US-Israel/Iran | 2022

Friendly Engineer

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
Jerusalem Post is reputable.

But Iran barely has the missile tech to attack other countries in the Middle East, let alone hit America.
Diplomatic mail, stuff it into the back of a van and drive into Manhattan. That's the only way Iran could get a bomb into NY. It's a complete bluff, Iran knows that the Uranium would be traced back to their centrifuges and knows that their country would turn into a barren radioactive desert.

Friendly Engineer

DEFCON Staff
Staff member
I wouldn’t be so confident. The Senate intelligence committee had to go to closed doors over there Shihab-3, 30 years ago!

Russia threatened to destroy Irans nuclear sites themselves after they changed their nose cones on them..

They had no problem hitting US bases when they decided to.

All they need is more fuel for the firecracker. If North Korea has it then Iran has the blueprints. They have been caught with their scientists in each other’s backyards way too many times.

Irans only problem was getting the nuclear weapons grade Uranium or plutonium. They probably have enough for five bombs by now if not a lot more.
Russia and Iran are supposedly buddies now, making agreements.
Iran can only hit targets within a few thousand km. Furthest they could get is Italy or central Europe (talking missile range here).
There are other obstacles to building nuclear weapons Iran is yet to jump over. It'll be a minimum of a few months before they have a working bomb in my opinion (presuming the Israelis don't blow anything up). I doubt they have anywhere near enough plutonium for a bomb, they only have 1 reactor and that's civilian power, not a pure breeder (yes I know even civilian ones produce lots of nasty radioisotopes but not a huge scale). They just aren't producing enough plutonium for weapons. If they're going to do weapons, I'm willing to bet it'll be U-235.

rudemarine

Power Poster II
Russia and Iran are supposedly buddies now, making agreements.
Iran can only hit targets within a few thousand km. Furthest they could get is Italy or central Europe (talking missile range here).
There are other obstacles to building nuclear weapons Iran is yet to jump over. It'll be a minimum of a few months before they have a working bomb in my opinion (presuming the Israelis don't blow anything up). I doubt they have anywhere near enough plutonium for a bomb, they only have 1 reactor and that's civilian power, not a pure breeder (yes I know even civilian ones produce lots of nasty radioisotopes but not a huge scale). They just aren't producing enough plutonium for weapons. If they're going to do weapons, I'm willing to bet it'll be U-235.

Do you seriously think they haven’t had a hidden nuke site under a mountain or two this entire time? They probably pulled a Manhattan project immediately and nobody has been allowed out so nobody gets wind of it. They are not stupid, far from it.

I know the Israelis are good but they can not be the only thing stopping Iran from getting a nuke. North Korea fumbled its way into getting one.

Russia has had Iran back forever! They don’t want them to have nukes but they most definitely were ready to send their troops to fight ours in 2008 had Bush not turned the NATO naval armada around that was headed full steam towards Iran.

Ben Dhyani

Iran and U.S. to resume talks in latest bid to save nuclear deal​

Diplomats from the U.S., Europe and Iran are set to return to Vienna after months of deadlock for another attempt to save their moribund nuclear deal, as high energy prices continue to stalk the global economy. Robert Malley, the U.S.’s special envoy for Iran, said in a tweet that he’s headed to the Austrian capital to discuss a European Union proposal to rescue the landmark 2015 agreement. The accord slowly collapsed after Washington withdrew four years ago and reimposed sanctions on the Iranian economy, prompting Tehran to ramp up its enrichment of uranium. The EU’s chief nuclear negotiator, Enrique Mora, and his Iranian counterpart Ali Bagheri Kani said that they would also rejoin the talks.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/aug/03/iran-and-us-to-resume-talks-in-latest-bid-to-save-/

alphaecho

Power Poster II
Major Contributor
Just a thought, it will not be that Israel first weakens the Iranian proxies, and then attacks Iran's nuclear facilities, in this way it will have neutralized the threat of the proxies.

google translation

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member
Please only report or discuss Israel preparing to attack Iranian nuclear program or a war resulting over Irans nuclear program in this thread.

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member
If you want to report or discuss the current flash crisis between Palestine and Israel please do so there:
(I moved all posts here related to Palestine there👆)

Last edited:

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member
With everything that has been going on i.e China-Taiwan, Russia-Ukraine, Trump scandal, and inflation.... Israel is likely getting away with secretly readying to do something about Irans nuclear program. As Iran is pretty much at the level to start rolling them out.

I still think it's very probable a attack by Israel against Iranian nuclear facilities and possibly leadership too are no doubt being planned and preparing for. I mean they have said it themselves it is their moral obligation to make sure by any means Iran does not get deliverable nuclear weapons with or without the US approval or aid.

So with that said I hope no one forgot about this still pressing issue.

D

DucknCover

Israeli strikes hit Iranian targets near Russia's Mediterranean bases

Drones hit US base in Syria, in possible Iran revenge over Israel-attributed strikes

DarkNoon

Dedicated Moderator
Staff member
Türkiye and Israel to restore full diplomatic representation – Israeli PM Yair Lapid's office
↕️
Israeli PM Yair Lapid on improving Israel & Türkiye relations:

- It will deepen our ties & is an important asset for regional stability
- Ties will expand our economies, trade
- Ambassadors and Consul Generals will be re-appointed
↕️
Ankara will continue to support Palestine – Turkish FM Cavusoglu
↕️
Türkiye and Israel agree to normalise their ties following years of strained relations. Our correspondent Hasan Abdullah brings us the latest from Ankara