• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Air Raid Sirens in Israel (was Israel 21-Apr-2021)

Its all Iran Turkey and Quatar we are looking at now...Turkish flags were shown during every pro- palestine protest in Europe,,,,in the Netherlands the taliban flag was even showing on the streets.

Its all Iran Turkey and Quatar we are looking at now...Turkish flags were shown during every pro- palestine protest in Europe,,,,in the Netherlands the taliban flag was even showing on the streets.
Here in Montreal, I saw a lot of flag of Algeria, the riot police had to intervene to prevent a confrontation Pro-Israelis and Pro-Palestinians. In my opinion,
no country is going to intervene in Israel, although Erdogan
of Turkey is often unpredictable. There are rumors in Russian media that Turkey is being tempted.

It’s interesting how everyone, and I don’t mean hear, approaches this like some bi-polar conflict between Palestinians and Israel.
Their are so many players and agendas.
Maybe if it was just handed as a bi-polar conflict between two parties we could get it over with.
This has been a politicized conflict for 40 years.
Qui Bono?
Certainly not Palestinians or Israelis

https://tass.com/world/1290221
TEL AVIV, May 16. /TASS/. Palestinian radicals from the Gaza Strip have fired 3,100 missiles since May 10, with 1,210 of them being intercepted, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said on Sunday.

"Hamas and Islamic Jihad have fired 3,100 rockets from Gaza in the past 7 days. That's the highest daily rate of rocket fire that Israel has faced in the history of the country," it said, adding that 450 missile crashed into Gaza and 1,210 missile were intercepted by the Iron Dome air defense system.
450 + 1,210 = 1660.
3,100 - 1,660 = 1,440 struck Israel.

Last edited:
I'll see if I can track down the JPost article that mentioned this issue from the 2004 strikes. Their allegation was that the AP and other media outlets were pretty easily intimidated by Hamas into not reporting their activities even when reporting on rocket attacks launched by Hamas.
Being associated with people who think targeting the media is 'just desserts' and 'a wink-wink nudge-nudge kind of middle finger to the left' isn't really a good look. This place stood out because it could discuss geopolitics without becoming /pol/. I'm out.

Being associated with people who think targeting the media is 'just desserts' and 'a wink-wink nudge-nudge kind of middle finger to the left' isn't really a good look. This place stood out because it could discuss geopolitics without becoming /pol/. I'm out.
Your correct politics do get discussed here. I am probably one of the most vocal.
You cannot discuss international events and potential conflicts without discussing politics. Politics is the public expression and manifestation of what people and nations do when deciding what direction they will choose.

Regarding the media and their just desserts. The media should never be targeted with physical force or violence.
That doesn’t mean they are immune from criticism. If their is no public criticism of public figures including the media then there is no freedom of speech.

As to any possible collusion between some in the media and Hamas that its is speculative is true. It is also true Hamas has on numerous times used schools hospitals and now it seem the media to escape retaliatory strikes from Israel.

We can not know if the media was willingly residing in the same building as a Hamas headquarters. It does however certainly question their journalistic skills when they innocently claim we had no idea.

The journalist were warned off and none were injured. That’s a pretty clear indication that the journalist weren’t the target of Israel.
If this was an open war and journalist were placing their offices in government buildings of an enemy nation and that building was destroyed no one could claim the journalist were the target and not a government building of a enemy nation.

Your correct politics do get discussed here. I am probably one of the most vocal.
You cannot discuss international events and potential conflicts without discussing politics. Politics is the public expression and manifestation of what people and nations do when deciding what direction they will choose.

Regarding the media and their just desserts. The media should never be targeted with physical force or violence.
That doesn’t mean they are immune from criticism. If their is no public criticism of public figures including the media then there is no freedom of speech.

As to any possible collusion between some in the media and Hamas that its is speculative is true. It is also true Hamas has on numerous times used schools hospitals and now it seem the media to escape retaliatory strikes from Israel.

We can not know if the media was willingly residing in the same building as a Hamas headquarters. It does however certainly question their journalistic skills when they innocently claim we had no idea.

The journalist were warned off and none were injured. That’s a pretty clear indication that the journalist weren’t the target of Israel.
If this was an open war and journalist were placing their offices in government buildings of an enemy nation and that building was destroyed no one could claim the journalist were the target and not a government building of a enemy nation.
Several great points here. I would only add two things. First, no media outlet of which I am aware has reported or alleged that Israel lied and that Hamas was not present there. Rather, the responses have been between "maybe they were there, but our work is too important" and "we did not and do not know if they were there or not". That's critical. Second, it is fair to question whether media outlets are reporting the whole truth about where Hamas is and what they are doing. Multiple credible outlets have reported that Hamas has been able to keep reporters from telling the whole story. By the way, I don't necessarily blame them for this. Reporting from a warzone is tricky at the best of times and you can't do any reporting at all if you don't live to make deadline. I damn sure don't think our military is going to bring a film crew from CNN along with no restrictions on what they can report or where they can go. But that reality is a part of this story that must be considered. If Israel is lying, then I expect one of these intrepid journalists will wear out enough shoe leather to write the article that proves it.

I don't think Hamas would come knocking on AP's door and announce their presence.

otoh, maybe Israel's intel was wrong.

Either way, AP is in the wrong. If a journalist wants to play in the battlefield, don't whine when you get hit.
Hamas is well known to put guns in the face of reporters and force them to show and say what they want them to report and will shoot them if they report the truth so the AP is just trying to protect their people inside Gaza.

The minute they all get safe they will likely change their story in a small story that many won't see.

Either way something will come of this,.. either the occupation of Gaza because Israel cannot keep up with its Iron Dome missiles being used or a peace deal of magnitude.
They just need to fight their way to the main hospital where they are building the rockets and deal with the bunker there. Then bomb the ever loving crap out of the Gaza Egyptian border with daisy cutters and seal off all the tunnels. They can leave after those two are done.

Several great points here. I would only add two things. First, no media outlet of which I am aware has reported or alleged that Israel lied and that Hamas was not present there. Rather, the responses have been between "maybe they were there, but our work is too important" and "we did not and do not know if they were there or not". That's critical. Second, it is fair to question whether media outlets are reporting the whole truth about where Hamas is and what they are doing. Multiple credible outlets have reported that Hamas has been able to keep reporters from telling the whole story. By the way, I don't necessarily blame them for this. Reporting from a warzone is tricky at the best of times and you can't do any reporting at all if you don't live to make deadline. I damn sure don't think our military is going to bring a film crew from CNN along with no restrictions on what they can report or where they can go. But that reality is a part of this story that must be considered. If Israel is lying, then I expect one of these intrepid journalists will wear out enough shoe leather to write the article that proves it.
Or that Hamas was present and the reporters knew it. I completely concede in a war zone reporting is a delicate business. But the AP head completely denied that they had any knowledge that Hamas might be in the building and that they investigate these things throughly to make sure it doesn’t occur.

Or that after having been warned by Israel to vacate because the building Israel had determined was a viable target in an open conflict, and no reporters were injured.
the media makes this about themselves and the tragedies befalling them and not the possibility Hamas continues to hide themselves behind non-combatants continuing to put non combatants at risk willingly.

We will never know the truth. The building is in ruins and in times of war the truth is what comes last, on both sides.
Convenient
Has any credible source denied Hamas had a presence in the building?
Were the journalist warned to vacate?
Did any journalist die of the attack?
Has Hamas in the past shielded itself in Hospitals and Schools?
Could Israel have made a mistake in assigning the building a viable target? Yes and if it is the case I’m sure it will be reported on.