• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Chernobyl Nuclear Plant | March - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I wouldn't believe anything until the clock runs out for those fuel pools in a matter of days. If nothing happens then Putin didn't royally fork up and will be nothing to worry about.
Ive been watching a livestream that has a series of surveillance cameras that are live in ukraine. The generators have ran out of diesel. The Chernobyl plant only had 48 hours worth of diesel n the russians dont have diesel cuz they didn't have any additional fuel. I get my news from klw world news. 100 news no bs literally

Ive been watching a livestream that has a series of surveillance cameras that are live in ukraine. The generators have ran out of diesel. The Chernobyl plant only had 48 hours worth of diesel n the russians dont have diesel cuz they didn't have any additional fuel. I get my news from klw world news. 100 news no bs literally
I'm sorry. But knowing the site is 100% under Russian control no one should believe any news coming out about Chernobyl as the only facts being spit out are Russian statements which have been proven worthless time and again. The media keep quoting their source's on Chernobyl over Russian statments. Not good.

I'm not saying nothing is wrong or nothing won't happen. Because somthing bad may very well indeed happen.

I'm just simply saying we will know for 100% either if it was contained or not in a few days regardless what reports say.

I'm sorry. But knowing the site is 100% under Russian control no one should believe any news coming out about Chernobyl as the only facts being spit out are Russian statements which have been proven worthless time and again. The media keep quoting their source's on Chernobyl over Russian statments. Not good.

I'm not saying nothing is wrong or nothing won't happen. Because somthing bad may very well indeed happen.

I'm just simply saying we will know for 100% either if it was contained or not in a few days regardless what reports say.
I dont get my news from mainstream. I get it from klw world news. They have series of cameras which they evem had the cams from Chernobyl on before they went offline. The individual who runs the news network is a professional for his work. Back when the ruskies were attacking the powerplant, he had it on live before the mainstream news came out about it. Look up Klw world news. He livestreams almost 24/7 n its 100 news, no bs.

Chornobyl nuclear power plant damaged by Russians a day after repairs​

Ukraineโ€™s state nuclear energy company said Monday in a Telegram post that a line to the Chornobyl nuclear power plant was damaged again by Russian forces occupying the site.

A day prior, Ukraineโ€™s atomic energy ministry said power had been restored to Chornobyl after days of repairs to the system.

Chornobyl, the site of a 1986 disaster, was seized by Russian forces on Feb. 24.

As quoted from CNBC report

Last edited:
The reason I'm not worried is because we have (albeit tired, understaffed and under resourced) experienced engineers on the ground.
It's not as if it's just random people watching rods of metal in water tanks going 'oooo pretty'.
Even if the worst happened, and all the pumps failed and electricity goes out I'm sure the engineers would come up with a good solution. (Please remember in the event of complete coolant system failure it would take a few weeks for the water to evapourate).

Hypothetical worst case scenario (VERY VERY UNLIKELY)
Ok, let's say ALL the engineers got their degree from youtube tutorials and an online correspondence course, on par with Homer Simpson, and that they have ZERO resources (They actually have a lot of gear on hand, but let's forget about that for a moment). Lets then say that Vlad the tank operator decides to shoot all the pumps with his T-72 because he's bored. In this very unlikely scenario, you would see clouds of radioactive steam evapourate. Please note, this steam would not be very radioactive, and unlikely to kill someone not at the power plant. You would also be bombarded with nuclear radiation if you stood near the now empty pool (remember water basically acts as a big sponge when it comes to nuclear radiation, so if you remove the water someone standing near the pool will be exposed to a lot of radiation).

TL;DR:
Even in the worst case scenario it would only affect people working at the plant, and if shit hit the fan the personnel there would have many weeks of notice to skedaddle.

Edit: This only applies to Chernobyl, please don't take this out of context and apply it to other Ukrainian nuclear power plants, if an active reactor got blown up by a bunker buster, it would be a million times worse than described above.

Last edited:
There's no doubt that radiation readings would increase. Wood will absorbe radiation like a sponge, then releases when it burns.

Forest fires near Chernobyl nuclear plant held by Russia raise fears of radiation, Ukraine says:

I wouldn't worry. This has happened before https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...byl-extinguished-rain-falls/story?id=70138987 (Proof of it happening before, this story is NOT about current events).

Even in a massive forest fire, the radioactivity of the smoke will not be at dangerous levels. The majority of a really radioactive stuff has been buried, and yes, the trees and flora will have radionuclides in them so the smoke will be slightly radioactive, but it's nothing to worry about. Remember, we have good data on this as its happened before, we know that we're not going to see people start dropping of acute radiation syndrome.

Also, I think we're all concerned about the wrong thing, we should be watching the active plants like a hawk, not Chernobyl.
If all hell broke loose, an active plant could do a lot more damage than Chernobyl. Chernobyl is fairly well managed (and no longer has an active reactor!) and is now under control of the Russians, the likelihood of a massive accident happening there is low.
However, all it takes for Ukraine's active plants to blow up is a trigger happy field commander who thinks it's a great idea to shell a power plant as it's a strategic target.

1647963548626.png
I know I said not to worry about a wildfire in the exclusion zone, but if the Russians did this on purpose (As claimed by the Ukrainian government, although this hasn't been independently verified. Source: https://www-rada-gov-ua.translate.g...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp ) then the Russians could move radioactive material from the pools onto bonfires and then we would have a problem.

Honestly, we don't have enough evidence at this time to suggest whether the Russians purposely caused these fires or not, or as to what they might do next. There's a lot of things they could do to make it worse but it's speculation. Anyhow, I think monitoring how the Russians respond to the fire will tell us whether it was an accident or not. If it was an accident, see my above messages as all is well, if it wasn't an accident, then there's a lot the Russians could do (e.g. Radioactive bonfires as I said above).

โš ๏ธ

Ukraine accuses Russia of destroying Chernobyl lab:

Central Analytical Laboratory, built in 2015, contained โ€œhighly active samples and samples of radionuclides that are now in the hands of the enemy, which we hope will harm itself and not the civilised worldโ€. Radionuclides are unstable atoms of chemical elements that release radiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.