• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

US House & Senate PASS Tik Tok Ban🚫 --Expected To Become Law In Days

The actual good news is the UA/Taiwan/Israel aid. This is just feel-good news. China has a multitude of ways to spy on you with or without TikTok.
Its only good news if you are for it. Each individual category seems to have had lees than 50% support so it was bundled together to make a no vote very very difficult.

(Don’t unload on me for the truth, Im for all three. Its the despotic leadership of Christmas past present and future and many cannot see the requirement to give more money away. I see it as a fantastic investment of the future.. anytime we can pay someone else to kill Russians or the Chinese soldiers, it’s a freaky win!)

Its only good news if you are for it.
Well, that was implied.
Each individual category seems to have had lees than 50% support so it was bundled together to make a no vote very very difficult.
Huh? No, it wasn't. Those were four separate bills, and the vote went as follows:
  • HR 8034 Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 366-58
  • HR 8035 Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 311-112
  • HR 8036 Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 385-34
  • HR 8038 21st Century Peace through Strength Act ("TikTok Act") (on passage): 360-58
(Don’t unload on me for the truth, Im for all three. Its the despotic leadership of Christmas past present and future and many cannot see the requirement to give more money away. I see it as a fantastic investment of the future.. anytime we can pay someone else to kill Russians or the Chinese soldiers, it’s a freaky win!)
I would say we're in agreement. 😁

Well, that was implied.

Huh? No, it wasn't. Those were four separate bills, and the vote went as follows:
  • HR 8034 Israel Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 366-58
  • HR 8035 Ukraine Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 311-112
  • HR 8036 Indo-Pacific Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2024 (on passage): 385-34
  • HR 8038 21st Century Peace through Strength Act ("TikTok Act") (on passage): 360-58

I would say we're in agreement. 😁
Wow. Im embarrassed! I was wrong! Dammit! Hey Darknoon, now I know how you feel all the time! πŸ˜‡

Seriously I read it was going to be a combined bill in an article about the Speaker putting his job on the line, after that I stopped paying attention. Im playing the chemo card and attributing some outstanding medications for the error.

Very very sorry. 😞

Seriously I read it was going to be a combined bill in an article about the Speaker putting his job on the line
It was a combined bill. But they still vote on each passage within the bill separately.

Wow. Im embarrassed! I was wrong! Dammit! Hey Darknoon, now I know how you feel all the time! πŸ˜‡
Your technically not wrong. Read what I posted above.

In that case I'm the one who stands corrected.
Yes. It was a Foreign Aid Package smooshing all these separate aid packages into one bill so the House could in rapid succession vote on each of them in one session of congress.

The combined bill I believe was called The "National Security Supplemental". Each passage within the combined bill was voted on separately but within the same session of congress not split up over hours or days. If that makes sence. Hope I'm conveying this correctly.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry; I'm going to say I'm a bit confused about how this works in practice, and too busy atm to read up on it, but I figured since they voted on each package separately, surely it means these are separate bills...?

What would have happened if one of the supplementals got rejected? Would the whole "combined bill" go down, or would it advance in reduced scope? If it's the latter then we're talking about four separate bills in all but name.

Yes. It was a Foreign Aid Package smooshing all these separate aid packages into one bill so the House could in rapid succession vote on each of them in one session of congress.

The combined bill I believe was called The "National Security Supplemental". Each passage within the combined bill was voted on separately but within the same session of congress not split up over hours or days. If that makes sence. Hope I'm conveying this correctly.
I did some rudimentary googling and it seems even the US mediasphere is unsure about whether these were separate bills or one big bill. It appears that, legislatively speaking, they were separate, and the "combined bill" is just a procedural device - so anyone who wanted to vote nay on Ukraine aid and aye on the other bills was free to do so. This, in turn, implies that my original point stands.

Btw., MTG is now ranting on Fox about how she now intends to oust Johnson (at what point am I allowed to call her a Russian agent...?) It's unlikely there would be a majority in the current House to do that; there's a sizeable group of "progressive Democrats" who have openly declared that they intend to save Johnson's speakership in the wake of the passage of the aid bills. Course, this leaves Johnson in an untenable political position; you don't get elected on a GOP ticket in Louisiana (of all places) with a record of reaching across the aisle. Sadly.

I did some rudimentary googling and it seems even the US mediasphere is unsure about whether these were separate bills or one big bill. It appears that, legislatively speaking, they were separate, and the "combined bill" is just a procedural device - so anyone who wanted to vote nay on Ukraine aid and aye on the other bills was free to do so. This, in turn, implies that my original point stands.
Glad we figured that out and got it out of the way. πŸ˜‚ yea media didn't help much in the confusion. Thanks for looking it up!

Sorry for long reply, I just have a bit to say.

The public generally ~
Ukraine Bill - Left leaning people support it, on average, half the population does not support further funding. Most Americans support it, but by a 3% Margin

Taiwan - Bipartisan. Most Americans support it.

Israel - right leaning, by far, supporters.

Tik Tok ban - half of Americans support it. Mostly older ones.

I note all this for my final point- while this forum mostly supports the whole bill, by and large this is both a slap in the face to most Americans and also something to cheer over. Combining this bill was a very effective way to keep Americans from changing their voting habits over it.

There is a group of people who support none of it, but it is small. I would say even this crowd tends to support Taiwan aid at least. Personally, I fall into this category. I support aid to Taiwan as I know we simply can NOT afford to lose the computer chips they produce. This would be a massive blow to the west.

I would be happy to support Ukraine aid if I thought they could win. But my personal view is the war is over, we just don't know it yet. The only thing that can change it is NATO troops on the ground. Young people in Ukraine have less support and have even fled the country. The public support in Ukraine for it is simply shaky, regardless of what people like to think. This means a serious troop problem exists, and the current aid will take time to arrive, and the west still simply cannot produce the artillery needed. In my mind, all this is is the west trying to fight to the last Ukrainian. We are using them as a pawn. I see that as shameful and inhumane. We do not care if they win, just that Russia loses a lot.

Israel is filthy rich, I don't see why we need to give them money.

I see the tik tok ban as a slippery slope to free speech. I see our behavior during the Cold War as relatively oppressive, so I do not see it as justified by Cold War behaviors.

100 billion. Money that could have gone towards funding other things. Of course, our government will not fund then because of ... 100 billion to add to our debt, because we feel we are the world police. Instead of funding for crime reduction, border security, education, medical care, research, climate goals, etc that all could even benefit the whole world, as us solving problems here helps educate the rest of the west.

Sorry for all that post. Kind of a rant to some extent. Can we get to fixing our own issues now? (Hint: the answer is no. Solving problems does not get as much votes as saying if you vote for us we will solve problems)

I would be happy to support Ukraine aid if I thought they could win. But my personal view is the war is over
You can thank inaction from MAGA radicals in Congress for that. It is nice in the end that Speaker Johnson did the right thing and listen to his conscience. But to little to late.

Last edited:
Israel - right leaning, by far, supporters.
Yes I am a liberal. But my views on Israel are extremely right or conservative. For logical & personal reasons as well.

Israel is our ONLY true ally in the Middle East and we must stand by them no matter what. They must not allow October 7th to happen again by doing anything and everything in their power to ensure it. It is unfortunate the terrorists hide among civilians or in hospitals and schools.

Last edited:
You can thank inaction from MAGA radicals in Congress for that. It is nice in the end that Speaker Johnson did the right thing and listen to his conscience. But to little to late.
He also listened to Trump evidently. Or Trump listened to him. Note their meeting last week where trump gave Johnson his full support.
So just try and separate the extremist from the candidate.