• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Climate Change Discussion

Lethal heat wave hitting China as well. I'm very uncomfortable how hot its getting globally and it's only mid July. Hottest time of the year is mid to end of August. Not to mention how long these heatwavea are lasting, let alone the insane records being broken in US, EU, Asia, Australia, Canada, and Russia yearly and this year cuts the cake.

Governments around the world need to kick it in high gear to start preparing and rebuilding our infrastructure for a climate that is definitely changing.

Last edited:
1000 people have died in England already from unprecedented heatwave. Outskirts of London on fire from heatwave. But the climate isn't changing... right...
Last time I saw 2000 dead in Spain and Portugal. Countries practically burned to the ground, too. I'm kind of surprised more people are talking about England.
The US is about to have a heat wave too.

Where I am its supposed to get to 110 in a few days (so far the weather man says), but that is about as shocking as a rubber tire, thats normal for July here. Been in the 90s all month. At least it gets down to below 70 at night haha

The House of Saud are moderates and don’t want to cut your head off. They just want a radical to cut your head off.
...sigh. True. This is why we need green energy asap to be energy independent and tell the Saudis to go fuck off...

Not even about green energy but rather foreign influcne free or independence from foreign energy.

...sigh. True. This is why we need green energy asap to be energy independent and tell the Saudis to go fuck off...

Not even about green energy but rather foreign influcne free or independence from foreign energy.
Or in the interim we could pump our own oil, keep the gulf states at bay.
While at the same exact time lowering Russian profits from oil so the will be less inclined to start a war. There is a cycle with Russian invasions and oil prices.
But nooooooo
We cut our oil making fuel twice as expensive as it needs to be to what?
Dissuade Russia from continuing the invasion. No we’ll punish our citizens with high prices and encourage the gulf states to do what ever it is they want to do.
So brilliant - moderate - full of years of Washington wisdom.
It’s like reading some cheap paperback novel about a conspiracy by politicians to screw the citizens and make millions in kickback profits.

Or we could have continued to pump oil in the US and arm Ukraine before the war ever started., Lordy Lordy we might not have even had to watch Russia invade Ukraine.
Let’s not forget add a few more Muslim nations to the Abraham accords.
That would have been entirely too much winning.
Military, state department and spooks wouldn’t have had anything to do would they, what a shame.

Or in the interim we could pump our own oil, keep the gulf states at bay.
Why keep doing something that is proven poison, toxic, and unhealthy for people. NOT saying it causes climate change but it does cause deaths through illnesses, diseases, and in most sever cases cancer to those living near industries/power plants or for the people mining/drilling for these toxic fuels/energy sources.

Don't our children, their children deserve a clean healthy life/environment & have a secure energy future free of foreign/fossil dependence?

Why keep doing something that is proven poison, toxic, and unhealthy for people. NOT saying it causes climate change but it does cause deaths through illnesses, diseases, and in most sever cases cancer to those living near industries/power plants or for the people mining/drilling for these toxic fuels/energy sources.

Don't our children, their children deserve a clean healthy life/environment & have a secure energy future free of foreign dependence?
So what we stop producing what we have because we’re it’s toxic then turn around and buy it from countries who have a worse track history of environmental protections?
No that argument is DOA
We can develop new energy solutions all day long and I completely support this effort. I look forward to a day with workable affordable electric cars.

But we don’t institute policies the give the upper financial hand to oppressive governments that could care less about climate change.
That’s just deflection DN

So what we stop producing what we have because we’re it’s toxic then turn around and buy it from countries who have a worse track history of environmental protections?
Not saying stop all at once. Just not possible. But there is a way to move forward reasonably towards that goal without shocking the current market...

But we don’t institute policies the give the upper financial hand to oppressive governments that could care less about climate change.
That’s just deflection DN
Hey I am not for shocking the markets. But there is a way to move towards a nuclear/green energy grid and transport infustruce without causing major shock to market or way of life. It will take time decades even. Just saying if we want it done the planning and funding need to be fully invested now.

Forgot to add!!! Nuclear is absolutely KEY to a green energy grid. Nuclear power is a must.
Absolutely agree, now good luck with that and the environmentalist.

First it was the population bomb in the seventies and how there was too many people, then it was ice age, then it was acid rain, then the ozone then melting glaciers and rising sea levels.
Now we’re not really sure it’s climate change it’s going to be too hot in some places and too cold in others.
That is such a perfect novel crises.
It is what ever we say it is today,

Tell the people what they need and what they should expect and how the government is going to lead them away this dystopian wasteland before we ever even get there.
And we’ll be saved by the WEF and IMF and UN.... fill in the blank.

Educating the people through schools and popular media to ask for what they need willingly accepting more governmental restrictions and regulations.

I wonder if Michelangelo had his hammer and chisel safe use permit stamped and his continuing education requirements fulfilled before he started work on the Pieta?

now good luck with that and the environmentalist.
Recent poll shows a major shift in opinion on nuclear energy from the left and right in America mostly because it's cheap, efficient, stable source, and doesn't need much to run unlike coal or other power plants, and clean.

If you follow nuclear energy in America like me you will find many new power companies planning new nuclear power facilities in America.

The two nuclear power plants being built right now in Georgia are fantastic, will stabilize/cut customer energy bills, and make the region/environment more healthy.

Educating the people through schools and popular media to ask for what they need willingly accepting more governmental restrictions and regulations
It's happening. I can pull at least 10 YouTube videos of respectable science channels that are overwhelmingly for and teaching why it's the way forward. Nuclear Power is making a comeback!

Bottom line is that while climate change does happen naturally, it should not be happening this fast

40 degrees Celsius in the UK just doesn’t happen. Full stop.

The whole attitude of “we’ll address it when we need to” has got to stop, or it’ll be too late. If it isn’t already.

This I agree with. AFAIK, COP last year only fucked up because either Saudi or India (I don’t remember which) didn’t want to reduce their coal usage.

Now the rest of us have to pay for it. Way to go!
The only reason it seems it is so fast, is the natural cycle is approaching at the same time as humans inhabitants. Look at it this way . If the cycle was represented by 60 seconds. Every 1 second represented lets say 1000 yrs. And humans were inhabitants at lets say at the 50 seconds stage of earths natural cycle. Then yes the last 10 Seconds doesn't seem long. Now in the last 10 Seconds we were responsible for speeding it up by 1 second = 1000 yrs. This statement is only an example to try and help understand the point of said crisis. So 60,000 yr rotation of the natural cycle has been reduced because of humans and now it stands at 59,000 yrs. That suggests 10,000 yrs of human inhabitants bought forward the natural cycle by 1000 yrs. And they want you to believe we are at 59,850 yrs. And humans won't survive in 50yrs time because of climate change that is solely our doing. 🤣😂🙄😤🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️