• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

French Nuclear Forces Possibly on Heighten Alert

March 23, 2022: France increases its alert level and deploys three nuclear submarines at sea

This is undoubtedly the result or quite simply the response to the placing on maximum alert of the Russian nuclear forces, announced by the Kremlin almost the day after the outbreak of its war in Ukraine. France in particular, the only European nuclear power with Great Britain, has also just raised its nuclear alert level: three of the four nuclear ballistic missile submarines (SNLE) available to the French Navy are now at sea.

France successfully tests its modernized nuclear missile (without load)

France successfully tested on Wednesday the modernized version of its ASMPA nuclear missile, without charge, which is part of the air component of French deterrence, announced the Minister of the Armed Forces Florence Parly.

"The missile, developed by (the French manufacturer, editor's note) MBDA, was fired by a Rafale which took off from the air base 120 of Cazaux", in the south-west of France, according to the press release.

Is there any more info on this, the hairs on my neck are standing up
All we know is that all of French strategic SLBM--(Sub Launched Ballistic Missile) forces are out god knows where. None of them are docked at home.

There has been no official statement. But they only have 1 out 4 out at a time durring normal "peacetime" alert status. But all 4 are out sailing. Naturally the obvious conclusion is French nuclear forces have been put on a higher alert.

Put it bluntly all we know is it's not businesses as usual for the French nuclear deterrent.

Last edited:
What I learned from covid, government says no lockdowns means lockdowns in the near future. Hope this precedent doesn't apply to the current situation but absolutely they would say anything to prevent a panic.

for now, this information of the alert being high is pretty unknown of the general french public.
Won't be for long. Can't keep secret your only 4 nuclear subs capable of delivering strategic weapons are all out sailing... Still not sure how to feel about that it could be a exercise but none are supose to be taking place as far as I know to the public knowledge.

Won't be for long. Can't keep secret your only 4 nuclear subs capable of delivering strategic weapons are all out sailing... Still not sure how to feel about that it could be a exercise but none are supose to be taking place as far as I know to the public knowledge.
What I wonder is why France specifically? It really could be an excise because what does the French government knows that the rest don't?

Maybe the Federations house of cards is falling and Nato is anticipating possible launches...the public is always the last to know...if at all

it's not secret, some media spoke about it, but for now, almost all the attention here are focused on the presidential election happening in april, and the current revolt happening in Corsica.

What I wonder is why France specifically? It really could be an excise because what does the French government knows that the rest don't?
Maybe nothing. But different policy and different government they do what they think is prudent. I don't think it's a worry unless we see Britain's get sent out. The we'll know something big is going down. We might not have the chance to know. Situation is fluid; anything can happen at anytime with little or no warning.

Two days ago: Macron Speaks To Putin.
Now: Three of the four French Navy nuclear submarines are now at sea.

It's kind of suspicious :)

Yeah...but Macron doesn't send out all of his four nuke subs every two days. ;) I think it is a bit worrisome, as Garniv said.

Has any suspicious activity been occurring around known russian silos or mobile truck platforms moving out and about that could have caused the French's sub bug out. Maybe US is sharing intel with them or vice versa...who knows I guess.
Want to make clear we don't know much of anything other than the French strategic SLBM forces are out in full swing somewhere not docked at home.

No reports of other nations making similar moves (so far).

Last edited: