• Guests may view all public nodes. However, you must be registered to post.

Seeking Amateur Radio Operators General Class and higher

KF4VAR Amateur Extra. Cotacachi Ecuador. No tengo licencia ecuatoriana en este momento (tenemos un acuerdo de reciprocidad con Ecuador) porque ya no estoy activo ... solía trabajar las redes nacionales y regionales (teléfono) reduciendo el tráfico a las redes locales 2 M y 6M usando ARRL estándar tráfico de forma de mensaje ... vivió en México durante 10 años y estuvo activo con su prefijo XE en algunas de las redes locales allí. También experimente con formatos digitales en esa parte de las bandas. Tipo de ingeniería Ex broadcast / marina / sw.
Estoy en pleno trabajo, pero ahí les dejo una dirección con frecuencias repetidoras en Ecuador, luego intentaré ubicar un radioaficionado en su localidad, según la web hay unos 30

Hello,

The idea has been kicked about regarding the DEFCON warning systems community and amateur radio. To me this is a no-brainer, as our HF access gives us an efficient method
of communicating when all else fails... I would like to see how many people here have a General class (US amateur radio) license, or have 40M (7 mhz) privileges. This seems to be an easy to operate band, and is generally good when band conditons are not always the best higher up.

If you would just reply here in this thread, with your name, and callsign, (assuming you feel comfortable sharing that) or at least signify in some way you are a licensed amateur radio operator, I can get a feel of if this is a viable option. Assuming we are able to form a critical mass of operators, perhaps we could start an HF monthly net wherein we check-in at a pre-designated time, and then just say hi to each other, read the most current DEFCON bulletin, and then perhaps assign net control rotating duties as the thing evolves.

Eventually, I would like to figure out some form of digital standard or standards wherein the bulletin could be transmitted via HF and received by those without internet access, or those in remote locations throughout the world.

Again, this is in the nascent stages and the sky is the limit on how organized and regimented, or, how loose and relaxed we make it. The end result I would like to obtain would be for us to have fun, fellowship, and provide a service to the community. If in the process we get more people interested in obtaining or upgrading their licenses, so much the better!

I look forward to hearing back from you all soon.
Best of 73,

N2SRO
KE0ROJ - General license in Stillwater, MN.
Great idea and I'm in. Keep me posted.

Hello,

The idea has been kicked about regarding the DEFCON warning systems community and amateur radio. To me this is a no-brainer, as our HF access gives us an efficient method
of communicating when all else fails... I would like to see how many people here have a General class (US amateur radio) license, or have 40M (7 mhz) privileges. This seems to be an easy to operate band, and is generally good when band conditons are not always the best higher up.

If you would just reply here in this thread, with your name, and callsign, (assuming you feel comfortable sharing that) or at least signify in some way you are a licensed amateur radio operator, I can get a feel of if this is a viable option. Assuming we are able to form a critical mass of operators, perhaps we could start an HF monthly net wherein we check-in at a pre-designated time, and then just say hi to each other, read the most current DEFCON bulletin, and then perhaps assign net control rotating duties as the thing evolves.

Eventually, I would like to figure out some form of digital standard or standards wherein the bulletin could be transmitted via HF and received by those without internet access, or those in remote locations throughout the world.

Again, this is in the nascent stages and the sky is the limit on how organized and regimented, or, how loose and relaxed we make it. The end result I would like to obtain would be for us to have fun, fellowship, and provide a service to the community. If in the process we get more people interested in obtaining or upgrading their licenses, so much the better!

Best of 73,

N2SRO
Warren KB4KUO General Class

Hello,

Best of 73,

N2SRO
hi have a general class but i dont have a hf raido i have d star and uhf and vhf kc6iki alan

US extra and DL highest level - all bands - prefere cw for em com bcs works at lowest tech level - hvg also AC1 tube tx and collins 51S1 RX - that should wirk also when electromagnetic fields transistors blasts ...

I completed the extra class license in April 2021. I have ic705 radio, yeasu ft7800r radio, kenwood thd74 radio, some baofeng radios and some GMRS radios. I also have a president Rudy FCC CB radio.
KO4ESA
WRJR757

I am reading through the ARES manuals and the CERT manuals. I haven't started taking the courses yet. I did order some more manuals from fema so that I have printed copies handy.

I have a ham radio information group on telegram. I post videos and useful information from hm radio operators on the channel.
N5DUX is a good website. There are a lot of PDFs that are useful on that website.
HF underground is another excellent website.
KO4ESA
WRJR757

Could not log into account so, I had to make a new one KO4AJE.

KO4AJE

FYI - Will monitor and transmit emergency comms, if needed, on the following freq's.

HF - 3.819 AM/PM - 80M (600 WATTS MAX POWER FOR HF)
VHF - 146.640 TONE - 107.2 ( Vero Beach, FL local repeater system )
UHF - 444.150 TONE - 107.2 (SARNET Florida, state wide repeater system) (SARNETFL.COM)

HOMEPAGE

Ham Radio Projects with KO4AJE

www.ko4aje.com

winlink: KO4AJE

FL WINLINK NET: W4AKH
PLEASE USE STANDARD CHECK IN FORMAT BELOW
TO: W4AKH <<<**** <<< ****
SUBJECT: FL WL NET, First Name, City, State, Any Mode*, P2P (if used)

*( Vara HF or FM, Packet, Ardop, Radio only, Mesh Telnet...etc,), (RMS station or Path Optional) (Commas & Spelling important)
Msg body optional.

FORMAT is Important * NOTE USE 2 CHARACTER STATE e.g. ,FL, P2P WITHIN COMMAS
*** Following directions is good practice for message handlers. ***

For God and Country!
KO4AJE

M7WJA