UN Security Council adopted today to lift UN sanctions on Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa and Interior Minister Anas Khattab. Vote: 14 in favor, 0 against, 1 abstention, China.
SOHR: Israeli forces entered western Quneitra, set up a temporary checkpoint near Ain Farikha, searched IDs, then withdrew. New ground incursion reported within the UNDOF area.
Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa has arrived in the United States for an official visit. First US trip by a Syrian head of state in decades, meetings expected in Washington around Nov 10.
Turkey has lifted its asset freeze on Syrian President Ahmad al-Sharaa and Interior Minister Anas Khattab, decision published in the Official Gazette today, after UN Security Council Resolution 2799 delisted both on Nov 6.
Local Yemeni outlets report near simultaneous drone strikes, believed to be U.S., against AQAP targets in Khawrah, Markhah al-Sufla district, Shabwa. Reports vary between two and three strikes in a short window. Fatalities reported including field level commanders. UAVs reportedly remained overhead after the strikes.
NOTE: No CENTCOM (US) official readout yet, details will be be updated.
At the White House today, President Trump hosted Syria’s Ahmed al-Sharaa in the first visit by a Syrian president. The U.S. renewed a temporary 180-day waiver that suspends parts of Caesar Act enforcement; restrictions still apply to transactions involving Russia or Iran. Formal repeal would require Congress.
Syria’s Foreign Ministry says Damascus and Washington agreed to move forward with implementing the March 10 accord, including integrating the Kurdish led SDF into the Syrian Arab Army.
NOTE: This is a Syrian FM statement reported on Al Jazeera’s live blog. U.S. officials have not published a matching readout explicitly confirming SDF integrati
on.
In a Washington Post interview, Syrian President Ahmed al-Sharaa said his government expelled Iranian and Hezbollah forces from Syria and is ready for a new phase of ties with the United States.
NOTE: This is al-Sharaa’s on-record claim to WaPo, not independently verified. No public confirmation from Iran, Hezbollah, or independent monitors.
Syria’s state media says Israeli forces made fresh incursions along the Quneitra line today, Nov 12, setting up checkpoints and blocking movement on the Abu Ghara–Suwaisa road, with additional activity near Eastern al-Samdaniyah and al-Mushrifah. Anadolu and ANHA report similar movements. No IDF or UNDOF readout at this time.
Rockets struck a home in Damascus’ western Mezzeh 86 neighborhood on Friday night, wounding at least one woman and causing material damage, according to Syrian state media and Associated Press reporting from the scene. Security forces cordoned off the area and say the attack was carried out by “unknown assailants.”
SANA, via Anadolu Agency, quotes a military source saying rockets were fired from a mobile launcher, with the party behind the attack and the exact type of weapon still “unknown so far.”
Local and regional outlets report several explosions and multiple impact sites in Mezzeh, including near School 86 and the Western Villas area, with ambulances rushing casualties from the scene. Some local reporting now cites at least one fatality, but official Syrian sources still describe one woman wounded and have not updated the toll.
A more speculative strand of reporting frames the incident as a possible assassination attempt using a drone-launched missile against an area that houses senior security and government figures, but authorities have not endorsed that narrative and no actor has claimed responsibility. There is no confirmed public evidence at this time tying the attack to Israel or any other specific state or non-state group.
Israeli forces conducted a ground operation in the southern Syrian village of Beit Jin before dawn on 28 November.
According to Syrian officials and residents, at least 13 people were killed. The Israeli military states that the operation targeted members of Jamaa Islamiya, says several suspects were detained, and reports six Israeli soldiers wounded, three of them seriously.
NOTE: Casualty and injury figures are drawn from Syrian officials and local medical sources as reported by AP and Reuters. Details on targets, detainees and wounded soldiers are based on the Israel Defense Forces’ public statement.
US Central Command says American and Syrian forces carried out multiple airstrikes and ground demolitions between 24 and 27 November against 15 Islamic State weapons storage sites in southern Syria’s Rif Dimashq province. The combined operation destroyed more than 130 mortars and rockets, along with assault rifles, machine guns, anti-tank mines and bomb-making materials, in an effort to degrade ISIS’s ability to conduct future attacks in the area.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.