• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Impending Oil Supply Shortages - Strat. Oil Res. |Updates

With Canadian and Venezuelan we have more than enough crude mix in the western hemisphere. I don’t understand the fear or urgency to statements like EV will be the only thing on the road.
I agree completely. However Riffraff is correct that Americans, because we always have plenty of everything, have a huge blind spot to worldwide problems, even first world problems.

I remember the Oil shortage when Opec formed and embargoed us. there was no fuel ANYWHERE. you could buy five gallons on odd or even days based on your plate. (btw wikipedia is full of ship when they say Americans were not severely disrupted. they claim we just paid 400% more)

Believe me you didn't go far in a car that got 8 mpg with only 5 gallons every other day. We would rotate who would sit in the car for 2-4 hours a day to get gas. You had to go every time you were eligible because some days they ran out before your turn. 😳

IMO
Hydrogen or electric are definitely the future. Im partial to hydrogen because we could crack water right here on the farm using wind and sun. This would allow a small amount to be available if the co-op or gas stations in town have shortages. Having multiple vehicles with different fuel is the way to go. Caveat: one must be electric. ⚡️


For now we are using Gasoline/E85 and Diesel, mostly Diesel. For torque it is indispensable atm. my Gas Trucks make ~500 ft lbs Tq. My diesel make ~1000 ft lbs Tq. 🤠

probably not an issue for city folk. I imagine an Electric can make it through days unless traveling. in that case I heard electric car manufacturers have solved the range issue by installing gas engines 😇
 
Back
Top Bottom