• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

UA-RU | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not panicking, on edge a little with recent reports. Don't think we have reached a point where Putin is ready to lash out just quite yet.

Though certainly nearing it. Not today, probably not tmw, but next week or two of continuous brutal losses not so sure how much longer before things drastically escalate imho.

I feel comfortable saying for a fact the situation in where a nuclear device is used is not improving for sure but not immediately imminent either. Not yet at least.
Quick question and I know this might be highly unpopular. I'm an American but I do wonder why the US continues to "salt the wound" by announcing a further aid shipment to Ukraine right at the time Putin is the angriest? We all know Putin acts rashly when he's desperate, like announcing the mobilization and annexation after losing that big offensive in Kharkiv. I would have rather seen a public show of continued support for Ukraine (basically, everything we said) but save the next announcement of military aid for a time when the tension is a little less, like perhaps when new lines are drawn and settle down. Feels like we're salting the wound, and I'm not sure how helpful that is especially as Ukraine is doing really well on their own at the moment.

Quick question and I know this might be highly unpopular. I'm an American but I do wonder why the US continues to "salt the wound" by announcing a further aid shipment to Ukraine right at the time Putin is the angriest? We all know Putin acts rashly when he's desperate, like announcing the mobilization and annexation after losing that big offensive in Kharkiv. I would have rather seen a public show of continued support for Ukraine (basically, everything we said) but save the next announcement of military aid for a time when the tension is a little less, like perhaps when new lines are drawn and settle down. Feels like we're salting the wound, and I'm not sure how helpful that is especially as Ukraine is doing really well on their own at the moment.
Maybe it's because Ukraine made all that commentary about wanting ATACMS and offering US full veto power of Russian targets that we wanted to signal that our military aid is essentially the same types of weapons as before? That would make sense.

putins-military-mobilization-could-prove-major-blunder
The meat of the article:
Koffler added that Putin will likely be in power until "at least 2024," though she cautioned that even if he was forced out the alternative would be no better.

"In the off-chance that Putin can no longer govern, the person who will assume power, at least temporarily, will be Nikolai Patrushev, a fellow former KGB operative who is as ruthless as Putin himself," Koffler said.

Koffler argued that there is a "misconception in the West that if only Putin were gone, all our problems with Russia would be gone," noting Russia's long history of anti-Western and anti-U.S. foreign policy and its consistent tendency to slip into totalitarian rule.

I don't see a value of verbal "nuclear escalation" statements - IMO these type of statements can only help strengthen Russia dictator Putin.
I really hope that DoD or White House could establish an office or individual to talk with others about "message management." Or does WH really want Poland to announce today that they are going to get nukes from USA?
MAD is the only thing that will stop nuclear war unless we just want to bend to Russia. Which would just make Putin more confident using them in the future.

The doctor suspects that Russians stole the teeth because they thought they were real gold (it's actually stainless steel) and to intimidate the Ukrainians. "Nearby residents reported to me that Russians apparently used this to scare people,"

The original post is in German, but thats one translation of a quote in the article.
Both the orig. story and this rebuttal story both lead to questions.

unfortunately , it seems sometimes the most gruesome stories lead the headlines, no matter which side you favor.

200 new units of sick dying old men encamped with armed mentally ill....and they're all mad at Russia. Not looking good Ivan
dont believe everything the news or prophets posts most of it is propaganda and the worst cases. And as I mentioned before, Russia can lose every conquered province but in the long run still win. ( As long NATO doesnt get involved directly )

dont believe everything the news or prophets posts most of it is propaganda and the worst cases. And as I mentioned before, Russia can lose every conquered province but in the long run still win. ( As long NATO doesnt get involved directly )
I hope you come back to post when putin is being dragged through the streets. And as I mentioned before, Russia is currently losing to NATO's pocket change and 1960's throw away tech.

Last edited:
October 05, 2022 - Russia complains about Western arms flowing into Ukraine, but Putin's troops are giving Kyiv far more heavy weaponry as they retreat (BUSINESS INSIDER)

---

Please Continue Here:

Status
Not open for further replies.