• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Russia military zapad21 drills

I'm sorry, but I just don't see Vlad outright invading Poland. He's not stupid or crazy. No way he wants a furball with NATO, which he would definitely end up getting if he goes anywhere near a NATO country.

But I could see him distracting everyone from his real target, which I still say is SE Ukraine, roughly along a line drawn from Luhansk to Kherson. And nobody is going to raise a finger to stop him.
I agree. But Poland is saying the emergency is over migrants mostly. But also the Russian exercise.

Poland hasn't just bad memories from WW2.

Russian combat robots in exercise Zapad 21
E-xFIXsWQAUxfkc

I could see the Poland-Belarus thing serving as an indirect fig leaf for further incursions in Ukraine. "Just trying to prevent the chaos we've all seen with these poor populations moving around with no safety at all", etc. More perceived chaos is probably better for Putin. But I do think that's mostly a sideshow.

Why invading/threatening Poland? Trade with it! Take over the Ukraine, it's rebellious Republics, Kherson, Odessa (all of South) and offer Lviv and it's nearby lands to Poland. Nobody wants to protect Ukraine's sovereignity anyway, but why not make a better use of it's lands.

Why invading/threatening Poland? Trade with it! Take over the Ukraine, it's rebellious Republics, Kherson, Odessa (all of South) and offer Lviv and it's nearby lands to Poland. Nobody wants to protect Ukraine's sovereignity anyway, but why not make a better use of it's lands.
From Russia perspective it not good move to attack Poland directly. A problem might be created by stuipid Polisg govererment actions.

Accoridng to Russian defence ministry, the "Zapad-2021" war games--
which will run until next Thursday on Russia and Belarus's western flanks including sites close to the European Union's borders--
have alarmed Ukraine and some NATO countries.

Troops used Platform-M combat robots, which are controlled remotely and armed with grenade launchers and a machine gun
, the ministry said in a statement. Russian news agencies said it was the first time such hardware had been used.

New Sarmat-2 tactical vehicles have also been used, Russian media said.

Neighbours such as Ukraine and NATO members Poland and Lithuania say such big exercises so close to the frontier risk being provocative.

"We need to realize that this (a Russian military attack on Estonia) may indeed happen in the coming years," Martin Herem, commander of the Estonian Defense Forces said in an interview on Friday evening.

Troops used Platform-M combat robots, which are controlled remotely and armed with grenade launchers and a machine gun, the ministry said in a statement. Russian news agencies said it was the first time such hardware had been used.
Begun, the Cylon Wars have...

Yesterday , Russian Federation forces are intensifying their attacks in the east of Ukraine, causing more casualties among Ukrainian defenders.
A Ukrainian soldier was killed. 10 more were wounded.

Evening update on the situation in the area of the Joint Forces operation as of 5 p.m. on November 12, 2021
Source Ukrainian Defense Ministry - Translated from Ukrainian....

Glory to Ukraine!

The Russian occupation forces continue to disregard the agreements reached in the Trilateral Contact Group on 22 June 2020.

Three violations of the ceasefire regime have been recorded since the beginning of this year.

The enemy shelled the positions of the Ukrainian defenders with automatic automatic shoulder-mounted grenade launchers.

In the direction of NEVELSKY, the Russian Federation's military formations fired with small arms.

In the vicinity of VERHNOTORETSKY village, the Russian invaders used an anti-tank missile system.

As a result of the hostile fire, one United Forces soldier sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The Joint Forces command offers its heartfelt sympathies to the families and loved ones of the deceased.

The Ukrainian defenders responded to the enemy's fire with retaliatory fire.

The Ukrainian side of the JCCC was informed by OSCE representatives about the actions of the Russian Federation's military formations.

Other units of the defense forces are also involved in the Joint Forces operation, which are performing the tasks as assigned. In particular, the Ukrainian commandos of the DSNSU dispersed over 1 hectare of territory and removed 64 explosive ordnance items, as well as rehabilitated eight damaged buildings.

Ukrainian troops control the situation in the area of the United Forces' operation for fighting and disrupting the military aggression of the Russian Federation.

Together to the victory!

Glory to Ukraine!

Ukraine’s Zelenskyy says all out-war with Russia is possible

Russia annexed Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula back in 2014 and has supported a separatist insurgency in Donbas. Putin said last month that it was becoming evident that Kiev is no longer interested in a peaceful settlement to the conflict.
Zelenskyy relies heavily on U.S. support and because Russia has a much larger and capable military. (Putin said in 2014 that his military could take Ukraine in two weeks.)

Begun, the Cylon Wars have...
Let's say I were a totally fictional entity located on an island with a really powerful and hostile power across a narrow channel that is massively larger than me. I have a much smaller population, but a really powerful and productive economy. I might consider investing heavily in technology like this.

The Tu-95MS strategic bomber has worked through the breakthrough of the enemy's air defense zone during the West-2021 exercise, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

"The crew of the strategic missile carrier Tu-95MS of long-range aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces performed an inspection of the air defense system of the Western Military District. This event took place as part of the joint strategic exercise West-2021," the Defense Ministry said.

"During the planned flight, a breakthrough of the air defense zone of a simulated enemy and the tactical destruction of ground forces of anti-missile defense in conditions of countering electronic suppression were practiced," the military department said.

They noted that after completing the task, the plane returned to the home airfield.

The Tu-95MS aircraft (NATO codification: Bear - "Bear"), like the Tu-160, are the air component of the Russian nuclear triad.

🤔

Last edited:
The Tu-95MS strategic bomber has worked through the breakthrough of the enemy's air defense zone during the West-2021 exercise, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

"The crew of the strategic missile carrier Tu-95MS of long-range aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces performed an inspection of the air defense system of the Western Military District. This event took place as part of the joint strategic exercise West-2021," the Defense Ministry said.

"During the planned flight, a breakthrough of the air defense zone of a simulated enemy and the tactical destruction of ground forces of anti-missile defense in conditions of countering electronic suppression were practiced," the military department said.

They noted that after completing the task, the plane returned to the home airfield.

The Tu-95MS aircraft (NATO codification: Bear - "Bear"), like the Tu-160, are the air component of the Russian nuclear triad.

🤔
The Bear bomber is not going to break though any air defense itself. It carry's very powerful cruise missiles that it will shoot from a thousand miles away or more.

Obama was in charge when the Russians invaded Crimea! He is back in the white house again and they both have a lot of interest that Ukraine stay free of Russia.

I think Putin would love to find an excuse to attack Ukraine while India's troops and others are there because he might use them as cover politically. Putin knows its suicide to attack Poland or the Baltics.

I think the west better wake up and come to grips with the fact that Russia has more than likely violated EVERY nuclear weapons treaty by now. We need crash programs to get our land based nuke forces renewed with mobile launchers and they need to get on with building those bomber dropped stealth TLAMS.