• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Seeking Amateur Radio Operators General Class and higher

New member here, Scott, callsign N3ATO. General class. Still perusing the website...used to be very familiar with the actual DEFCON system during my SAC days as a ICBM missileer.

Seems we have some amateur radio operators who do not have HF access... While I am still interested in running an HF net at some point, how many people have Moto turbo (dmr) and can access a local network repeater? Also, how many happened to have an echo link or All-Star linked repeater in their area?

Perhaps we figure out All-Star or Moto turbo net first and then evolve to HF... As I see it, Moto turbo would be much easier to figure out as we just find a tallkgroup and meet their individually .. all star or echo-link may require a little more finagling..

/ Mike

KD9BCD here. My license does not cover that band. However, I would like to look into getting the appropriate equipment to at least monitor HF, with the ability to transmit if SHTF, at which point FCC violations are the least of anyone's worries. Upgrading my license is something I would be willing to look into depending on what it entails.
[email protected]. Shoot me an email and we can discuss offline

KD0OPK here. I have 100 watt transmit capability on 40 meters. I look forward to the net's air time meeting schedule being made in order for everyone to listen for and join in the net contact action.

KG7HBC Extra, St George UT. I can do 400w. Put me on the list. This sounds like a sure way to be in the first sweep up of troublemakers when it hit the fan.

Ok...finally had a chance to tally up the responses so far... looks like we are on a good start.... 18 licensed amateur radio operators... of those 18, so far, we have 16 who are general or better..... thats a REALLY good start..

Looks like MOST are in the United States, with a few in Canada, and one in Ecuador...

Ok...finally had a chance to tally up the responses so far... looks like we are on a good start.... 18 licensed amateur radio operators... of those 18, so far, we have 16 who are general or better..... thats a REALLY good start..

Looks like MOST are in the United States, with a few in Canada, and one in Ecuador...
We should probably post the request on social media a few more times.

KO4AJE

FYI - Will monitor and transmit emergency comms, if needed, on the following freq's.

HF - 3.819 AM/PM - 80M (600 WATTS MAX POWER FOR HF)
VHF - 146.640 TONE - 107.2 ( Vero Beach, FL local repeater system )
UHF - 444.150 TONE - 107.2 (SARNET Florida, state wide repeater system) (SARNETFL.COM)

winlink: KO4AJE

FL WINLINK NET: W4AKH
PLEASE USE STANDARD CHECK IN FORMAT BELOW
TO: W4AKH <<<**** <<< ****
SUBJECT: FL WL NET, First Name, City, State, Any Mode*, P2P (if used)

*( Vara HF or FM, Packet, Ardop, Radio only, Mesh Telnet...etc,), (RMS station or Path Optional) (Commas & Spelling important)
Msg body optional.

FORMAT is Important * NOTE USE 2 CHARACTER STATE e.g. ,FL, P2P WITHIN COMMAS
*** Following directions is good practice for message handlers. ***

KO4AJE

FYI - Will monitor and transmit emergency comms, if needed, on the following freq's.

HF - 3.819 AM/PM - 80M (600 WATTS MAX POWER FOR HF)
VHF - 146.640 TONE - 107.2 ( Vero Beach, FL local repeater system )
UHF - 444.150 TONE - 107.2 (SARNET Florida, state wide repeater system) (SARNETFL.COM)

winlink: KO4AJE

FL WINLINK NET: W4AKH
PLEASE USE STANDARD CHECK IN FORMAT BELOW
TO: W4AKH <<<**** <<< ****
SUBJECT: FL WL NET, First Name, City, State, Any Mode*, P2P (if used)

*( Vara HF or FM, Packet, Ardop, Radio only, Mesh Telnet...etc,), (RMS station or Path Optional) (Commas & Spelling important)
Msg body optional.

FORMAT is Important * NOTE USE 2 CHARACTER STATE e.g. ,FL, P2P WITHIN COMMAS
*** Following directions is good practice for message handlers. ***
i'm lost... are u telling us how to check in to the net this coming saturday?

i would have placed the time in EDT but thought there may be people around the world, and thus confusion would ensue.
I thought 9:30 pm would be perfect for me, and just about everyone else... but figured zulu ; utc /gmt was best here.... sorry for confusion.