• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

US House & Senate PASS Tik Tok Ban🚫 --Expected To Become Law In Days

Not when we already are in a deficit. Have you been taking out loans to donate to these countries recently?
The debt we have now is overblown when reported on. It would need to be 100 times larger then it currently is to be considered a real problem. The key here is everyone knows where good for it and we do pay ALL of our loans back and have never failed to do so, not once.

Americas value is a stupidly absurdly large number almost impossible to calculate.

Is trump change to Uncle Sam's pockets.
Lets put it this way. Say you make $4400 a year. Well you have to spend all of that on obligatory expenses. But you want to donate. Is it the fiscally responsible thing for you to take out $100 in loans a month to donate to these countries?

Lets put it this way. Say you make $4400 a year. Well you have to spend all of that on obligatory expenses. But you want to donate. Is it the fiscally responsible thing for you to take out $100 in loans a month to donate to these countries?
Can't apply your own personal or anyone's personal financial management to government debt. Works entirely different. Like comparing oranges to ants.

The debt we have now is overblown when reported on. It would need to be 100 times larger then it currently is to be considered a real problem. The key here is everyone knows where good for it and we do pay ALL of our loans back and have never failed to do so, not once.

Americas value is a stupidly absurdly large number almost impossible to calculate.
I am aware of the value of the US. But, in my view, I would never take out loans for my friends, even if they were just a small % of my budget. 1. it adds up (the wars we have fought in the middle east had a cost of trillions of dollars. US weapons arent cheap) 2. if im taking out a loan, it should be to improve my life, not gamble it for a chance my friend will make it out of his situation.

The key here is everyone knows where good for it and we do pay ALL of our loans back and have never failed to do so, not once.
Gonna go ahead and underline that. πŸ‘†

Can't apply your own personal or anyone's personal financial management to government debt. Works entirely different. Like comparing oranges to ants.
I sure can, because when it comes down to it, we are giving borrowed money to other countries instead of using it on ourselves. 100 billion is a LOT of money, that could go towards improving things in the US, which IT ABSOLUTELY WOULD. We overspend on things that don't improve the lives of Americans, but that doesn't change how much $100b is.

The debt we have now is overblown when reported on. It would need to be 100 times larger then it currently is to be considered a real problem.
Total debt service is 3.1% of the gross domestic product as of 2023, and it is 16% of total federal spending.

By contrast, defense spending is 13% of the budget.

it should be to improve my life,
I think not having to send US soldiers to fight Russia in the future in Europe is a really good investment. But hey that's just me.

Degrade Russia now by aiding Ukraine & without having to use our troops. If we do so they won't pose much of a threat for sometime and shows Russia to back off an not to fuck with NATO. But hey again that's just me.

Last edited:
I think not having to send US soldiers to fight Russia in the future in Europe is a really good investment. But hey that's just me.
Degrade Russia now by aiding Ukraine & without having to use our troops. If we do so they won't pose much of a threat for sometime and shows Russia to back off an not to fuck with NATO. But hey again that's just me.
Every dime we send to Ukraine is the best money & investment Congress has ever spent in the past 30 decades.

Ensures we will not have to fight Russia in the future and preserve NATO integrity/faith in order to stop Russia from attempting to test NATO in the future... when Russia decides it is done in Ukraine and tells its people its "3 day operation" was a raging success. πŸ™„

Last edited:
Every dime we send to Ukraine is the best money & investment Congress has ever spent in the past 30 decades.

I'm sorry, correction, the best thing Congress has done in the past 30 years was pass the 9/11 funds for first responders who lost their lives durring or after getting cancer from the toxic dust and taking care of their families.

TikTok might soon be banned or under new ownership in the U.S.

The Senate is expected to approve the legislation as part of a $95 billion foreign aid package.

But TikTok says it doesn’t plan to go down without a fight.

For more, @LisaDNews speaks with @dmccabe.

Durring the cold war we didn't allow foreign media to operate in the US. Stop scare mongering it is not taking any freedoms away. Just reenacting foreign policy laws that should have never went away in the first place.
There was no scaremongering in that comment. It is a valid and well-stated opinion. It's fine if you disagree with it, but there's no need to call it scaremongering.

There was no scaremongering in that comment. It is a valid and well-stated opinion. It's fine if you disagree with it, but there's no need to call it scaremongering.
But it was scare mongering to make people think people's freedoms are being taken away when they are not. Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Screenshot_20240424-165149_Chrome.jpg

But it was scare mongering to make people think people's freedoms are being taken away when they are not. Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks so.
View attachment 5470
It's fine if you're against The Tick Tock ban because you use tiktok and you like tiktok. Just admit that then.

Don't go scare-mongering people trying to get people to think their freedoms are being taken away when that is not the case.

The government (in a rare bipartisan effort may I remind you) is taking action against credible National Security threats that this app imposes on every average American's lives. It is also not something new to America as I've said before foreign media was not allowed to operate in America during the cold war.

Edit:
Sorry my poor grammar. Using forums on phone has its advantages and disadvantages.

Last edited:
Here in Canada, the government will have difficulty banning TikTok, it will be forced to ban all American sites that also spy on us.

trying to get people to think their freedoms are being taken away when that is not the case.
There is plenty of other true, very real cases of our freedoms being eroded. BUT this Tik Tok ban is not one of them.

It's fine if you're against The Tick Tock ban because you use tiktok and you like tiktok. Just admit that then.

Don't go scare-mongering people trying to get people to think their freedoms are being taken away when that is not the case.

The government (in a rare bipartisan effort may I remind you) is taking action against credible National Security threats that this app imposes on every average American's lives. It is also not something new to America as I've said before foreign media was not allowed to operate in America during the cold war.

Edit:
Sorry my poor grammar. Using forums on phone has its advantages and disadvantages.
1. The same laws do not apply to social media as news and publishing Media. The standers of accountability and liability are not in play.
2. If tic too is such a valuable business commodity then they will divest from the parent company and the question is mute.
3. It is likely that the American public pays as much attention to their kids computer use as they due to the activities of their government.
4. Kids know how to use a VPN.

So it’s all just symbolic.
We’ve gone from making raising free range kids a crime and holding parents criminally liable for their children’s actions. To letting them run wild and unsupervised online.

Makes no difference to me, not enough people care enough to make any changes and what ever politicians do is just symbolic platitudes.

But when they start silencing people on social media or holding social media companies accountable for idiots do bitch to me.
After all who would have ever thought a person could be sentenced to jail for sarcasm or hate speech.

Guess we forgot the whole sticks and stones diddy

πŸ“£
TikTok will not be sold, Chinese parent tells US
TikTok's Chinese parent company ByteDance says it has no intention of selling the business after the US passed a law to force it to sell the hugely popular video app or be banned in America.
"ByteDance doesn't have any plans to sell TikTok," the company posted on its official account on Toutiao, a social media platform it owns.
TikTok did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the BBC.

NOTE:
Then it is set in stone. No sale = no more Tik Tok in US.