• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

North/South Korea | 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin and his South Korean counterpart Lee Jong-sup met in Washington and agreed to “expand the joint exercises in the second half of 2022,” the South’s defense ministry said in a statement Saturday. They also vowed to strengthen the allies’ “deterrence posture” by deploying US strategic assets to the Korean Peninsula.

The two nations also agreed in the statement to “resolutely and jointly respond” to what they labeled North Korea’s provocative actions, with Austin pledging to use the “full range of US capabilities” to defend South Korea.

North Korea fires two cruise missiles toward sea off its west coast, South Korean officials say​

North Korea fired two cruise missiles early Wednesday morning, from the coastal town of Onchon into waters off its west coast, according to a South Korean Defense Ministry official. Military officials from South Korea and the United States are analyzing the launch for further details.
North Korea has had a flurry of recent missile tests, with Wednesday's marking the 18th launch this year, according to CNN's count. The last missile launch was on June 5, with eight short-range ballistic missiles. By comparison, the hermit kingdom conducted only four tests in 2020, and eight in 2021.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/17/asia/north-korea-fires-cruise-missiles-intl-hnk/index.html

Fat kim wants his walking zombie corpses sent to Russia so he can trim down his population. Less mouths to feed, more grain saved to fill his coffers. NKorea is the bottom of the bottom countries to receive aid from , Russia is truly achieving a rogue terrorist nation saddling up with them.

Of course there will be a soft response, just like every other time.
Just out of curiosity, because I don’t really remember, did the south engage in rhetoric like this when they first started testing 10 years or so ago? I agree that they’re not gonna do anything I guess it’s just been a while since the last one so I don’t remember how exactly they phrased their response.

Just out of curiosity, because I don’t really remember, did the south engage in rhetoric like this when they first started testing 10 years or so ago? I agree that they’re not gonna do anything I guess it’s just been a while since the last one so I don’t remember how exactly they phrased their response.
"No soft response" = more sanctions, just like every other time North Korea has acted up.

I'm just wondering when they're going to run out of things to sanction.

Honestly the whole notion of sanctions only works if the DPRK's main trading partner (i.e. China) is involved. Spoiler alert: they're not.
Sanctions on the DPRK will only work if the PRC & RF are onboard, which they won't be.

Sanctions on the DPRK will only work if the
Oh sanctions on DPRK work. Have you seen their economic condition? Have you read defectors statements on life standards inside DPRK? It's a black spot on satellite map for God's sake at night. Starvation, no technological access to virtually anything.

Its probably a good thing CCP gives DPRK what very little they give to stop a total collapse of DPRK. Which would be bad. First off loose nukes or nukes in a civil war no good to anyone. Then the giant absolute humanitarian disaster would occur if DPRK collapsed.

From DPRK state-run media, so treat accordingly. However:

A new law declares the country a "responsible nuclear power" and states that the nuclear weapons it possesses is no longer negotiable.

“If the command and control system of the National Nuclear Forces are being threatened to be attacked by hostile forces,...

A preemptive nuclear strike will be launched automatically and immediately,” the law said.

From DPRK state-run media, so treat accordingly. However:

A new law declares the country a "responsible nuclear power" and states that the nuclear weapons it possesses is no longer negotiable.

“If the command and control system of the National Nuclear Forces are being threatened to be attacked by hostile forces,...

A preemptive nuclear strike will be launched automatically and immediately,” the law said.
Ok so nothing changes really. Like a spoiled brat yelling in a library.

Status
Not open for further replies.