• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Taiwan-China | 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
China-Taiwan: China after ending its military exercises whilst surround Taiwan announces they are over and releases a profound 'white paper' related to a commitment to a peaceful reunification.

---

📢
I think its fair to say the crisis has dailed back a lot. No need for this topic to be split from reports and discussions. Obviously war in Taiwan isn't happening anytime soon.

China criticizes US chip law as threat to trade:

😂🤣🤣
Awww are they afraid their going to lose the only leverage they have on us? 🤣🤣 The world is getting wise and finding other sources then China for everything. Not sure what China expected with its behaviour past decade.

Now they will reap their actions for the foreseeable future just like Russia.

---

📢
I think its fair to say the crisis has dailed back a lot. No need for this topic to be split from reports and discussions. Obviously war in Taiwan isn't happening anytime soon.
"The China State Council proposed a system in which Taiwan would reunite with mainland China under the government of the Chinese Communist Party, but would be allowed to keep its capitalist system. The document said that the solution would also call for China to swear off using force to take the island."

Where have I heard this before! Oh, that's right, HONG KONG. Don't think that idea worked out to well for them! :cool:

"The China State Council proposed a system in which Taiwan would reunite with mainland China under the government of the Chinese Communist Party, but would be allowed to keep its capitalist system. The document said that the solution would also call for China to swear off using force to take the island."

Where have I heard this before! Oh, that's right, HONG KONG. Don't think that idea worked out to well for them! :cool:
or (obliquely) the Ukraine by giving up its nuclear weapons. Obviously doing that and trusting both Russia not to attack and the US to protect them was a big effing mistake.

I know we're not supposed to disparage any one, but, Ed Markey makes Kamala Harris seem like a Rhodes Scholar. The fact that he is leading the delegation is way more scary than Pelosi. (To me not XI)

Responding to the latest US congressional delegation’s visit to #Taiwan, #China’s defense ministry said the US revealed its real identity as a meddler and violator of peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait and that the visit sends a wrong signal to “Taiwan independence" separatists. The ministry reiterated that the PLA Eastern Theater Command’s multi-service joint combat readiness patrols and drills conducted around #Taiwan today is a resolute response and deterrence to the provocation initiated by the US and Taiwan.
Screenshot_20220815-054539_Twitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.