• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Zaporizhzhia ☢.P.P | REPORTS

The NPP Still Has Power💡✅
Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant in Ukraine was disconnected to its last external power line but was still able to run electricity through a reserve line amid sustained shelling in the area.

So all is as good as it can be. The generators where not even needed. The plant did NOT go totally offline like earlier headlines suggested.👏👍

@DEFCON Warning System @RiffRaff @krzepice1976

DWS ANYLISIS:

I'm not that worried about Zaporizhzhia, although some of the media have been making it out to be worse than it actually is.
My advice to you: Don't worry unless you're a worker at the plant and have to inspect the interiors of the containment buildings.
Also I still doubt a meltdown will happen, although I should be able to give you a slightly more definitive "a meltdown won't happen" answer when the IAEA report is released this week.

I know some of you might be concerned that the plant is under its own power and disconnected from the grid. Now this obviously isn't great, but it isn't terrible. Even under normal circumstances, some reactors are designed to power themselves (e.g. Zaporizhzhia). You've got a perfectly good multi-billion dollar source of power, why not use it? In the event of emergency, they can easily activate the backup generators (in the event of a reactor scram the turbines continue to generate electricity for 1 - 2 minutes, plenty of time to push some buttons).

I've seen no evidence to suggest that the backup generators are broken, from what I've seen this rumour is just speculation. Also, those diesel generators are hefty machines, very well designed to high standards.
Also, in the event of a total meltdown (unlikely) it's extremely unlikely that large amounts of radioactive material will leak from the containment building. This can't and won't turn into a Chernobyl 2.0 . Zaporizhzhia uses something called a "Core catcher", and it does what it says on the tin. It catches molten reactor and stops it from leaking out into the environment. That is, unless, Russia fires a few ground penetrating bunker busters through the containment building and purposely tries to contaminate the environment, but honestly it would be easier and less risky to just use a tactical nuke, I highly doubt the Russkies would do this.

So, to summarise the summary: Don't worry about Zaporizhzhia. If you have any concerns feel free to DM me.

Last edited: