• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

5G & EMF Conspiracy Debunk

Friendly Engineer

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
I was browsing twitter the other day and saw this.
What a load of rubbish! 5G is not harmful, this man is peddling utter lies. He claims to have research proving this, yet where are his papers?

The scientific community is aware of all the misinformation flowing around online so has done its best to combat it.
The following is an excerpt from a very good meta-analysis of numerous studies into the health effects of 5G, published in Nature. Their conclusion is that there is essentially no evidence of any adverse health effects, including cancer.
5G mobile networks and health—a state-of-the-science review of the research into low-level RF fields above 6 GHz - Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology << It's open access so you can all read it for free and at your leisure.
MMW = Millimeter wave (i.e. 5G)
The review of experimental studies provided no confirmed evidence that low-level MMWs are associated with biological effects relevant to human health. Many of the studies reporting effects came from the same research groups and the results have not been independently reproduced. The majority of the studies employed low quality methods of exposure assessment and control so the possibility of experimental artefact cannot be excluded. Further, many of the effects reported may have been related to heating from high RF energy deposition so the assertion of a ‘low-level’ effect is questionable in many of the studies... The results from epidemiological studies presented little evidence of an association between low-level MMWs and any adverse health effects.

Any non-ionising radiation (i.e. long wave UV, visible, infrared, microwave, radio) cannot cause you cancer, the waves just aren't energetic enough to ionise particles.
Phones will not give you cancer. 5G will not give you cancer.

Anyone selling you a solution to block "EMF radiation" for your health is lying to you to sell you products. There are legitimate reasons why you might want to block radiowaves, e.g. if you're doing sensitive technical work. If that is the case, you use a farday cage or a sheet of thin metal with an insulator.

Any non-ionising radiation (i.e. long wave UV, visible, infrared, microwave, radio) cannot cause you cancer, the waves just aren't energetic enough to ionise particles.
Phones will not give you cancer. 5G will not give you cancer.

Anyone selling you a solution to block "EMF radiation" for your health is lying to you to sell you products. There are legitimate reasons why you might want to block radiowaves, e.g. if you're doing sensitive technical work. If that is the case, you use a farday cage or a sheet of thin metal with an insulator.
There are some towns were wireless equipment is banned, but this is due to radioastronomy, not any health effects.
They don't want to miss any important signals.

There are some towns were wireless equipment is banned, but this is due to radioastronomy, not any health effects.
They don't want to miss any important signals.
When I visited the reflector dish antenna in Arecibo, Puerto Rico in 2019 (before its destruction), visitors were instructed to turn off their cell phones. Apparently, there was a chance they could impact any ongoing experiments or studies they were running.

When I visited the reflector dish antenna in Arecibo, Puerto Rico in 2019 (before its destruction), visitors were instructed to turn off their cell phones. Apparently, there was a chance they could impact any ongoing experiments or studies they were running.
Shame it's not working anymore. Arecibo was just amazing, I would've loved to have seen it in action.

Would be rather awkward if they missed an alien signal because someone was trying to order a pizza :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, if any of you see something scientifically dubious online, or aren't sure about the veracity of a scientific claim made by anyone, feel free to ask me in a conversation and I'll do my best to give you some answers.