• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

COVID-19 | 2022

I heard on the way home from work from my brother that our mom said the CDC banned the use of cloth masks in New York State. Can someone please verify whether or not this is true?

Nothing about banning it but effectiveness wise nothing new there
Also probably not correct because CDC wouldn’t be making state determinations
So it's just old news being recycled. Cuz my brother said something similar about 1-2 years ago in the same place: The drive-thru of our local McDonald's. I got the strangest feeling of deja vu...to my mom's credit, she is 65 years old and she still gets her news from the TV. So yeah, I'm not wrong in taking that with a boulder of salt.

So it's just old news being recycled. Cuz my brother said something similar about 1-2 years ago in the same place: The drive-thru of our local McDonald's. I got the strangest feeling of deja vu...to my mom's credit, she is 65 years old and she still gets her news from the TV. So yeah, I'm not wrong in taking that with a boulder of salt.
My understanding the only masks that work appropriately are n-95 and properly worn “cotton surgical” mask.
Almost all the surgical mask you see out there today are synthetic. Put a flame to one and find out.

I will only put a mask on to enter a medical facility. Anyplace else that actually requires one I ignore or refuse to patronize.
Mask are a big deal in my town but it’s just such a joke. Highest case count since beginning of outbreak and people wearing mask everywhere.
Stores, cars, sidewalks.

Improper mask or improperly wearing mask can be as bad or worse than no mask.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8446422/

Their bacteria factories worn for any length of time or worse yet reused.

I just took a look at the numbers, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
USA had 1,361 Coronavirus deaths today, I expect the number to rise even more.
And
400,000 new cases a day at this point today and 704 000 just yesterday which is the highest number of infections of all time in the world for now.

As I expected, the daily numbers of deaths has went up because of the high pace of Omicron.
The worst is yet to come. ☹️

I just took a look at the numbers, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
USA had 1,361 Coronavirus deaths today, I expect the number to rise even more.
And
400,000 new cases a day at this point today and 704 000 just yesterday which is the highest number of infections of all time in the world for now.

As I expected, the daily numbers of deaths has went up because of the high pace of Omicron.
The worst is yet to come. ☹️
Statistically the number is insignificant. your still only talking about 0.069% of the world population have died starting from day 1 of this "pandemic". Honestly, the world could use a good culling in my opinion.

The number of deaths went up to 2143 in the US for today, source above.
statistically the number is insignificant. your still only talking about 0.069% of the world population have died starting from day 1 of this "pandemic". Honestly, the world could use a good culling in my opinion.
With the Corona virus it will never happen, but the chances are good the Bird Flu is going to be that kind of virus.
H5N1 or H5N3 or H5N8 or H5N1 or H5N6. There are too many of them and when they adapt to humans it's over for us all, there is no working vaccine against them, they culled trillions of birds since millions of years.

Statistically the number is insignificant. your still only talking about 0.069% of the world population have died starting from day 1 of this "pandemic". Honestly, the world could use a good culling in my opinion.
I'm gonna have to agree here. Not even 1% of the world's population has died as of yet. It's a drop in the bucket imo, as morbid as that may sound.

I'm gonna have to agree here. Not even 1% of the world's population has died as of yet. It's a drop in the bucket imo, as morbid as that may sound.
Not even a 1/10th of a percent at least by "official" figures. Thats why the whole thing is scam to take yours and my rights away. Sure drastic measures could be legitimately called for and used in a dire scenario, say, something as infectious but with a 10% mortality but not for this. The worst thing about measures is that they are "temporary" and "necessary" at first but 10 years down the road they still exist and by that point its just is how it is. Personally that is where we are headed and where they want to take us. Why? Possibly to have control of the population in the coming decades when water, food, and energy crises become part of our everyday lives. Maybe its genuinely for the better maybe its more nefarious but it is not something I want to FAFO.

Once the virus kills all the vulnerable unvaccinated which its doing in great numbers everyday,... it will all be fine because hospitals won't be over stressed anymore after that. That's the main problem besides job losses, the stress on hospitals. Won't be to long until Covid kills most the rest of the vulnerable unvaccinated or extreme immune comprised like cancer patients.

Think I've read enough about Covid for the rest of my life. So proud *sarcasm* humanity decided to just let the weak die because they couldn't be bothered with a shot. :(

Doesn't matter anymore it's almost over now because of Omicron and Vaccines, heard immunity may finally be achieved. Won't go away but at least eveyone it could kill it does and everyone else gets immunity effectively making it like the flu outbreak. Didn't have to be that way though.

Last edited:
Once the virus kills all the vulnerable unvaccinated which its doing in great numbers everyday,... it will all be fine because hospitals won't be over stressed anymore after that. That's the main problem besides job losses, the stress on hospitals. Won't be to long until Covid kills most the rest of the vulnerable unvaccinated or extreme immune comprised like cancer patients.

Think I've read enough about Covid for the rest of my life. So proud *sarcasm* humanity decided to just let the weak die because they couldn't be bothered with a shot. :(

Doesn't matter anymore it's almost over now because of Omicron and Vaccines, heard immunity may finally be achieved. Won't go away but at least eveyone it could kill it does and everyone else gets immunity effectively making it like the flu outbreak. Didn't have to be that way though.
As morbid as that sounds, it's the cold, hard truth. I agree 100%.

Herd immunity is impossible with covid in my opinion. Who is going to double jab and boost all the animals that carry and spread covid? I have survived the last 2 years while working in a commercial power plant and I have not died yet from covid, so I will take my chances. Also, the data available to the general public regarding covid deaths and infections, vaccine deaths and injuries cannot be trusted fully (also my opinion), so why do we even listen to this bs?

The death of one is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic.
5,5 million are dead, let that sink in.

The WHO says that Omicron isn't mild, it puts alot of people into the hospitals and has overwhelmed them.
And we all know that this isn't the end of the Corona virus, there is no study about the Omicron long covid symptoms, there is no information about the new virus in France.
And we have no idea if and when this turns worse or not.

Herd immunity is impossible with covid in my opinion. Who is going to double jab and boost all the animals that carry and spread covid? I have survived the last 2 years while working in a commercial power plant and I have not died yet from covid, so I will take my chances. Also, the data available to the general public regarding covid deaths and infections, vaccine deaths and injuries cannot be trusted fully (also my opinion), so why do we even listen to this bs?
Agree there is no herd immunity possible. But don't help the virus to spread!
Farm animals would have been vaccinated, but...
At this time, there is no evidence that animals play a significant role in spreading SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, to people. More studies are needed to understand if and how different animals could be affected by SARS-CoV-2.
Some coronaviruses that infect animals can be spread to people and then spread between people, but this is rare. This is what happened with SARS-CoV-2, which likely originated in bats.

There is no and never was any guarantee, if some people die of the jab then this was probably their fate. But to prevent harm from society by this virus we have to get vaccinated,
not just for our personal health but for the greater good, the young and old and people without a perfect immune system deserve a future.
And the time for dicussion about this topic is long over.
It the near future it will not be your decision anymore, you will get vaccinated if you want to or not.

You don't get it at all. Read better. I said """vulnerable""" unvaccinated or sever immune compromise. Also I said that it would never go away.

You can definitely keep your opinion.

Last edited:
A new virus variant was discovered !! -- DELTACRON

Leondios Kostrikis, professor of biological sciences at the University of Cyprus, called the strain “deltacron,” because of its omicron-like genetic signatures within the delta genomes, Bloomberg said.

So far, Kostrikis and his team have found 25 cases of the virus, according to the report.

It’s still too early to tell whether there are more cases of the strain or what impacts it could have.

“We will see in the future if this strain is more pathological or more contagious or if it will prevail” against the two dominant strains, delta and omicron, Kostrikis said in an interview with Sigma TV Friday.

The researchers sent their findings this week to GISAID, an international database that tracks viruses, according to Bloomberg.

The deltacron variant comes as omicron continues its rapid spread across the globe, causing a surge in Covid-19 cases.
The U.S. is reporting a seven-day average of more than 600,000 new Covid-19 cases daily, according to a CNBC analysis Friday of data from Johns Hopkins University.
That’s a 72% increase from the previous week and a pandemic record.

Opinion:
In the worste case this could mean the virus will be more resistant against vaccines, spreading extremly fast and more lethal.