• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Kosovo / Serbia conflict is heating up again

DucknCover

Serbia doesn’t recognize its former province of Kosovo as a separate nation and considers their mutual border only as a temporary boundary.
Russia will support Serbia in any potential conflict, be it limited military operation or long lasting "war" of diplomacy.

Pristina is a tough town to live in. It's tempting to forget about the situation there but it remains tense and hostile.

Serbia doesn’t recognize its former province of Kosovo as a separate nation and considers their mutual border only as a temporary boundary.
Russia will support Serbia in any potential conflict, be it limited military operation or long lasting "war" of diplomacy.
You got me curious and I was doing a little back ground on the situation there and noticed on several maps online the boarder is still seems to be marked as contested. Do you know what % the orthodox population is in Kosovo?

translated from serbian to english

SERBIA SENDS ULTIMATUM TO NATO

"Serbia did not raise the army and the police, Serbia only raised the readiness," said the President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić.
He also rejected Escobar's proposal four days ago, he did not like it.
There is no doubt that if the Brussels agreement is not fully implemented, then it is not valid.
"People must understand that for Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija, Serbia is their state," he said.

We'll wait 24 hours for NATO to respond.
Only if the pogrom of our population continues after that,
Serbia will react and will not allow what happened in '95 and 2004 at all. "

second source

Serbian president Aleksandar Vucic has given NATO 24 hours to intervene in case Kosovo Serbs are threatened, before Serbia ‘reacts’ against its neighboring country.
“We have 14 MiG-29s,” Vucic told the Western officials. “They thought I was joking,” he added.

On Sunday, Serbia’s Mister of Defense and the Russian ambassador visited Serbian troops stationed near the Kosovo border, while the government put the army on heightened alert and deployed armored vehicles along the border.

“I am sure that the people in NATO understood me very well,” Vucic concluded.

Tensions further intensified after two vehicle registration offices in the Kosovan border cities of Zubin Potok and Zvecan were attacked.
Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti has said the attacks represent Serbia trying to “provoke a serious international conflict.”
Serbia and Kosovo deployed troops and special police respectively along the border while EU and NATO officials have expressed concern and a need for de-escalation.
Kosovo unilaterally declared independence from Serbia in 2008, and Serbia considers the former province’s borders administrative, Daily Sabah and Al Jazeera report.

FAUD9VZVkAMaggT

Once again we are on the wrong side. Why on earth we are protecting Kosovo? It's nothing but a smugglers paradise for Drugs, weapons and women, a lot of that is child sex trafficking!!!

Once again we are on the wrong side. Why on earth we are protecting Kosovo? It's nothing....
Serbia is a puppet state of Russia in Europe, nothing else but a constant threat since WWI.
And Kosovo is buffer state between NATO members and Serbia.
It's the same proxy hybrid war as in Ukraine, I'd rather have that than a direct war with Russia.
But if there is no other way to stop the war in Kosovo then NATO is forced to bring this war home to Russia.
Which would also end Serbia once and for all.
Nothing of this would happen if Russia had a better government.
But for now Serbia should stop playing with fire, it would greatly regret it to cause a new Balkan war.

The 24 hours are soon over. If this is not a bluff.
It will be just another war that Serbia can't win. :oops:

Evidently they are intent on absorbing “Serbia majority” areas of Kosovo.
It’s probably a done deal before it even starts.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t this latest dust up start with Kosovo requiring special use permits of Serbia tagged vehicles that enter into Kosovo?
I’m haven’t followed the area closely for awhile.

rudemarine you might be right about the sex trafficking but I suspect that would be the case no matter who’s in charge.

I remember those drills, it happens every year so to speak ( back from when I was stationed as soldier in kosovo back in 1996 when IFOR was created ) Serbia brings on demands, pull up an armoured batalion or regiment to the border.. Then Nato talks with them and then they move back.

President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vučić, posted a video on Instagram about the situation in Kosovo and Metohija and sent a strong message to all citizens.

"It is important that all people understand how difficult the situation is, how tied our hands are in Kosovo and Metohija."

He said that
we must fight for our people, because if we do not fight, then we will never be able to achieve anything.

"For everything we have, for the progress we have made, we have made it because we have fought, because we have shown that we have enough strength, enough energy, knowledge, faith in ourselves.
It is terribly important for us to show restraint at all times, to strive for compromise, but to show determination and to fight for our country, the people, and all the citizens who live in this country".

"I want to thank people in these difficult days for their support, sincere thanks to our people in Jarinje and Brnjak, Serbia is with you," Vucic pointed out.

In my opinion that's a declaration of war.

If Serbia decides to go to war with Kosovo, Russia will take the necessary steps to support Serbia

Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the EU: now the risk of clashes on the border of Serbia and Kosovo has increased

Moscow is concerned about the situation in Kosovo, events are developing from bad to worse - Russian Foreign Ministry

Dodik for forming the Republika Srpska army

"We will propose that the army of the Republika Srpska be formed in a few months through the demolition of the law on the army," announced the Serbian member of the BiH presidency, Milorad Dodik.

Chairman of the Presidency of Bosnia and Herzegovina Zeljko Komsic accused Milorad Dodik of rebellion after statements on forming the Republika Srpska army