• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

UA-RU | DISCUSSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just imagine it slowly sinking in that they are nothing but meat shields. They send them in battle with broken rusty death trap weapons! No training!
Way to go, cannon fodders. Either Ukrainians will actually do BETTER because there is so much inexperience floating around, or these men are going to come to understand at some point, they are just meat shields. I wonder if any are going to realize their gun looks an awful lot like a Ukrainian gun, and their "comrads" are the target.

Jesus--I thought I'd never see stuff like this in my lifetime.
TCharley300 - I just want to express, that in the long run, I am optimistic about humanity. Whatever tragedy Ukraine and the world may see in the short run, I believe that ultimately saner minds will find the restraint necessary to prevent a significant global expansion. That may not mean violence in Russia and in USA, but I still believe people of restraint and mercy will prevail in the long run. Let us hope this terrible violence comes to an end.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, since it was confusing for me at first. They are saying that satellites could pick up activity at the tactical nuclear storage sites, not that there is activity currently ongoing.
Western intelligence agencies would pick this activity up, but would we? If governments decided not to reveal this intelligence, would there be activity detected by OSInt sources?

EMP range of low yield tac nukes is severely limited.
Part of the issue is also the nebulous definitions of tactical nuclear weapons. Dr. Jack Liu discussed this in 2017 regarding small North Korea nukes, where theoretically a 20 KT nuke at high altitude could affect a 20 km region.

Massive pressure drop – Nord Stream 2 pipeline apparently partially destroyed​

Sabotage is suspected!

Last edited:

Sabotage is suspected!

It's paywalled - can you copy/paste the text?

Sabotage is suspected!

Mine or problem with material? Sabotage?
Who would benefit from sabotage? Eventually, this war will be over and Europe is desperately going to need the gas so why make it that much harder to restore? Russia is most definitely gonna need the money post war, and obviously controls the on/off switch now, so I don't think they would benefit from sabotaging their future major source of income.

Who would benefit from sabotage? Eventually, this war will be over and Europe is desperately going to need the gas so why make it that much harder to restore? Russia is most definitely gonna need the money post war, and obviously controls the on/off switch now, so I don't think they would benefit from sabotaging their future major source of income.
Well, your guess is as good as mine, but I no longer buy the "war will be over and things will be back to normal" mindset anymore. We're past the event horizon and there's no going back.

Eventually a "new normal" will emerge, but I guess someone figured that Nord Stream would not be part of that.

[This belongs in discussion thread ofc; feel free to move it there.]

MC Caffrey is not a reliable source and shouldn't be bothered with as reports go.
He was responsible for many lost lives and was sacked for it a long time ago. Tet offensive from Vietnam days .

Status
Not open for further replies.