS are flying laterally in the USA and discussions of B-52 bomardments are coming from Pentagon press briefings you can be assured the Airforce is in 15 minute alert status i.e. DEFCON 3.

Um, yeah.... no. Leave the analysis to us, please.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top