• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

North/South Korea | 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious in the article about lockdowns it mentioned that this is not a one off in DPRK. It mentioned a seasonal occurrence in Korea Thats called yellow dust. This is mostly a seasonal reoccurring phenomenon caused by high wings blowing in dust and sand from chinas high central deserts. It is tied to on the minds of Koreans as not a good thing. That it is tied to illnesses being carried in with this Yellow dust. In the COVID era North Koreans have made some connections with it to COVID. I donโ€™t know COVID was supposed to be pretty hardy their might be some lose connections.
They have already told everyone to hunker down once already this year. So I wonโ€™t judge them to harshly. These seasonal wind could be bringing in fungal spores which could potentially be worse than COVID.

I was curious in the article about lockdowns it mentioned that this is not a one off in DPRK. It mentioned a seasonal occurrence in Korea Thats called yellow dust. This is mostly a seasonal reoccurring phenomenon caused by high wings blowing in dust and sand from chinas high central deserts. It is tied to on the minds of Koreans as not a good thing. That it is tied to illnesses being carried in with this Yellow dust. In the COVID era North Koreans have made some connections with it to COVID. I donโ€™t know COVID was supposed to be pretty hardy their might be some lose connections.
They have already told everyone to hunker down once already this year. So I wonโ€™t judge them to harshly. These seasonal wind could be bringing in fungal spores which could potentially be worse than COVID.
Hope we got some nuk sniffers monitoring this.

NEW CONSTRUCTION AT YONGBYON

Satellite images taken by Maxar show that North Korea is connecting the secondary cooling loop of the 50 MW(e) reactor to a pumphouse on the river. In the image dated April 20, construction equipment is visible, as are what appear to be pipe segments. By May 7, North Korea had buried the pipe. This is the first unambiguous indicator that North Korea is moving to complete the reactor.
https://www.armscontrolwonk.com/archive/1215802/new-construction-at-yongbyon/

Hope we got some nuk sniffers monitoring this.
Covid is an airborne virus which has the ability to hitch a ride on a dust particle and travel a decent distance, barring UV sterilization from the sun. However, yellow dust doesnโ€™t explain a full on North Korea style lockdown. Perhaps there is an outbreak of COVID far worse than what the isolated North Koreans are able to handle, or itโ€™s a rehearsal. Either way, itโ€™s odd that it took place close to a new nuke test, AND itโ€™s odd it happened right after China started new Orwellian lockdowns.

Maneuvering for international bailout again, lockdowns from yellow dust are not uncommon NK even precovid

AND itโ€™s odd it happened right after China started new Orwellian lockdowns.
DPRK does all of its trade with the Chinese. Not really a leap of faith to think the train and truck drivers in China sending coal and food gave it to those in DPRK receiving illegal sanctioned Chinese trade.

I wouldn't even call it a leap of faith. It's rather quite evident that DPRK citizens all or them can likly (if they could) trace back their covid cases to the Chinese train and truck drivers delivering illegal sanctioned trade across the border.

Original headline: "Joe Biden in South Korea: Two nations could expand military exercises" - changed the headline to: "US, South Korea could expand military exercises as deterrence to North Korea, leaders announce"

Because that is what the world needs today. More USA military exercises, around another unstable dictator, especially a North Korea with a major COVID-19 outbreak.

Original headline: "Joe Biden in South Korea: Two nations could expand military exercises" - changed the headline to: "US, South Korea could expand military exercises as deterrence to North Korea, leaders announce"

Because that is what the world needs today. More USA military exercises, around another unstable dictator, especially a North Korea with a major COVID-19 outbreak.

Glad where doing it.

Glad where doing it.
Because that will really de-escalate crazy North Korea missile launches.
Kim Jong Un and his paranoia about USA military threats will really be persuaded to de-escalate his military activities by a show of USA military might. That has worked so well in the past.

We need to be as ready as ever for war in the Asian theater. I am all for it the military drills that is with our allies.
I do agree with your assessment, and yes, I think China will make a move, but the timing is what has my attention, meaning, let's hold off until the fearless leader is out of there first and back in the states.

We need to be as ready as ever for war in the Asian theater. I am all for it the military drills that is with our allies.
I think all countries are entitled to a "War Department" (e.g., USA from August 7, 1789 until September 18, 1947.) But with a "Department of Defense" there really should be half-hearted measures for defense as well as war campaigns.

September 2017, North Korea threatened to use high-altitude EMP weapon on USA. Five years later, in terms of infrastructure hardening against EMP in USA? Crickets. But by all means, let's have the USA War Department spend money to send ships to escalate North Korea further instead. Great "NatSec" policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.