• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Climate Change Discussion

So, if we know that there is a causal link between human activity and CO2 emissions (which is blatantly obvious), and we know CO2 contributes to the greenhouse effect (which we can prove in labs via methods pointed out here: https://digitalcommons.conncoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1000&context=physicsfacpub ). Also please be aware that the linked article doesn't even go into methane.
Then surely it is appropriate to state "There is strong evidence linking human activity to climate change".

Not yet but we getting there. With reusable rockets, 3D printed rockets making them much cheaper, an newer better rocket fuel.
Maybe, I just think when we talk about capitalism - it will still be much cheaper to get it from the ground or from the ocean. I mean, shit, like a 3 birds one stone - fresh water, basically renewable copper and uranium for your nuclear reactor you are using to desalinate all this water?
Then again I'm not sure our obligarchs are that smart, theyll do none of those things and instead put up some windmills or somethings(fuck windmills), transport water from Canada, take Uranium from the Iranians, and demand you turn in your copper pipes for new lead ones. All in the name of running cars on lithium that has the same problem.

I strongly recommend people here download this paper and read it ("download" not really exactly for me)
Not only does it describe ocean acidification, which is ABSOLUTELY the result of CO2 (explains why) [and the CO2 in the atmosphere DEFINATELY is human caused]
it ALSO explains how ocean acidifcation leads to more climate change

The primary greenhouse gas is not carbon dioxide, its water vapour, indeed water vapour accounts for more than 50% of all the atmospheric
greenhouse gases. Marine plants like diatoms produce omega 3 oil which acts like a cap on the surface of the water to slow down evaporation.
With the loss or marine plants there is more evaporation, we also lose DMS this is a chemical produced by the plants that forms clouds. What
this means is that humidity increases, temperature increases, clouds disappear, more solar radiation reaches the earth and temperature
continues to increase which also increases water evaporation, it’s a self-reinforcing loop. The planet is going to cook, and hurricanes will become
the norm, just because of the loss of marine plants and the lipid oil surface layer that helps reduce evaporation.

Or maybe its like oil - as copper gets more expensive, companies look harder. They get it from different methods - you know, the sludge from desalinating water should contain both copper and uranium. Its one of the theories for getting enough Uranium for nuclear energy.
We're not going to run out of Uranium. Trust me.
We'll have cracked fusion long before the Uranium runs out.

I strongly recommend people here download this paper and read it ("download" not really exactly for me)
Not only does it describe ocean acidification, which is ABSOLUTELY the result of CO2 (explains why) [and the CO2 in the atmosphere DEFINATELY is human caused]
it ALSO explains how ocean acidifcation leads to more climate change

I applaud Dr. Dryden for his work but is it possible he is looking for funding? https://www.goesfoundation.com/howard-dryden-profile-page/
Here is some hope.

opinion

opinion

Also they (the washington examiner) fail to point out the UK is going to build lots of nuclear power plants.

Also they group 'Africa' & 'Africans' as one set of people! Africa is a diverse continent full of different countries. They're not all poor, impoverished and war torn. South Africa used to be an industrial powerhouse and nuclear power. They use nuclear power in S.A, I wouldn't call this "primitive".

Grew up in hotter pavement so hot at the pool you couldn’t stand on the concrete, the new Vinyl molded dash boards warping and melting in cars with the windows up.
In the Midwest we used to see mirages all the time in the summer.
Pavement or fields so hot out past a 1/3 of a mile and the horizon would only be a wavy mirage.
Hardly ever see them anymore. Wonder why. Something to do with temperature I think

My experience, in my home city when I was younger we always had a white christmas with snow usually arriving in november and melting by the end of march. I moved away for a decade and so I would visit family occasionally. In the early 2010s I was really shocked when I went home for christmas and there was no snow and 23 degrees c on christmas day. Every year since then there has been no snow at christmas time but rather rain. Also summers were mild with maybe 27 being a really hot day with the average like 23. Now what was once hot is now the typical summer day.

I reserve to make a much more argued comment, but for the moment 2 thinghs, that are absolutly unquestionable:
1. The climatc optimum has been reached almost in 5.000 B.C. As to say, 7.000 years ago was hotter. By then, the temperatures are lowering.
2. this will make you astonished and you will not believe to me, but it something verificable in whatever book of Geology: we are in an "ice age".

Personal consideration:
we leave in a period in which the background noise is so big, so overwelming, that we don't give importance not even not to simple data verificables in every school book. And finally all becomes a polical position. As happened to ther Covid. Million people terrified from the fact that antibodies lower after some months, when this fact is explained in EVERY f...g school book of Biology and it is perfectly normal, being the antibodies proteins and not cells. Do you have ever heard about B-T-Memory lymphocytes and what they do? Millions billions trillions of words spread around from TV-experts, and what people have undestood about how immune system works? Nothing at all. And almost 160% of what it really matters to undestand what it matters, is in school books.

@william there are many factors that could give you the impression that nothing has changed.
Like the heated atmosphere can also absorb more water than 100 year before.
And some of these pictures are taken when the tide was out, or on different seasons.
Like in the picture from 2021 you an see that the tide was out if you can compare with the old pic from 1925.
This does not take into account that continental plates also move up and downwards.
And you could find alot of pictures where water levels where rising like on most isles.
The whole planet is in motion, wind and tidal forces still have a stronger influence on the continential sea level than the melting of ice in Greenland or at the South Pole.
Isles in the middle of the ocean don't have these strong tides and are affected by the melting of the ice at first.