• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

ALERT⚠️ | RAF Fairford Major Incident! Explosives Arrests, EOD Response & Heightened USAF Security

What I’m curious about is if it was Russia or Iran behind this….
Nobody knows yet. However within last 30 minutes this surfaced. Doesn't mean it's Iran however and wouldn't consider these sources reputable:
UK media report Counter Terrorism Policing is examining a possible Iran link in the suspected RAF Fairford plot. The Times reports Iran is among the lines of inquiry, investigators are keeping an open mind. No attribution has been made.
Sources:
🔗

🔗
 
🇬🇧🧨🇺🇸✈️
UPDATE ON SOURCED MATERIAL: RAF Fairford / Whelford

Counter Terrorism Policing is investigating whether the suspected RAF Fairford terror plot has links to Iran. ITV News understands one line of inquiry is whether representatives of the Iranian regime paid others to carry out the alleged plot on their behalf. No Iranian link has been established and the investigation remains ongoing.

President Trump separately said the suspects had been under investigation and were “looking to do big damage,” crediting UK and US cooperation for the arrests. This differs from earlier UK reporting that the Fairford police operation itself was not intelligence led, leaving the relationship between any prior US investigation and the overnight UK response unclear.

Security has also been tightened at multiple UK bases hosting US forces. RAF Lakenheath has confirmed FPCON Charlie, the second highest US force protection level. RAF Fairford is widely reported at FPCON Delta, the highest level, although US officials continue to decline confirmation of specific force protection measures.

Sources:
🔗 https://www.itv.com/news/2026-09-27/major-incident-declared-near-raf-fairford-as-residents-evacuated

🔗 https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/security-increased-us-fairford-air-base-england-2026-09-27/

🔗 'Major Incident' Near RAF Fairford After Arrests Made Under Explosives Act

🔗 https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ba9a40-ba7e-11f1-81fc-9b76f8343b6c_story.html
 
New press conference with little extra detail. Lots of families unable to return home tonight implies vans are still being inspected.

As there is a Notam in place, impossible for journalists to tell what has been found in vans.
🇬🇧🧨🇺🇸✈️
UPDATE/NEW: Full Gloucestershire Police Briefing video on ongoing RAF Fairford incident, with some press questions attached at end of video.

Video:
 
🇬🇧🧨🇺🇸✈️
UPDATE ON CONFIRMED/SOURCED MATERIAL: RAF Fairford

New reporting says materials recovered from the vans near RAF Fairford were initially assessed as consistent with improvised explosive devices. Testing continues to determine whether the suspected devices were viable. Police have not publicly confirmed the IED assessment.

At least one van reportedly carried the logo of a fuel company with a phone number missing a digit. The legitimate company says its name was used without its knowledge or permission and it is cooperating with authorities.

The resident whose 999 call triggered the response told PA she encountered three vans blocking the road and around 10 people wearing hoods and balaclavas. Police reportedly arrived around 15 minutes later.

BBC Verify geolocated imagery of the five detainees to Whelford, approximately 350 metres from runway access at RAF Fairford Crash Gate 6A. Residents from around 85 evacuated households have now been told they cannot return home Sunday night while the 400 metre cordon and EOD operation continue.

Sources:
🔗 Five arrested on terrorism charges after explosives found near RAF base used by US

🔗 RAF Fairford terror plot ‘looking to do big damage’, Donald Trump says

🔗 What we know about RAF Fairford counter-terror probe
 
📣
Need to remind everyone we have no idea if it was Iran or Russia or BOTH given their noticable/clear convergence here. We don't know ANYTHING really yet regarding the perps.

However... ➡️if Russian involvement is ruled out. My reporting on this will crease immediately. Iran is not a imminent nuclear threat in my opinion and don't even cover it on X (barely).

👇👀
I am temporarily helping cover this on forums given the seriousness of the situation. I know many here don't use X. So feel obligated.

Once/if the situation is settled I will crawl back into my hole.
 
Last edited:
🇬🇧🧨🇺🇸✈️
UPDATE ON CONFIRMED/SOURCED MATERIAL: RAF Fairford

Security has been raised at multiple British bases hosting U.S. forces following the suspected terrorist plot near RAF Fairford. RAF Lakenheath is confirmed at FPCON Charlie, while RAF Fairford is reportedly at FPCON Delta, the highest U.S. force protection condition. Heightened security has also been observed at RAF Mildenhall.

Sources:
🔗 Five arrested as counter-terror police investigate major incident near RAF Fairford

🔗 Dozens of residents to be displaced overnight as counter-terror police continue RAF Fairford probe

🔗 Terror police ‘investigate Iran link’ to suspected bomb plot near RAF Fairford

🔗 Terror suspects wanted to do ‘big damage’ to air base used by US, Trump says

🔗 'Major Incident' Near RAF Fairford After Arrests Made Under Explosives Act
 
I don't think its Russians. I don't think they would target a RAF Base with US forces and assets present. Russian would more likely sabotage a drone or missile factory. I think its more likely Iran. I won't rule out ISIS. But this looks way too organized and high scale for ISIS and they tend to go for soft targets and civilians.
The US administration is not overtly anti Russian. A Russia provocation directly against a US asset will would make any pro-Putin positions expressed by the administration politically untenable in the US, and therefore would not serve Russian interests. Russia might try this kind of trick against a Baltic state, but I don't see it directly against US interests.
 
I don't think its Russians. I don't think they would target a RAF Base with US forces and assets present. Russian would more likely sabotage a drone or missile factory. I think its more likely Iran. I won't rule out ISIS. But this looks way too organized and high scale for ISIS and they tend to go for soft targets and civilians.
The US administration is not overtly anti Russian. A Russia provocation directly against a US asset will would make any pro-Putin positions expressed by the administration politically untenable in the US, and therefore would not serve Russian interests. Russia might try this kind of trick against a Baltic state, but I don't see it directly against US interests.
🤔🫤
Again until proven otherwise it has my attention.

And seems both of you seem to lack the other possible qualitative side in this debate which is it's both. Both Iran & Russia have similar goals or convergence here. You both pose valid points to a point... But... I am leaning towards a Iran backed "thing".... But also seems to, well, simply coordinated for Iran to do it itself, alone. Hence why I keep saying *both*.

Edit:
Anyways. IF Russia is proven not to be behind this in any way I will be done covering this as I already made my feeling clear about Iran and what threat they pose nuclear wise in the immediate sense (none).
 
Last edited:
Why did they rule out domestic groups so quickly?

I don't think its Palestine Action. The only domestic kind would be those claiming to support ISIS but this looks too organized. Patriot Platform target illegal migrants (Beaches, Ports and Hotels housing illegals) and get most of funding from the US so I doubt its them.

Those are just the extremist groups I can think of on the top of my head.
 
🤔🫤
Again until proven otherwise it has my attention.

And seems both of you seem to lack the other possible qualitative side in this debate which is it's both. Both Iran & Russia have similar goals or convergence here. You both pose valid points to a point... But... I am leaning towards a Iran backed "thing".... But also seems to, well, simply coordinated for Iran to do it itself, alone. Hence why I keep saying *both*.

Edit:
Anyways. IF Russia is proven not to be behind this in any way I will be done covering this as I already made my feeling clear about Iran and what threat they pose nuclear wise in the immediate sense (none).

What would Russian gain apart creating a Nuclear standoff with two Nuclear armed states? Those Bombers aren't being used in Ukraine. Russian is most likely going to target Power Grids, Drone and missile manufactures, assassinations even mostly East and Central European Countries non Nuclear armed. Using actual spy-craft not terrorist style bomb attacks like this. Iran has stated it considers US Airbases or bases housing US Military assets legit targets.
 
What would Russian gain apart creating a Nuclear standoff with two Nuclear armed states?
None. But if they think it can disrupt US & NATO operations while thinking it can keep its hands clean. Then it (Russia) has everything to gain via plausible deniability or pawning blame to Iran.

Again. Until proven otherwise it has my attention.

It is entirely reasonable that Russia aided a Iranian proxy network within UK. And not ruling it out until explicitly ruled out by the proper authorities.
 
What would Russian gain apart creating a Nuclear standoff with two Nuclear armed states? Those Bombers aren't being used in Ukraine. Russian is most likely going to target Power Grids, Drone and missile manufactures, assassinations even mostly East and Central European Countries non Nuclear armed. Using actual spy-craft not terrorist style bomb attacks like this. Iran has stated it considers US Airbases or bases housing US Military assets legit targets.
I see @NuclearID as keeping an open mind to the possibilities of further Russian involvement.
Honestly, it's likely too early in the investigation to blame anyone, so this is all speculation. From my point of view, if the Russians had any role, it would be in the background with plausible deniability. Perhaps involvement might have been in the form of intelligence, funding, or transport.
 
None. But if they think it can disrupt US & NATO operations while thinking it can keep its hands clean. Then it (Russia) has everything to gain via plausible deniability or pawning blame to Iran.

Again. Until proven otherwise it has my attention.

It is entirely reasonable that Russia aided a Iranian proxy network within UK. And not ruling it out until explicitly ruled out by the proper authorities.
As you say yourself @TSARBomba91 And I keep repeating, it's to coordinated to be some one off two bid lone wolf losly supported by Iran alone imo. And who else would help Iran? Russia. Just saying it really doesn't take much to draw these dots and I'm typical the last person to assume anything.

So until authorities give us a clearer picture my determination of the "seriousness" of the situation is sustained and all possibilities remain open.

👉Not going to say it's one way or the other yet. Or, both. As I keep leaning towards.
 
Back
Top Bottom