• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

| UA-RU WAR | NATO Crisis | ANALYSIS & DISCUSSION

The mistake was in not recognizing how much blood Russia was willing to lose to regain control
I think there is a difference. Russia is willing to lose someone else's blood. The maths are always different that way.

Putin doesn't feel it when his peasants die the same way the American government feels it when a Marine detachment doesn't come back.
 
I think there is a difference. Russia is willing to lose someone else's blood. The maths are always different that way.

Putin doesn't feel it when his peasants die the same way the American government feels it when a Marine detachment doesn't come back.
Too true,
 
I will say, last year's abuses & lecturing to India for buying Russian oil doesn't look particularly good now. It's not being seen favourably. Can't make this up.
I am not one to rah rah a country or a President because I live there or voted for them.

I think this move by the US is wrong. It is a temporary solution that puts an ally in a bad spot.

And strategically it makes the US less reliable. I would not trust the US as an ally that much. The US will ultimately look out for its own interests.

Now, that is true for any country. Don't let's pretend otherwise.

But this was an egregious move. Ukraine got thrown to the wolves, and yes I recognise the irony of that statement.
 
I will say, last year's abuses & lecturing to India for buying Russian oil doesn't look particularly good now. It's not being seen favourably. Can't make this up.
In case there's any doubt, I don't know a single person here in the UK who thinks this is a good look for Trump.

At some point the US electorate needs to realise the rest of the democratic world wants a reliable ally in POTUS.
 
Back
Top Bottom